Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Jul 13, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Talking THE GOLDRUSH GATE GADABOUT- DAY 5- The Disney WonderDay 4 -Sea Day Superstar !

INDEX TO COMPLETE TRIP HERE
Day 5- Sea day.

Woke up nice and slowly, no need to rush anywhere on the boat to be honest. The breakfast buffets are open till 11am so we eventually get up and go consume our daily allowance of 1,000 cals at breakfast alone.

Its just all too tempting, even the muesli is absolutely gorgeous, and don't get me on about the muffins,

Georgia always goes for smoked salmon or maybe an omelette, she wanders around like an old lady checking out what she fancies. We always laugh at her and point out all the other kids getting fruit hoops, cookies and chocolate doughnuts while she teeters about like a little granny with her bit of salmon and a free range omelette.

I have to say the weather wasn't great today (and for the rest of the 14 days to be honest) We expected the sun to be out for at least the first 7 day cruise(LA to Vancouver) but it was unusually chilly.

The boat is packed with it being a sea day and although we would've liked to have braved the pools and hot tub we didn't wanna have to squeeze in

It seemed to be the same people in the hot tub all the time (over amorous couples kissing and snuggling) yewk. So there went our hot tub hour .

Instead I persuaded Georgia to come to the animation class with me while Paul went to the DVC meet. We once won $500 credit at one of these and hes always chasing the dragon.
He got nothing except about 6 DVC caps and a headache listening to the incredibly LOUD bloke talking for hours.

Georgias drawing was pretty good considering she didnt copy the guy who was instructing us as we couldnt see him thanks to a very large american couple who were slightly over competitive, and kept standing up so they could get the "full picture" I was very tempted to take the "full picture that we got of there gigantic backsides for most of the time.

Plus shes only eight, they were at least fifty!

Georgia hopped back into the kids club where she came out with one of these, the first of many, I think it was for pledging that she would never miss out on a seat on the "Zombies Versus Plants computers" for the next 2 weeks

It was driving me crazy that I had forgotton my watch so I went off to the shop and bought this little bargain for $10 with my Gold Castaway discount-

We went up on deck to try and make the most of the sunny but windy weather and ended up in Cove Cafe. It was amazing how many people up here were paying for the ships internet connection and sitting around complaining loudly about how slow it is and how much money theyve paid for it.

Whatever happened to getting a coffee and reading the newspaper ?

Pulled Georgia outve the kids club to feed her up on deck, pizza from Pinocchios pizzeria,-- everyday they had a new flavour and soon became a favourite of georgias, especially when we started allowing her to go up on deck and get one herself. Shes been on 10 cruises now and knows the boat like the back of her hand, and our cabin was very close to the midship lifts so there was no chance of her getting disorientated. But she was pleased as punch she could do it (even though the first time Paull sneakily followed her to make sure she was sensible! )

After lunch there was a Character dance party in the atrium.

As usual it was full to the brim of adults with huge cameras, videos, tripods, and dodgy dance moves.

Georgia tried to squeeze herself in as one of the outnumbered children but after being pushed and stood on a few times came back up to where we were standing on the balcony

I have to say I am always bemused by adult character chasers on the disney boats. I dont mind the people who stand in lines in parks, or on the boats, thats fair enough. I mean the crazyz who step on the heads of the kids who are trying to get a little dance with mickey or whoever to let a 50 yr old through with his zoom lens canon .

Hilarious. I know im in the minority, so sorry any character groupies among us !

Tonight was Formal Night and the showing of Golden Mickeys.

Paul faffed about a bit getting ready and we thought we'd miss the start of the show so we left him behind and went down for the gala , well as I turned around Georgia got swooped on by the "red carpet " lady who interviews all the "stars" (Think oscars)

I hadnt seen this before and was standing watching her answer all the questions, where you from? who are you particularly excited to see tonight? Are you up for any awards? , with some very funny irish/geordie answers, that stumped the interveiwer in her tracks

Little did I realise it had all been beamed on the big screen in the theatre and as we went in to get our seats she got a big round of applause . The rest of the cruise she had people coming up to her saying oh we saw you on TV/ in the theatre/ please say ------- in your accent.

Hahahaha. She thought she was a superstar!

Once out we went over to see the fabulous "Buckets & Boards" show, which had been recommended to us by a cm.
Its a couple of young guys who play rythms out on almost everything. It sound Mmmmaaaahhh. I know. But they are hilariously funny.

Then they looked round the audience for a participent and as usual we all cringed and sunk down, but who should get picked… miss superstar herself, Georgia! Outve a huge room full of kids with their hands up waving , the guy came straight up to georgia and said arghhhhhhh we have a giggly redhead thats just what we need.

So off she went up on the stage and was on there being the stooge for best part of 30 mins. Absolutely brilliant. She was playing drums and they kept throwing strange things at her that she had to drum with, she did great and was laughing all the way through.
At the end she got given a DVD of their show as a thank you. To say she was delighted was an understatement. Of course she was now the official new celebrity on the cruise and no matter where she went she was recognised.

Anyone going on the cruise its a great show very funny so dont miss it. They are on Youtube if you want to check them out.

Unfortunately we were still in shock about her celebrity appearance earlier so neither of us thought to take a video just a couple of blurred photos , and you can see how far back we were so goodness knows how they found her.

Off to formal night for our dinner which was lovely as usual and we had a few drinks before collecting georgia from the kids club and falling into bed after a very good day.

Tommorrow- San francisco

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Lovely day, Georgia really is a superstar, her hair is a fabulous colour! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
denthefrog
Excited about Disney

cyclops

Fantastic - absolutely thrilled for Georgia, she obviously has that 'star quality'
Old 15 Jul 13, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

wow , go Georgia , BGT is waiting for you !
Great day despite the not so great weather . Really looking forward to more .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Well done to Georgia - did she enjoy getting recognised?

Yuk to the over amorous couples in the hot tub though.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Please can you get me Georgia's autograph ?
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 13, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great day, Georgia is such a star and love her dress

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 13, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Glad the holiday is on the up. Georgia did look very cute.

I agree about the dance party that should be for kids not adults, i'd never go to that apart from to watch maybe.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 13, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

So is Georgia going to be on next year's BGT?

The adult character chasers bemuse me I just don't get it at all!
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 13, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Will Georgia ever want to speak to us again now she's famous?!