°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The grand guest arrival (14/11/13)

Our friends are due to arrive at tea time so we spend an hour or so collecting up the toys, hoovering and getting some washing done.

The boys have been promised their build your own light sabers so we head to DTD once upon a toy to make these, there seems to be no-one in the shop to help us out so we're left to figure it out for ourselves. $21.95 for single sided. From here it's off to the earl of sandwich for brunch and dh and I both get the holiday turkey sandwich and the boys the kids pizza sandwiches, there are quite a few British accents in here this morning and although I have my dibb lanyard on I get no strange looks

Then it's across to the art if animation resort for a mini photo shoot. We love the look of this resort and did yet to get 1 night here for Niall's birthday but only the more expensive suites were available and at $300+ a night so we gave it a miss. We spend a while wandering round and the boys love the characters and posing. We leave and head off to Walmart to stock up on water, fruit and loo roll and another birthday cake as our friends have just 'not' celebrated their birthdays, so they're getting one here!

Our guests arrive ... Fanfare please, it's Irishrover and family (Bren, Paul and Georgia)
and after starting on the alcohol the kids are asking for food so we head just 2 mins down the road to Outback. We order JD, bud light, a trio of Rita's
and soft drinks for the light weighs aka the driver and the kids.
We order a blummin onion $7.29
and spinach and artichoke dip 7.99 to start. And the diablo medallions 9.99 - Bren's cut is tiny, literally like a kids meal
Outback special steak 16.99
New York strip 22.99
Aged cheddar bacon burger 9.99
isn't cooked right and is far too pink for my liking, I just can't eat it at all and then the fries are too heavily seasoned too, so I eat very little and just make do with my Rita's.
And the kids order cheeseburger, chicken fingers and ribs.
Total bill for 7 of us is $145.59 and quite honestly the worst meal I've had since arriving.

We go straight back home and get the kids into bed as Georgia was falling asleep during tea. Closely followed by her parents but they've been up for about 22 hours now so they're excused and we're not night owls anyway
Old 15 Nov 13, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Shame about the meal, but great to have friends with you. Hopefully irishrover can have a more relaxed trip than February!
Really enjoying your updates, thanks for sharing x
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing! Great you have friends there what's the temperature like there at the moment?
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Sorry to here that meal wasn't great, we had a fantastic meal at the one opposite premium outlets 2wks ago, ordered blooming onion, it came after less than 10 mins then the manager came to apologise for the wait and said it was on the house, we were gobsmacked. It was yummy and so was everything else. Hope you have better meals for the rest of your hol.
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Yeh, I was right hope you all have a fabulous time
Old 15 Nov 13, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs togs
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

:)

Your trip reports have been brilliant and you can always rely on the Irish rover for an entertaining report so a combination of the two should be fantastic.
Old 16 Nov 13, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Bet you'll have a fab time - bring on the party! Have fun guys!
Old 16 Nov 13, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Ah it's good to see Bren and co arrived safely. I know you'd have all enjoyed having a catch up but what a shame about the poor meal
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 13, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Panda
Proud to wear my Ears

Great reports so far. It is a shame about the meal. We really enjoyed our meals there last year and it was one of our favourite restaurants but went a couple of times this year and were disappointed both times. Enjoy the rest of your hols. :-)

Edited at 12:12 AM. Reason: Predictive texting spelling error!
Panda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 13, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Greay day apart from the meal, what a shame as its normally great there! x
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List