Old 21 Oct 13, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

The Three Amigos Hit Florida - Travel Day

Sunday 7th October 2012 - Travel day

The day had finally arrived ...

IMG_0972 by clarithy88, on Flickr

At 2.58 AM Laura asked me "Why is it not 5? " so we weren't really sleeping as we were to excited for the day to unfold.

The alarm went of at 5AM! The first task of the day was for me to remove the spider from the bath before Laura could go in to the bathroom!

I went along to reception to get a hairdryer but there wasn't any! i went along a few times and they didn't have any. Very Annoying. i ended up just having a shower and not washing my hair.

DSCN0070 by clarithy88, on Flickr

Our friend gave us the tiaras so would be rude not to wear them!

Taxi arrived at 6AM and was again £7 all together and we shared it with 2 ladies who where heading to Benidorm. We arrived at Terminal 2 at 6.15AM and had our boarding passes by 6.35AM. We just headed up to security and got through pretty quickly. Always one person beeps and this time it was me.

DSCN0072 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0073 by clarithy88, on Flickr

Laura has an AMEX so we got into the lounge free! we headed to the style lounge but it was full but we got into the escape lounge, singapore suite at around 7AM.

IMG_0989 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0075 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0076 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0082 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0084 by clarithy88, on Flickr

i had a cinnamon pastry, fruit, cheese and a coffee. Laura had fruit, toast and orange juice. Ben had a cinnamon pastry, orange juice and a coffee. Everything was lovely, couldn't complain. We also got free wifi which was great. I am sure i did some dibbling.

IMG_0987 by clarithy88, on Flickr

IMG_0988 by clarithy88, on Flickr
After that settled we all had a much needed Malibu and orange juice to get is in the holiday spirit.

We headed to duty free for some shopping.

DSCN0134 by clarithy88, on Flickr

I bought some Mac and Estee Lauder and Laura bought some Malibu.

We got to board at 8.40 and by 9 we were sitting on the plane with a glass of sparkling wine.

DSCN0088 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0090 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0091 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0095 by clarithy88, on Flickr

We upgraded to premium with Thomson and we were sat in seats 4 A,B and C. The plane taxied at 9.15 and we took of at 9.45. We watched some entertainment New Girl and Modern family. At 10.35 we had a drink, i had a vodka and diet coke and Laura had a Malibu and orange.

DSCN0096 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0110 by clarithy88, on Flickr

Lunch came round at 11.45. We all had the beef stroganoff but the other choices were tarragon chicken or veg chilli. We all had another drink at 3.20 - vodkas all round.

We landed at 1.55 local time. As we were in premium we were first of the plane and straight into immigration. There was not a soul in front of us. We got straight through. We were at the luggage carousel at 2.15, 20 mins after we landed. Fantastic.

We had transfers from Sanford to HRH arranged and we waited 10 mins for it to arrive. Then we were off. No hiccups whats so ever.

We had two friends who had come out a week before us, so we text them and arranged to meet up later for tea.

We arrived at HRH at 3.15 and we headed up to our room. We went for a club level room for 2 nights. The room was fab! i had never been to HRH but Laura had stayed there for 2 weeks a few years back.

DSCN0119 by clarithy88, on Flickr
The view from our window

DSCN0120 by clarithy88, on Flickr

Edited at 06:25 PM.
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 13, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

DSCN0140 by clarithy88, on Flickr

We headed of to IoA and went on the hulk. It was a 35 min wait but 10mins with our fast pass. Then onto Laura's fav spider man standby 25 mins, we waited 5 mins.

DSCN0122 by clarithy88, on Flickr
on the way to IoA

We then started to get hungry and was about time to meet Ellen and Andrew so we headed to city walk. We were planning on going to Hard Rock Cafe then Laura realised so forgot her phone so she nipped back to the hotel so she could get in touch with our friends. When she arrived back she said Andrew and Ellen would be half an hour so we decided to go to Margaritaville for nachos to share.

DSCN0125 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0126 by clarithy88, on Flickr
We headed back to HRC to met with the others, we were there before them and waited another 20 mins or so for them to turn up.

DSCN0128 by clarithy88, on Flickr
Ellen arrived mid photo

We went in to HRC with them. They had the combo starter to share and me,Laura and Ben all had a Pina colada in keeper glasses.

DSCN0131 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0130 by clarithy88, on Flickr

DSCN0129 by clarithy88, on Flickr

After that we all said our goodbyes. We headed back to HRH and Ellen and Andrew headed back to International Drive. We thought we would check out the evening desserts on offer at the hotel. We had some cookies and ice cream before we called it a night.

Edited at 06:48 PM.
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 13, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good travel day
Old 21 Oct 13, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Good travel day
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 13, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great travel day
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 14, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Always love reading travel day! Gets me so excited. Great start

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 14, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Great day.x
Old 1 Jun 14, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for reading
Old 1 Jun 14, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Bit jealous of your travel day - premium, airport lounge and drinks then club level, lovely

Looking forward to more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 14, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Yeah, it worked out well. Not next time tho ach well as long as you get there I suppose.