Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Oct 13, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Snow White Gsy gets her Prince – Wedding day :)

This report is probably going to be in quite a few instalments and there will be A LOT of photos as I have so many favourites that I want to share.

Index of previous days can be found here Index

(report currently in posts 1,2, 39, 43, 53, 62, 73, 76, 83, 96, 98, 112, 113, 143, 144, 145 and 152)
Links to posts within this report -

Pre wedding - Matt

Limo challenge

Arriving at the wedding pavilion

Walking down the aisle

Wedding ceremony

Family photos

Photos inside the wedding pavilion

Photos outside the Wedding Pavilion

Cake cutting and surprise guests

Fun with Minnie and Mickey (in posts 112 and 113)

Reception

Magic Kingdom

Final thoughts and fav photos

Guernsey Celebrations

Well today is the day! After two years of planning, Wednesday 22 May 2013 had finally arrived. At 12pm we would be getting married nearly two years exactly from getting engaged.

My alarm was set for half six but I woke up a bit earlier. I opened the card that Matt had left for me. We had swapped cards last night before he had left. I love how he got a card to match our wedding theme.

I then went to look out the window to check the weather and was greeted by sunshine! The weather said it was meant to stay fine until mid-afternoon so fingers crossed!

I went for a shower and sorted myself out and the room before Karen came over in time for our hair and makeup with Beaute Speciale. Karen informed me that this was her second trip over as she was nearly here when she remembered she needed her bridesmaids dress hehe.

Karen had her hair done first as mine drops very easily so I started with makeup. The girls were just as lovely as the first time. I decided not to have the dark eye shadow go as far up on my eyes this time so it looked a little softer and she used my own mascara this time as hers had irritated my eyes when I took it off. They were all surprised at how calm I was. I really didn’t feel stressed or nervous or anything at this point really.

My parents came in during our hair and makeup to bring my dress down and my dad took some photos. He made a cheeky comment to Karen about how she looked and the hair dresser thought she wasn’t doing a good job with Karen’s hair, ops! Hehe, typical dad! Lauren left me with some makeup bits to touch up if needed.

After our hair and makeup was done, Karen presented me with a photo album from my hen party from all the girls who had gone they had all sent their photos to her. It was such a lovely touch. Also below you will see a cork with a 50p in it. This was from my hen party also to bring me luck. My friend Laura put the 50p in.

Randy arrived 15 minutes early. Karen was helping me put the stickers on the bottom of my shoes. Randy said that he had always wondered how brides did that.

I just have to say how lovely Randy is! He took an interest in everything and put everyone at ease. As Karen was getting ready he took photos of my dress and my jewellery etc. He later told Matt that I seemed completely obsessed with Disney with my ‘I do’ stickers, Disney phone covers and wedding ears etc. I’d say I was only an ickle bit…….. hehe

My mum lent me her garter from her wedding as my something borrowed, old and blue. I classed my dress as new.

One side of the bow has my single name initials ‘LEB’ and the other side has ‘LET’ my married initials

The back of my dress

Matt’s hat. We got all our photos in colour and black and white. We have a huge photo frame in our house with all black and white ones in it as it goes with our décor.

continued below...

Edited at 05:50 PM.
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 13, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

My friend Trevlyn gave me a wedding angel that is supposed to take away your butterflies. I later put it on my bouquet along with a locket in which I put a photo of my Grandma and Grandad who could not travel over :’( (you will see photos later of both of these but you can make out the angel in one of the photos above)

From the bathroom came a shout of ‘yes it fits! ’ from Karen. That had me and Randy in stitches. Karen had her dress altered quite a while before the wedding and she was worried that her ten days in the Keys would impact her fitting into the dress.

Randy wanted to get some shots of Karen buttoning me into my dress so he went off while Karen helped me into most of the dress and then called Randy back. Karen and I are definitely close now she has helped me into my dress hehe (she helped me into it again at our wedding reception in Gsy)

Once I was dressed Randy started to take some snaps and my parents came down to meet us before we went to wait for the limo. Randy left soon after my parents arrived to go and get some photos of Matt at the Wedding Pavilion and to catch me arriving.

I ended up going for simple jewellery – diamond studs and a single diamond necklace. I don’t really like things on my wrist so no watch or bracelet.

My dad took some photos after he had left. Randy and dad discussed cameras and lenses before he left as my dad is into photography. My dad said later that he didn’t feel he needed to get his camera out as Randy knew what he was doing and he wasn’t worried which put me at ease. I think my dad had been worried as we had planned this wedding and the photographer from Gsy so we couldn’t visit Randy etc.

To be continued...

Edited at 07:47 PM.
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 13, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
You look so very elegant and glamorous
Your wedding morning seemed very laid back and calm, and I can hardly wait for the next installment
Old 27 Oct 13, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

You look beautiful and very relaxed. Looking forward to the next instalment.
Old 27 Oct 13, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
You look lovely! I love your coat hanger!
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 13, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Love all the pics so far... you look so calm
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 13, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Simply stunning, your dress is beautiful, love all your photos.
Can't wait to read more.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 13, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Fantastic you look beautiful.x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 13, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Amazing pictures, and a lovely write up. Can't wait for the next instalment!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 13, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
laalaa
Very Serious Dibber

Stunning!