Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Aug 13, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Flight Day 8th August 2013

We got up at 0600 as we were all awake apparently some one was snoring all night I wonder who that was!

We showered and then went down for breakfast all the usual offerings so all suitably full. We were well ahead of schedule as we weren't going to get up until 0700.

We went back to the room to get our cases and to check out. I went to reception and checked the bill they almost charged us for the breakfasts, although as I pointed out the rate we booked through Holiday Extras included the breakfast, so they rectified that and I paid for last nights meal.

We decided to get the 0828 Hotel Hoppa bus to Terminal 5 Heathrow as we were originally going to get the 0858 as I said we were ahead of schedule.

We went straight to bag drop for British Airways as we had done the on-line check in. We had a wonder around the shops and then realised we had forgotten to pack our travel adapter so we got a new one in WHSmiths.

Then we went through security all very smooth. We had a look in Duty Free as Nigel wanted to get some Whisky to take on the Cruise, he is going to use his new Swansea City hip flask, he treated himself to Glenfiddich 15yr and 18yr talk about spoiling him.

Rebecca decided she wanted to spend her money so she brought a One Direction book and some Haribo Smurf sweets, Oh by the way I didn't get anything as didn't have time for me to look around. Rebecca was now worried that we wouldn't get to the gate on time.

So we checked and we were gate A8, so we headed in that direction and sat waiting for 20 minutes until they started boarding. We boarded and got to our seats row 10 seats D E and F they were nice comfy seats and the leg room wasn't bad either.

We took off on time and the flight was smooth. At 1215 cabin crew with BLT Wraps and drinks Nigel and I had Coffee and Rebecca had a coke, she didn't eat her wrap as she doesn't like bacon. The wraps were quite nice, even better because they were free.

Rebecca opened her smurf sweets and ate them while reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

We arrive at Barcelona at 1415 and went through security and got our cases all went smoothly we then had to find out where our pre booked taxi was, we had booked it on-line with a company called Viator. We decided to book a shared taxi as it was £30.00 cheaper. We found the Aero city office and they said it would be 25 minutes wait, that was one draw back of booking a shared taxi. The wait time went quickly then the other couple arrived so we were under way. It was a Mini Bus and was quite comfortable and air conditioned.

We had to go to Terminal 2 to pick up another couple, then we headed to our Hotel we were the 1st drop of. We were staying at the Tryp Apollo Barcelona Hotel. We got to the Hotel at 1600, we checked in and went to our room which was room number 246. The room was no where near as nice as the one in the Sheraton.

We all showered and changed to go out as we had a reservation at the Hard Rock which meant we had to catch the subway (which we had researched on line before we left).

The subway station was right out side the Hotel which was great. We brought a ticket that enabled us to travel on 10 journeys between the 3 of us for 9.80 Euros which was not bad. We had to catch the L3 and go three stops. When we arrived we walked around Plaza Catalunya until we found the Hard Rock. We had a look around the shop Rebecca and Nigel both had T-Shirts I didn't as the ladies T-shirts only went up to large and I apparently needed X-Large, but we still managed to spend 53.90 Euros.

We checked in for our table as I had booked on-line it gets you to the front of the line, thank goodness I had done that as there was a lot of people waiting for tables. We were given a pager for the next available table it went off in a couple of minutes it definitely pays to book on-line as some people that were waiting were told half and hour wait.

We ordered our food Rebecca had Char grilled chicken breast in a roll with chips and a Pepsi.

Nigel had 10oz Beef Burger with Bacon onion and cheese with chips and 2 pints of Estrella (the beer or Barcelona).

I ordered BBQ Chicken Burger with chips and a Strawberry Daquari, we also had a side order of Onion Rings.

Nigel and I were full but Rebecca had a chocolate mousse

We settled the bill and it was 76.55 Euros quite expensive I know. We headed back to the tube station after Nigel and Rebecca posed by the fountain.

We felt totally safe on the subway and they were so clean. All in bed for 10pm to write up my notes. We have a busy day tomorrow.

Busy day in Barcelona
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 164.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	50584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 156.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	50585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 158.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	50586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 157.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	50587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 149.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	50588  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 163.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	50589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holiday 2013 Barcelona and Disney Cruise 166.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	50590  

Edited at 12:33 PM.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
That daiquiri looks lovely - I'm hoping to have a few cocktails soon
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
The food at HRC looks tasty! Can't wait to see your photos from on board!
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ryanlaur
Very Serious Dibber

Really enjoying your trip report ... the strawberry daiquiri looks delicious!
ryanlaur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
What did you think of your hotel? Would you mind telling me how much you paid if you can remember and how long it took from airport to hotel/hotel to cruise terminal please.

I'm looking for a hotel for next Sept and the one I was going to book (Novotel) is a little out of our price range as we're paying for others too
Old 27 Aug 13, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hi Bats

The Hotel was The TRYP Apollo Barcelona it was OK but the room could have been cleaner, and the corridors did smell of cigarettes that may just be me noticing it more as I'm an not smoker.

We booked through Hotels.com and it cost £281.64 for two nights in a Triple room with Breakfast that was 08/08/13 to 10/08/13 the costs them selves were not bad. I think it took about 20 minutes or so to get to the Hotel from the Airport, and around 10 minutes to the port, plenty of taxis parked outside the Hotel.

The Breakfast was very good plenty on offer and restaurant was bright and clean.

We found the situation of the Hotel OK for travelling around Barcelona as it was right by the subway.

Hope this helps
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 13, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Your cocktail looks delicious
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 13, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Enjoying your report, fab photos
Old 2 Sep 13, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkers
Imagineer

Lovely your report so far and finding it all very useful. May need to stay at Barcelona next year, oh and great to see they have a Hard Rock Cafe yum yum

Hilton Head April 2018
China & Japan Sept 2018
Portugal Oct 18
Tinkers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 13, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread