Notices

Old 29 Sep 13, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Snow White Gsy and her Prince - cheeky Annual Pass trip

Hey everyone,

I know I haven't finished my trippie from our wedding yet (sorry ) but thought it was about time I got my pre trippie started before our hol in Nov!

Cast -

Me - Laura 27, huge disney fan! I am so excited to be able to see Disney in all it's xmas glory!

Husband - Matt 26, fast becoming a big disney fan!

Here is a pic of us at our wedding earlier this year

Soo... this trip was never planned. With our wedding package with Disney weddings you get free annual paases for the bride and groom. Someone from my work went to disney over xmas and new year and I thought to myself how amazing would it be to see all the xmas lights. I am a huge fan of disney and xmas so seeing all the lights at disney would be my ultimate holiday! I randomly decided to go online and look at the cost of holidays around nov/dec time and I was surprised at how reasonable they were. I cheekily mentioned it to Matt and he was really excited about the idea and as they say the rest is history...

We would not normally have two large holidays in one year and I doubt this will ever happen again, but seeing as I can't take more than 5 days holiday between Jan and May (I'm an auditor so this is our busy season) there was no other time to make the most of our annual passes. We considered going later in May for our one year anniversary but the passes would have ran out. I got special consideration to go this year due to our wedding but I had to make sure it was near the end of busy season.

Thanks to my parents for paying for most of our wedding we have been able to afford this trip - thanks mum and dad! It will be strange going without them, they are both very jealous.

We are going from 23 Nov - 7 Dec. I unfortunately got the date of Thanksgiving wrong, so the first week will be busy, but I think I have managed to to work around it with our plans.

All our ADRs are booked and all our days are planned

So excited! Not long now!
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 13, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Our plans - Sat 23rd Nov - Travel Day 1

We leave Guernsey on the 'red eye' flight to Gatwick on 23rd Nov on one of these

My friends from uni always complain about how small the planes are but they have never been on one of these!

This is Joey

Guernsey is prone to fog at the airport so we thought getting the earliest flight the day before was the safest option. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza over night. As with all previous trips we will be heading into Crawley for some shopping so I can get my dose of UK shops.

We will definitely not be eating in the hotel for our evening meal after our bad experience in May There is a TGIs near by so we are going to try and eat there.
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 13, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Sounds fab I have been twice over the Christmas period and it was amazing!
Old 2 Oct 13, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Aww, you look absolutely beautiful on your wedding day Congratulations!

I'm sure you'll love it at Christmas time, the decorations are so beautiful
Yorkie Girl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 13, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
Sounds fab I have been twice over the Christmas period and it was amazing!
Glad other people love this period too! Congrats on your little girl, exciting! Just seen your countdown

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
Aww, you look absolutely beautiful on your wedding day Congratulations!

I'm sure you'll love it at Christmas time, the decorations are so beautiful
Thanks! slowly getting my trip report done, will put up lots of photos of our wedding. I can't wait to see all the decorations!
Old 2 Oct 13, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Sun 24th Nov - Travel Day 2

Today we fly out of Gatwick to Florida Our flight was originally the 1ish in the afternoon flight but they have changed us to the early 11ish one which also keeps changing by 5 mins! We keep getting emails about changes. Hope they don't cancel it all together! Our flight home has also changed to the earlier one

When I was in Florida in May, I got this amazing hoodie at downtown Disney and I'm going to wear it on the plane over. I'm sure Matt will wear his Disney plane top again that he made.

No premium economy this time but we are up in the bubble.

We are staying at Buena Vista Palace and Spa opposite downtown Disney again. We are doing a Virgin holidays deal for 12 nights.

Once we are there and changed into something cooler we will be heading straight out to downtown Disney to have an Eos and wander round World of Disney and the xmas shop, EXCITED!
Old 2 Oct 13, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Hi

Loving your pre trippy and your wedding was just beautiful!

I lived in guernsey for about 7 months as a work placement when I was at uni and people always have no idea where I am talking about so it's fab to see someone from guernsey oh and I have been on the tiny planes, so cute I loved the guernsey airport!

Anyway just wanted to say hi and I a, so jealous hope you have a Fantastic time

Gemma xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 13, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mon 25 Nov

Today we are planning on heading to MK. I'm glad we are heading straight into the magic on the first day

The rides we def want to go on are Big Thunder Mountain, Small World, Little Mermaid, Carousel of Progress, the tea cups and the cars. Matt isn't good on the tea cups after eating so this will have to be a before lunch or snack one.

We want to head for an early lunch and beat the rush at Pinocchio's. We love the BBQ chicken flatbreads

We have an ADR at Boma at AKL tonight. We loved this place in May. It was a last minute addition to our honeymoon ADR list but it was one of the first booked this time round. Cant wait to go back there. I recommend it for people who like to try something new and different. Loved the Mulligatawny soup!

I think this will be a great first day!
Old 2 Oct 13, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Hi

Loving your pre trippy and your wedding was just beautiful!

I lived in guernsey for about 7 months as a work placement when I was at uni and people always have no idea where I am talking about so it's fab to see someone from guernsey oh and I have been on the tiny planes, so cute I loved the guernsey airport!

Anyway just wanted to say hi and I a, so jealous hope you have a Fantastic time

Gemma xx
Hi

Thanks for reading! Where did you work and stay when you were in Guernsey? Nice to meet someone else that has spent some time here. I have met one other person on here who lived in Guernsey.

I just read some of your pre trippy! Not long to go! are you super excited?! Im sure M will love it when he is there. My parents (both 55) love Disney. My dad is a huge fan! xx
Old 2 Oct 13, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Love your wedding pic..I too am a Disney bride from way back (2000) I was supposed to take a day trip during my flying training from Bournemouth to Guernsey but as you say the fog put a stop to that! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip