Guidebook Photos: 8
Bel13ve -Getting there!

Bel13ve, In the magic!
OR ...and Bruce came too

Previous here

Thank you for reading so far

TRAVEL DAY
Words rather than pics today
We were awake before the alarm sounded at 5.45, and caught the 6.20 Hoppa bus.

Checked in, through security and sorted rather quickly even sat down for a Starbucks coffee and breakfast baguette - nothing could go wrong...

Famous last words:angry::angry:

I took a moment to look at the boarding cards, whilst everyone was buying all those magazines that we will never see for weeks yet we never buy anyway!
The boarding cards were worse than the magazines

Despite the fact that I had 'reserved' the seats through United for some months before, they saw fit to change just one of the four seats as we checked in
So instead of sitting together I was cast 6 rows further back in between two other blokes who were equally glad to see me sitting in between them

The conversation went like this

there was none, sweaty American guy to my right got his laptop out and shared his sharp elbows to ensure he had at least a qurster of my seat too.
Guy to my left understood and did my preferred window hugging to create space.
Was the longest flight of my life - DW and the kids were fine though

Still think they should have shared the smell and sharp elbows of my good friend to my right - an early teambuilding exercise on a month away would surely have added to their holiday

So what did I see...

DW talking happily to the person who had robbed my seat:angry:

What did I watch...

as many seat back films that United could offer - Ferris Buller and Pretty in Pink were just not enough 80's! so I also watched Rattle and Hum by U2.
By the time we arrive in Newark I will suddenly return to my teens!
For the sake of my family I hope not

As I was submerged in John Hughes Films and 80's nostalgia my DW spoke to the person who robbed my seat! She booked in after us, so my ire is now with United!

A wonderful lady from New Jersey who was returning to the USA, having been there just to see Springsteen in Cardiff and then Leeds!

Yes that will be the same Leeds that is only 60 miles from my house and one that was an impossible gig to attend due to holiiday, but one which was the hottest ticket I have ever seen. This was a clue to future holiday experiences!

Newark was a breath of fresh air - literally!

Great airport , lots to see and do. Immigration was quick friendly and remarkably easy.

Our connecting flight to Orlando started like this

Super touch by the flight crew and as a result the excitement grew even more - Orlando here we come...

Now word to those who look to fill a couple of mins on a plane, flightdeck!
You can share the words from Air Traffic control to your plane, wonderful and a really relaxing way to spend your flight

It was for us until 20 mins out of Orlando where a huge thunderstorm resulted in some rather scarey things being said

When you hear ATC mention the tornado word, with the plane you are on jolting up and down and struggling for a bit of air stability and seeing a lot of electrical activity in the atmosphere there are times you are glad to hear a pilot state he wants to get the plane on the ground (Rather than a divert to Tampa! )

The airport shut for a time shortly after we landed and baggage handlers were not allowed to work as there was such a close proximity to the lightning.

We waited about 20 mins in the baggage hall, but two of our bags had actuall y gone on the earlier Newark flight, so were waiting for us!

Hertz Gold - resulted in a pick up a the garage, which then required a credit card update. IT gave them time to find us a car which can only be described as worn in!
I know some of us like to hire a brand new model etc, have experienced this so many times in the past but have got to admit if a car had a few bumps and bruises - I take a pic expect the car hire company to be aware and then feel as if I am not going to be the one who puts a dent in the thing!

Thing is The car we got was a Virginia plate ( DS took a couple of corrections on this on, the joy of phonics!)
and it had a satellite radio.
Radio should not have any impact on our holiday,as Ipod and long list of playlists should keep us well entertained

So. as we headed to Hilton Grand vacations Suites at Seaworld on a route chosen by the Sat Nav. it would appear a little impolite to see what was on the radio!

one button pressed and channel 23 -E Street Radio and Bruce was with us !

'Something in the Night' was a fitting start to the trip, think there may need to be a Bruce song of the day though in upcoming report days!

Our Dodge Journey landed in a super resort, easily checked in with a nice room and as time was pressing we headed for Dennys for some food.
We were tired, past eating( even the nacho plate!) however the restaurant had an old railway poster from the 20's /30's visit Scarborough!
With no phone or camera it is a somewhat unrecorded surreal experience that having travelled so far in one day you find a picture of what is home staring you in the face in your place of magic!
It became more a reminder of how tired we were and resulted in tiredness and sleep hitting us quickly.

Silly o' clock day to follow!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 265.jpg
Views:	5184
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	51563   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 271.jpg
Views:	5164
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	51564  

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:35 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 13, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Must have been really annoying to be sat away from your family but at least you are now in Orlando
Old 14 Oct 13, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Enjoying your trippie, look forward to reading more. How long did you go away for?
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 13, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

What a nightmare sitting on your own on the fight (will be double checking our boarding passing now before we leave the desk).
Good read, i love travel days!
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 13, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 13, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Argh have to admit I did chuckle at your intimate "American sandwich" experience on United! But I guess it is a small price to pay for some bargain flights...love the pic in the cockpit.

So what did you think of Hgv at sw? How long did you stay there?
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 13, 04:47 AM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Shame you had to sit away from your family Great experience for the boys to go up to the cockpit.
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 13, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Wonder why they thought to move you . Think my boys would love the cockpit experience

Dee
Xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 13, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love reading about travel days, you can always feel the excitement coming through.

Looking forward to reading all about your trip.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 13, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah what a shame you didnt get to sit with your family! Cool pic of your boys in the cockpit
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List