Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Will We Make A Rop Drop?! Our First AP Trip - Day 7

Will We Make A Rope Drop?! Mr & Mrs V's First Annual Pass Trip - April/May 2013

Day 7- Shopping and Ohana! - 30th April 2013

We had a bit of a lie in today, the beds at WL were very comfy and today’s plan was more shopping … after Sizzler at Crossroads for breakfast, which we both enjoyed, and it is so cheap!

Scott had chicken nuggets with his breakfast!

I started with french toast and a pancake ... yummy!

Then went on to fruit and a bagel with pb&j

Again we got here just before 11am, so they started to put lunch out before we left and other people did go up for lunch food too.

This is a nice easy and cheap breakfast for us both, I think the buffet was $5 each It has good memories for Scotty now as he came here on our wedding day with his Best Man and Usher, they all had a great morning!

With full bellies (They say you should never go shopping hungry right?!) we drove up to the Premium Outlets on Vineland Ave

and our first stop was to Ultra Diamonds to put our wedding rings and my engagement ring in for a service(We get free annual servicing with the insurance they gave us). We recognised the manager who served us in March and to our surprise he recognised us too! First name terms with the servers in the Diamond shop … can only be good! They took our rings, and also invited us to a special event on Saturday with big discounts which was very kind of them but we don’t need any more diamonds … sadly! I really do recommend this shop, the service is fantastic and also they will do you some great deals.

We then went into the Disney Character Warehouse where we grabbed a few more bargains, got a pair of jeans wach from Levi's, went into Nike and Adidas on the hunt for more gym stuff in the clearance and found some more bargains. We looked around a few more shops but didn’t buy anything else, then set off for the car.

This morning at Crossroads we had seen Steak’n’Shake across the road and I remember reading good things about it on here, so we went back there on the way home to try it out.

It was just after 4pm now and they have happy hour 2-4 both pm and am for any Dibbers who may be able to take advantage, ½ price shakes!

As we had an ADR at Ohana tonight, we wanted to go hungry, so we decided to share a cheese burger in a garlic bread bun with parmesan fries, and got a shake each.

I had salted caramel pretzel and it was amazing! Very big though so the half I hadn’t drunk our server poured into a cup to go, lovely. We enjoyed our lunch here and again we would come back. Again, great value

We drove back to WL, spotted the MU monorail!

unloaded our bags onto the "buy sofa" here lol

And enjoyed an hour out on the balcony, watching the world go by and enjoying a cider or two. We really do love the WDW balconies, especially now we take the parks at a slower pace, perfect for a chilled afternoon rest.

Soon it was time to shower and get ready for dinner tonight, and we got the boat over to MK

(Looks like we have had too much cider here lol)

and then the monorail round to the Poly just as it started to thunder. We saw some impressive lightning on the way round!
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
We checked in at Ohana just before our ADR time but requested a window seat so had to wait 40 minutes before we were buzzed.

We had a window table … but right on the left hand side so not really a firework view, I will make sure I ask a bit clearer next time We were seated at 8.50pm so there was just time to order drinks before Wishes began, and we could just see from our table.

As you all know, we love Ohana so we were very glad to be back. Service tonight was sadly a bit slow though … but we still enjoyed it.

Food photos as I know you all love them! Starting with the coconut bread which Scott left alone as he is savign room for the meat!

Salad with the yummy dressing ... Scott the salad dodger also ignores!

Dumplings and chicken wings ... the boy can finally eat

Noodles and stir fried veggies

And finally the yummy meat ... chicken, steak, pork and shrimp!

(Sorry for the bad photos!)

Scott is happy to confirm this is still his fave ADR at WDW, and he managed an impressive amount of food today, even our server agreed he had done well … which meant the pudding was all for me, yum!

We left feeling very full, and popped into the Poly shop for a souvenir as we really do love this resort and it has lots of happy memories for us. I got a nice keyring, Minnie with hibiscus charms and we posed for some photos.

Then went up to get the monorail to MK … but we were too late, the monorail was closed for the night oops!

We decided as we were in no hurry to get a bus to DTD as the ride would let our dinner go down, and then got the bus from DTD back home to WL where we fell straight to sleep. A much more relaxed day for us today
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Aww lovely day Emma!

Steak n Shake looks good!

Looking at your 'Ohana pics is bringing back fab memories for me too

xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Yay, another day, that has brightened the day up

A lovely chilled day, with lots of good food and shopping, what more can you wish for

Really envious of your Lei's as we never received a any when we ate there, and it was one of the little things I was looking forward to
Wonder if we will get one when we go there next trip
Old 27 Aug 13, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I haven't been to sizzler for years. Used to love their chicken wings with dinner.

Steak and Shake looks lovely, the shake looks more like ice cream, I am not surprised you couldn't finish it.

I am so excited for 'Ohana, it is one of the few places we are eating at this year that I haven't been to.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another fab day. Love the fact you're known in the diamond shop...brilliant! The milkshakes looked good too. We love O'Hana too, it is our favourite! Looking forward to more

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day
Old 27 Aug 13, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
A great relaxing day.
have 3 kids looking over my shoulder and now declare that they have to go to steak and shake.. but without having a car not so sure.. is it easy to walk from the outlet to there without getting killed?

also spotted your lady and tramp bracelet its gorgeous.. did you make it?
love your nails as well.

lovely shopping day and what a better way to finish your day of at o'hana's we can't wait to have dinner there! .. as well as breakfast..

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 13, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Aww lovely day Emma!

Steak n Shake looks good!

Looking at your 'Ohana pics is bringing back fab memories for me too

xx
Thanks rach, go to love Ohana xxx

Originally Posted by happy bunny View Post
Yay, another day, that has brightened the day up

A lovely chilled day, with lots of good food and shopping, what more can you wish for

Really envious of your Lei's as we never received a any when we ate there, and it was one of the little things I was looking forward to
Wonder if we will get one when we go there next trip
Awww thank you, love a Florida shop

We didn't get leis on our wedding rehearsal night but we were lucky this time, I hope you get them on your next visit! xxx

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I haven't been to sizzler for years. Used to love their chicken wings with dinner.

Steak and Shake looks lovely, the shake looks more like ice cream, I am not surprised you couldn't finish it.

I am so excited for 'Ohana, it is one of the few places we are eating at this year that I haven't been to.
Got to love the bargain Sizzler lol.
I hope you love Ohana as much as we do

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Another fab day. Love the fact you're known in the diamond shop...brilliant! The milkshakes looked good too. We love O'Hana too, it is our favourite! Looking forward to more
Haha could be dangerous in that shop! Thank you for reading xxx

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A nice relaxing day
Thank you

Originally Posted by madhatter3 View Post
A great relaxing day.
have 3 kids looking over my shoulder and now declare that they have to go to steak and shake.. but without having a car not so sure.. is it easy to walk from the outlet to there without getting killed?

also spotted your lady and tramp bracelet its gorgeous.. did you make it?
love your nails as well.

lovely shopping day and what a better way to finish your day of at o'hana's we can't wait to have dinner there! .. as well as breakfast..
Erm not too sure about walking Jane as it was on a main road, but a taxi won't be much It was yummy!

Thank you, I love that bracelet! No I didn't make it, it is Thomas Sabo, they do a little range of Disney charms and when I saw those ones I had to get it!

Thanks for reading, and yay for Ohana! xxx

Old 27 Aug 13, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by lady emz View Post
Thanks rach, go to love Ohana xxx

Awww thank you, love a Florida shop

We didn't get leis on our wedding rehearsal night but we were lucky this time, I hope you get them on your next visit! xxx

Got to love the bargain Sizzler lol.
I hope you love Ohana as much as we do

Haha could be dangerous in that shop! Thank you for reading xxx

Thank you

Erm not too sure about walking Jane as it was on a main road, but a taxi won't be much It was yummy!

Thank you, I love that bracelet! No I didn't make it, it is Thomas Sabo, they do a little range of Disney charms and when I saw those ones I had to get it!

Thanks for reading, and yay for Ohana! xxx
Thanks, Libby got a Thomas Sabo braclet for her birthday,now why have i not spotted the disney charms..(of to look now).
thought of taxi from the outlets..just wary about getting taxis as have this image of us all been taken down a back dark alley and murdered! .. crazy i know, fine with hotel calling a taxi but not sure about just flagging one down.. can you tell i have never been to id/got in a taxi in florida.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List