Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Oct 13, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Making magical memories Day 2

Day at Sea

We woke (Jonny was STILL asleep) to an announcement to say that we were going slightly different route due to the mistral, we hoped that it wouldn’t be too windy! It was Sunday so brunch was being served, perhaps we should have laid in, but we are not really like that, Oli and Chris are up early EVERY morning! So 4 of us went to Lumieres for breakfast. Oh the decisions! There are simply loads of options, and we had to get our heads round the lunch type options as well. I think we all had fruit and eggs, lovely and the choc twirly pastries were divine.

Once we had stirred Jonny and fetched him a plate of donuts and pastries from topsiders, he joined the land of the living! Turns out he had woken about 11.30, gone outside, realised it was dark and we were moving and gone back to bed! If only sleeping were so easy!

We had been fortunate in that one of our lovely fish extender group had already left an autograph book. So we were off to explore the ship. We also dropped a few fish extender gifts off for ourselves. I’ll include a couple of pics of our doors, not as good as some of the masterpieces found on the Dibb, but certainly made ours more fun than many.

[

So the rest of the day was spent with a mixture of …..Lots of sea watching ….. Some shuffleboard, some watched planes, character drawing, bingo and sitting around in the sunshine!

When we have been to WDW our favourite family activity has been the drawing class in DHS. So this was lovely to find. They don’t have light boxes, but to see how these characters can be drawn by people, who frankly cannot draw, is great fun. Here is the best of today! Except it has gone missing, I will return it when I can find it! Meanwhile stitch!

The bingo was fun for a short while, not that I will do it again! I hadn’t realised how you play, but up for anything, Oli wanted a go, so we did. It’s expensive! We paid for the family strips, which meant that we had two machines and one lot of paper numbers. They did try and make it silly, but basically we had to get four separate lines. The machines do it all for you, they fill in in and so you cannot pay any attention to it and still win! The only thing you have to do is to shout when you get a line. Even then if you get a line at the same time as another you share the prize and don’t have to be the first to call! They said there would be lots of freebies, well there were about 4. One of which we got, as the caller made a comment about having a birthday on a ##th. Well the date matched Chris’ although the month was different. Chris though is not shy and whooped loudly. One of the ‘lovely assistant CM’s) thought that was very funny and we were soon the proud (?) owners of a bingo ball lip balm. It was something I’ve done once. Ticked off the list, and slightly tense the last line as we got to stand as only one number was needed!

Tonight was formal night, which I was looking forward to, but as you will have gathered, is not really my boys’ thing. I was just hoping we could get out of our room looking presentable, but more importantly calm. Jonny had not yet eaten a sit down meal on board, and he was not looking forward to eating with ‘another family’. So a few pics before we go ... you can see a silly mood had overtaken some of us!

Edited at 08:06 PM.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 13, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Well I am pleased to report that we actually managed and good fun was had by all! What shocked me most was that as we walked into the atrium there were lots of people around, and photographers set up all over the place. Jonny walked up to one of them with a very short queue and got in there and was ready for a group shot! Well the background is not to my liking, but that is not considered as we are all there and almost all in good moods for semi presentable photos! Hoorah! (For those of you that saw my do I or don’t I buy a photo package question before we went will know that in my head the package was then bought in my head at least!)

We felt that we let our side of the table down as the others had dressed up!

Our servers Gede and Carlos were looking very smart too!

The food was great, Oli was not sure whether to be a child or adult, but was mostly tired, which meant we had to jolly him through. A point to note if you are easily dismayed as Chris was (not saying he was that dismayed , he just loves duck!) … last night he had decided not to have duck for every course (his favourite!) and it was not to be seen ever again.

It was nice to see people very dressed up, but we didn’t feel under dressed either. We were impressed that Carlos could just arrive with a tray of drinks sorted so quickly! So began a competition between him and Chris – could Chris empty a ginger beer faster than it took Carlos to go and replace it! Total in the end was about 5 for tonight, but one of those was tipped right down Chris’ leg – oops. We did laugh A LOT!

After dinner, we went and watched the sun go down! It was very serene for about 3 minutes and 45 seconds ...

Oli was very tired tonight, so Chris took the older boys to see the show, while Oli and I had time in our room. We watched it on the TV and by the time it was finished he was ready to sleep. The boys said it was good.

The other discovery of the day that has just occurred to me was the secret deck 7 – a small deck that had practically nobody on it all cruise. I believe it has gone now in the refit. Perfect spot for some sunshine and peace and quiet!

Edited at 08:11 PM.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Great photos, and love the Stitch drawing :-)
Old 19 Oct 13, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
I've got a whole collection of drawings that I now have no idea what to do with! Fun to do though!
Old 19 Oct 13, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by caj View Post
I've got a whole collection of drawings that I now have no idea what to do with! Fun to do though!

Can't wait to have a go on our cruise next yr - failed my art o level many yrs ago, so will have to see if my non-existent drawing skills have improved over the years

Lovely family photo too.
Old 19 Oct 13, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The drinks story matches up Caroline

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lillie View Post

Can't wait to have a go on our cruise next yr - failed my art o level many yrs ago, so will have to see if my non-existent drawing skills have improved over the years

Lovely family photo too.
You don't have to be able to draw, that's the beauty of it! It's more like drawing by numbers! They go step by step. I'll try and scan some in once I've finished this.
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Originally Posted by truesdpr View Post
The drinks story matches up Caroline

Pam.
Which the ginger beer or wine glass recycling?
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread