Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Georgemac & Crew Oct 2005 - Day 10

Sun 16th MNSSHP at MK

Did our usual routine when we got up, except lazed about at the pool and splashed around all morning, then had lunch in the villa – I had the rest of the chinese I could not finish last night – the portions are huge!

Headed out at about 1 PM, planning to be at the Magic Kingdom at 4 PM, as this is when entry is allowed with our MNSSHP party tickets – when I collected them the CM told me not to turn up between 6 and 7 PM because it gets very congested.

We went to the Lake Buena Vista factory outlets to pre book the Freetime checkin for TCD on the morning we went home – prebooking saves $5 per head. Did a little shopping here, DW likes the kitchen equipment store and buy’s a few things, we get some more things from the Nike store, they have a better choice of normal sizes than the premium outlets which only seem to have XL and up on the golf polo shirts. DW also gets a pair of cowboy boots for DD from one of the huge footwear shops – cannot remember which.

Headed off to the Crossroads and TGI Fridays for something to eat before heading to MK – TGI’s is busy but we get a table without waiting – food is excellent.

Arrived at MK about 5.30 PM (behind schedule), got our wristbands and trick or treat bags, and off to Tomorrowland where we did Buzz Lightyear 3 times, then Space Mountain before the rides closed from 6 to 7 PM. All walk ons.

We then headed off to Adventureland, where we met some people from home who were heading out of the park, and we stopped and had a good long chat until a CM saw they did not have wrist bands and politely asked them to leave. Lots of parties were dressed up in costume, but quite a lot including us were not. If I were to go back again I would definitely dress up. Fancy myself as William Wallace in the kilt with a blue & white face.

We worked our way trick or treating to Frontierland, then DS and I walked on to Splash Mountain twice, and also Thunder Mountain. We then headed off to get a spot to watch the 1st parade at 8 PM, got settled down, and we almost missed the headless horseman! The parade was absolutely excellent. DS and I then did the haunted mansion, again a walk on, we trick or treated some more before going to grab a spot for the hallowishes fireworks. The interaction from the CM’s was great during trick or treating.

Hallowishes fireworks was absolutely brilliant, thoroughly enjoyed it. We then headed to Space Mountain, did some more trick or treating, then had to head to Cosmic Ray’s café as DS wanted chips! It was still very busy, and about 10.30 PM at this time, it always amazes me how people can eat so much so late at night!

We never took advantage of the free photo with MNSSHP entry, but the 1st photo I will post is of Cinderalla’s carriage in Fantasyland, where a Disney photographer was taking pics of your kids in front of the carriage. We would have loved to get our DD taken like this with a princess costume on when she was younger. We have said if we are ever blessed with grandchildren we will definitely be taking them to Mickey’s Halloween Party, it is a fantastic event for young children, and I thought great value at $35 each plus tax.

We managed to leave the park before the 2nd 10 PM parade reached Main Street and headed back to the villa, planning for a long lie the next day.

I have posted one photo on this thread, and have 30 others of MNSSHP, so will post them on 3 other threads. They have all been downsized so hopefully the pages will not take too long to load, should be OK with broadband.
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 05, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 05, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Sounds like a great time was had by all, u certainly got better weather than us for the party, pity u never took them up on free photo
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 05, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
What a brilliant night. The photos are lovely
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 05, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds like you had a good evening. Definately better weather than we had for MNSHP.

Dawn
Old 25 Jul 06, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
michelle_s
Getting Excited

This is a fantastic night. We absolutely loved it. We agreed that we would dress up next time, you really are the odd ones out if you don't. We enjoyed the parade so much that we stayed for both of them, and the fireworks were amazing. We will definately go again - fab night!