VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Five Little Ones Take the Adults - Day 2 Part 3, Downtown Disney and Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Day 2, Part 2 – Lisa’s ‘Mickey’s Grand Welcome’ is HERE

Thursday 26 September continued

Disclaimer, I have lots of photos!

We finished up with the Grand Welcome and arranged to meet outside our building at 3.45pm to walk to Downtown Disney. Phil bathed the girls then we each had showers while Marie entertained both of the girls.

We went outside to wait for everyone else.

And we waited…..

And we waited some more!

(This was a very familiar picture all holiday, either Madison or Kaley sitting talking with Marie or Dan.)

After 10 minutes or so, Dan went up to tell them we were going to start walking and let Kaley walk rather than be in the pushchair.

Stopping with Ryan to check the map to find the walkway!

I am usually an ok navigator but I really struggled with this map for some reason!

Finally we knew where we were going and made our way over the bridge and around the golf course. This is a lovely walk.

It took us a while as Kaley was walking/running/skipping but finally we were at Wolfgang Puck Café.

The others had walked very fast and were only a couple of minutes behind us.

It is very modern inside and the entrance to The Dining Room is inside near the bar.

Continued in next post.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 01:04 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 14, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from previous post.

We had to wait a few minutes whilst they sorted high chairs and then we were seated on one long table.

We were given some bread and flatbreads to start

The kids menu

The grown-ups menu

Madison and Kaley shared chicken tenders and fries

Phil and I both had the flat iron steak with fries

This was good but I ordered my steak medium which wasn’t cooked enough for me. At least it meant I now knew to order medium-well!

Madison and Kaley shared the kid’s ice cream sundae

Phil and I each had the brownie sundae. (We do get better and order different foods, I promise! :smile)

This was yummy but was so big I couldn’t finish it.

The girls liked looking out of the window at the Characters in Flight balloon

Our drinks were $3 each, the kids meal $8, the flat iron steaks $29 each, the kids sundae $5 and the brownie sundaes $9 each making a total of $95 plus tax. We used two adults and one kids table service credit and tipped $18.

We came here in 2010 and they had a macadamia crusted chicken on the menu which was delicious. We only chose to go here again as it was still showing on the menu at the time of booking our ADR's but by the time we visited, it was not on the menu. Though the food was good, I would pick somewhere different to eat next time.

We all left and took a slow walk through DTD up to Market Place.

Kaley is very independent and does not like to hold hands!

Madison and Grandad

We went in the Lego shop and looked at the duplo and Lego Friends stuff. We picked up a couple of sets for Madison’s birthday. It is getting very difficult to buy anything when she is around as she doesn’t miss anything.

We went into the World of Disney Store. I love it in here. I love all the different rooms selling the different things. I think without kids I could easily spend a couple of hours just browsing in here.

Danielle had fun!

Then Marie joined in!

I showed Madison the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique room and explained what it was. She said she would like to go in but I told her that you had to get an invitation to go there.

We decided to head back just after 7pm. We got the boat from Market Place to West Side then took the walkway back to SSR. At some point along the way we lost one of Kaley’s shoes! (She was in the pushchair, she wasn’t walking with one bare foot!) We didn’t realize until we got back to the villa. £18 worth of doodle sandals with one day’s wear, brilliant.

We were back about 7.50pm. We got the girls changed into pj’s, Kaley had her milk and they both went straight to bed.

I sat and went through the four boxes of stuff that I had ordered and had delivered to Carrie. It was mostly clothes and pj’s from Carters, some ‘Buddy’ dog teddies for Sydney (she loves dogs), t-shirts, princess teddy dolls, pj’s, Cinderella, Rapunzel and Sofia the First princess dresses for the girls birthday, all from the US Disney Store, some sandals Dan had ordered from Aldo and I had ordered the Passporter Cruise Line book. It was fun going through this but I didn’t take pictures, sorry. Most of the purchases were birthday presents.

I took the stuff I had ordered for the others to their villa and came back and watched a bit of TV before going to bed around 10pm.

Bonus picture from earlier in the day. I have no idea what Madison and Sydney are talking about!

Day 3, part 1 Swimming at SSR and DTD is HERE

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Edited at 01:09 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 14, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Edited at 01:10 PM.
Old 4 Jan 14, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
calongwag
Excited about Disney

thanks again, I am really loving reading your trip report also thanks for posting the menu/prices e.t.c. that's really helpful to see. One thing though, on the menu there's a number by each item, what is that? I'm assuming it's not the cost because there's no dollar sign next to it? x
calongwag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 14, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by calongwag View Post
thanks again, I am really loving reading your trip report also thanks for posting the menu/prices e.t.c. that's really helpful to see. One thing though, on the menu there's a number by each item, what is that? I'm assuming it's not the cost because there's no dollar sign next to it? x
Thank you. It is the cost next to each item. I think being a modern restaurant they just don't put the dollar sign on.

Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
Lovely report. We are considering visiting some of the resorts next trip and your excellent photos clearly show the wonderful walk from/to DTD. Looking forward to the rest.

G
We loved looking around the resorts, some of them really are stunning. The walk was really nice. I have read that the Congress Park area to Market Place walkway has just re-opened too.

Thank you.

Old 4 Jan 14, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Great end to the day - we loved being so close to Downtown Disney when we stayed at SSR. Dinner looks yummy, just a shame your steak was a bit underdone.

That sucks about Kayley's shoes We somehow came home without Alex's watershoes in 2012, which was a bit annoying (not as expensive as doodle sandals obviously).

You have lots of wonderful photos! Looking forward to day 3 and hearing what you made of MNSSHP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 14, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JakesArmy
Very Serious Dibber

Really enjoying your trip report. Looks like you've put so much time and planning into the trip so far, your Mickey welcome was amazing! Looking forward to reading more
JakesArmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 14, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Great end to the day - we loved being so close to Downtown Disney when we stayed at SSR. Dinner looks yummy, just a shame your steak was a bit underdone.

That sucks about Kayley's shoes We somehow came home without Alex's watershoes in 2012, which was a bit annoying (not as expensive as doodle sandals obviously).

You have lots of wonderful photos! Looking forward to day 3 and hearing what you made of MNSSHP.
I love DTD so being able to walk there was great. At least I learned straight away about the steak!

The shoes were so annoying - and she had so many clothes that went with them!

I have got some of day 3 written, will work on having the first part up this week.

Originally Posted by JakesArmy View Post
Really enjoying your trip report. Looks like you've put so much time and planning into the trip so far, your Mickey welcome was amazing! Looking forward to reading more
Thank you for reading and commenting.

We did put lots of planning in, maybe a little bit too much sometimes!

Old 7 Jan 14, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a lovely end to the day. Did you ever find the shoes? So nice to be able to walk to DTD . Loving the pics in the stores !
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
What a lovely end to the day. Did you ever find the shoes? So nice to be able to walk to DTD . Loving the pics in the stores !
No we didn't. Mum and Dad and some of the others had walked home and didn't see it and they contacted lost and found but it never turned up there. I don't actually know where she lost it, could have been in a shop, on the boat, I have no idea!

The walk really was lovely.

Dan and Marie are really good entertainment value, Marie in particular!