Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Feb 14, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

xxSmileyKyliexx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
**It's Smiley Kylie's First trip report!**- DAY 2- ANIMAL KINGDOM & MNSSHP

Have a read of these if you haven't already done so =)

INTRODUCTION
DAY 0- TRAVEL DAY
DAY 1- UNIVERSAL STUDIOS & CELEBRATION

I was very excited today as it was our first Disney Park of the holiday! I probably would have preferred to do Magic Kingdom to start with though as I absolutely love it and it really sets in the magic for the start of the holiday! But with 4 other people to consider and the crowds being low on this day Animal Kingdom was up first. Not that I can complain, as we would be doing magic kingdom later on today for mickeys not so scary Halloween party! I was the first one up again, about 7am I think it was. We had decided the previous night that we would be eating out for breakfast today so I made do with my cup of tea leaving plenty of room for my first big brekkie of the holiday! I showered, took forever doing my hair and makeup as usual! I wish I was one of these naturally perfect girls that could leave the house with no makeup on and a quick shove up of the hair, would make my life a whole lot easier! But no I have to be one of these that has nails, tan, hair extensions/ hair accessories, etc etc meaning that getting ready each day is a long endless process! Today I wanted to go with the animal kind of theme so I decided on wearing my leopard playsuit, with a cute matching hair bow =) Yes I know what an absolute geek I am ha! I do it to make myself feel good and happy though not for anyone else =) Here I am…

It was quite funny actually as I explained in travel day that there wasn’t much space for my ridiculous amount of stuff so I had my clothes in neat little piles on the chair and floor, when I was hunting for my playsuit I saw a cockroach! I’m not really scared of creepy crawlies to be honest but I couldn’t live in that room knowing there was a cockroach on the run! Man those things are fast! I’m not kidding you I spent about half an hour chasing the blooming thing around! Imagine it, 7 in the morning wrapped in a towel whilst everyone else is sleeping chasing a cockroach around the room! I sure hope he was having more fun than me! I never did catch him either :/ So laying in bed at night afterwards I had to ensure my mouth was shut as I was convinced he’d crawl in for a peek! Anyways enough of Mr Cockroach! Everyone else soon woke up and I enlightened them to my long, probably over exaggerated cockroach chasing story, whilst they got ready I got my sex and the city fix, which I actually got really into all holiday and nabbed the boxset off of Carley when I got home! Today’s family pic…

So after a quite eventful morning for me we left at 8:50am heading to Denny’s for breakfast. I was absolutely starved and knew I loved Denny’s from previous visits so couldn’t wait! Snap happy again…

Denny’s was relatively quiet, we were seated by a booth near the window and served quickly, always a bonus when you’re itching to get to your first Disney park =)

^^ This photo really made me laugh it looks like they’re advertising for
Denny’s or something, well apart from dads divvy face!

I went for the lumberjack slam and chocolate milk. Here is the little beauty, by little I mean a gigantic plate of everything plus toast and pancakes, my god I was feeling fat when I left here!

It was soo good though, the crispy thin bacon mmm I missed that! I had another ‘Kylie’ moment when ordering, I can never remember what it’s called when they ask me how I would like my eggs, I can’t even remember now whilst typing! Sunny side up or down or something, but I kept forgetting or saying it wrong, must have asked Astrid about 10 times! I’m also a messy eater, this holiday confirmed it! I always had food on the table or down my lap or something; honestly I should wear a bib! This turnt into one of the many holiday jokes aswel, dad advised perhaps I sit closer to the table but then my boobs would be in the meal! Oh it was all such an effort ha! We paid with our kitty money and had 10% off the final bill I think as Astrid had printed off vouchers at home, so that was a bonus. We left Denny’s at 9:40am. Animal Kingdom was the closest park to our villa, Asty knew the short cut way through Sherberth Road meaning it literally only took about 10 mins to get there but also meant that we missed the ‘Walt Disney World, where dreams come true sign’ This of course upset me, sounds so geeky I know, my heart was set on seeing that sign! Astrid promised that I would see it at some point during the holiday though so I was happy with that =D We soon arrived parked up in unicorn, onto the tram, though bag check and there we were in the beautiful glorious Animal Kingdom.

Of course we stopped to have our tree of life pics.

Astrid cleverly got us in on a photopass share so we had to ensure we got lots of photos throughout the holiday! Think it cost her something like £12 for all our photos, she added on the frames and images etc, so grateful to her for doing that they turnt out lovely, thanks Asty!
We made our way round taking in the atmosphere, the defined animal kingdom smell, seeing everybody happy to be there, it was lovely! Then we spotted Doug and Russell from Up! We immediately got in line. Their location was so cute, they were in the wilderness clubhouse and the clubhouse notices were up and stuff, it was all very well themed! The line wasn’t too long either so the interaction we got was brilliant; they are really fun, I was so happy to meet them! Seeing my dad and brother hugging them seriously could have made me cry, they always tease me saying ‘Kylie you do realise these characters aren’t real don’t you’ and they usually complain about waiting to see them so to see them loving it really made my day!

We then headed to Dinoland. Being here made me think of my nephew Oliver, he is dinosaur mad, he has so many dinosaur figurines, toys, books etc he even has dinosaur wellies! He’s obsessed! He would absolutely love it here, I’ve shown him on youtube and he gets so excited bless him. I took some pictures to show him. He gasped and whispered ‘dinosaurs’ when he saw so think they were appreciated =)

We went on ‘dinosaur’ and had all discussed where the photo was taken so we could make ourselves look scared, it didn’t really work though, I think Carys was laughing and dad and Ben were looking the other way, epic fail! Ha! Was a fun ride though, amazes me how these rides are made and thought out so well, but hey that’s the magic of Disney! A lovely man took this photo of us (keep this man in your memory as he later pops up in our holiday!)

We then saw that Primevil whirl was no wait (is it ever?) so went straight onto it, I went on with dad, he is the funniest man I know and had me in stitches all the way round, he was screaming like a girl on certain bits to make it sound scary, he’s such a child! Oh dear lord I’ve just googled this ride to see some pictures and its informed me that two CM’s have died whilst working on this ride ;/ I didn’t think it was so dangerous but I guess every ride can be whilst being worked on! Poor cm’s =(

CONTINUED BELOW...

Edited at 10:06 PM.
xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 14, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

Anyways sorry to put a downer on this, just thought I’d share what I just read! Here is me and the big kid…

We had a toilet stop and I was dying for a drink it was such a hot day today, a little overcast at times but was gorgeous when the sun came through. Asty went to get fastpasses for kali river rapids so we could return between 12:15-1:15pm. Next up was expedition Everest, eeak I love love love this ride! It was only a 15 minute wait aswel but turnt out shorter so we was happy people! I first went on it in 2007 and sat with Ben, we decided that we’d sit together again like last time. I recorded us all the way round, it’s hilarious to watch, I must try and add it in later. The theming of this ride is very clever! The queue takes you through a yeti museum, where you can see lots of artefacts and interesting information written up. The ride itself, my god it goes so high! Poor Astrid, she was so brave to do this considering she is terrified of heights! It was going higher and higher (more than I remembered!) and I was thinking ok stop now hehe! I love when the train comes to a holt at the broken track (dads reaction to this in the video is so funny!) and then you just zoom backwards and see the figure of the yeti who is roaring at you, oh it’s just brilliant! I can’t rave enough about this ride, I love it!

In line excitedly waiting ^^^

Up the mountain we go =) dads divvy face again lol!

We then decided to catch the nemo musical midday showing. I had seen this in 2011 with Carley and absolutely loved it! This was new for the others. This show in my opinion is just amazing! The dancing, songs, props, backdrops, characters, bright colours, brilliant performers all telling the finding nemo story, it’s just great! I adore finding nemo and am always saying little quotes from the film. Dad compares me to Dory, being hyper; energetic, happy go lucky, gullible, always singing and accident prone, sounds about right! Watching the show actually got me a little emotional! Ha! Just the whole storyline and when they sing ‘in the big blueee wooorld’ and the ‘where’s my dad’ songs my eyes start to water! I’m such a soppy one at times! At the end when the bubbles come down too is a nice touch! The costumes are brilliant, my dad loved when Mr Ray came out with the performers on the bike and when the Nigel the massive pelican makes an appearance, this is a must do show if you visit animal kingdom! I now have ‘in the biiiig bluuuue wooorld’ stuck in my head! Apologies for the blurry pics! But you can kind of see what’s going on!

The show must have lasted about 40 minutes, it’s nice and cool in the theatre too so when we came out we really felt the heat! Lucky we were going straight to kali river rapids next. It was a 40 minute wait so we were happy to have fastpasses for this one =) We went through and were seated quite quickly. I haven’t written much about this ride in my notes, but I remember getting wet, although judging by pictures afterwards Dad and Ben got the most wet! The ride ended quite quickly I thought, I don’t think I would have been happy waiting 40 minutes for it. We decided to head home after this as we had Mickeys Halloween party to attend, so wanted to relax a bit before we went. We could always come back here at some point if we wanted. Had a few more photopass pics on the way out, note Ben and dad looking a bit wet.

SURPRRIIISE ^^^

We came back to the villa, everyone else chilled in the pool/games room whilst I decided to nap, I must have been feeling tired! And knowing we would be at the Halloween party till late, it seemed like a good idea. We had planned on going to golden corral for dinner but I think most of us were still full from our big breakfast and I needed to do my make up etc for my Halloween outfit. We popped to Supertarget for a few things instead, and Carys wanted to look for some ears for her costume. Supertarget was really close by and I’d never been to one before! OMG me and Carys were in makeup/hair product heaven! American stuff is always so much better and cheaper. But nope no time for makeup shopping today, this had to be a quick trip as we needed to get ready! Plenty of time for makeup and stuff I do not need shopping later haha! I bought a cute Disney top to wear on my birthday though for $11 absolute bargain! Cary’s couldn’t find any ears, although we did see a skin tight all in one Dalmatian outfit and joked she should wear it as I was going as Cruella De ville. Honestly though, I wouldn’t have put my worst enemy in that skin tight outfit! It would show up every lump and bump possible! Astrid nabbed a lovely black dress to wear too which you’ll see in the pictures. So we headed back and had hotdogs and chips for dinner, I really wasn’t that hungry at all so left most of it! We all went our separate ways to get into our costumes, I was so excited to get into character and dress up! Dad cleverly did my eye makeup! I’m not the most artistic when it comes to face paint and stuff so dad done it for me, what an absolute gem he is! My wig was an absolute mission to put on; I had a very glamorous wig cap to go on first which was making my whole head sweat! So attractive! I was worrying the wig would come flying off aswel so literally pinned every inch of it to my head ha! I’d bought my outfit on ebay previous to our holiday and picked up a pair of red shoes in a charity shop too, so it was just a case of putting it all on, easy peasy =) It wasn’t very expensive either. Here I am, miss Cruella De Ville eat ya heart out…

Dad and Benj were batman and robin, they looked very cool, Asty was a devil, she’d bought most of her outfit back home aswel and Carys was like a witchcraft witch lady (I think) I’m sure she’ll correct me if I’m wrong! Here they all are looking very in character…

^^^ They remind me of delboy and Rodney ha!

I was so excited for the party. I’d been once before and watched hundreds of YouTube videos on it so knew I was in for a treat! I even knew the words to the parade song… boo to you and you and you happy Halloween ha! We arrived at Magic Kingdom about 7pm. Oh yes guess what! I got to see the Disney world sign :] :] I was so happy! Such a magical moment each time you drive through!

We parked in zurg and were soon on the monorail in to my favourite park! We could see non-party goers leaving the park and then lots of dressed up people going to mickeys party. I saw a few Cruella’s aswel, of course I was the best one :P On entering the park you are given a wristband and a trick or treat bag. There are ‘welcome to mickeys not so scary Halloween party’ signs around and cute little mickey pumpkins. It’s all themed so well.

We got onto Mainstreet and my god it was busy! Like really busy, you could not move, I’d never seen it this busy before, that’ll serve us right for going on actual Halloween! I couldn’t really take in the magic of being back here in Magic Kingdom because of the crowds, during the day you can just stand on Mainstreet look at the castle and it would literally take my breath away and have me in tears because I was so happy, this was not one of them times! We tried to make the best of it though and enjoy the party. I saw a group of people dressed as Dalmatians, I could kick myself now for not getting a pic with them! They all ran away when they saw me, was all fun and games! We headed through adventureland and onto pirates of the Caribbean as there was no wait. It felt funny sat there dressed as Cruella! When we came out there was a trick or treat trail so we queued to get the first of our goodies =) The trails were easily seen as they had big pumpkin light things so when you saw one of these you know there were treats. You’re also given a map on arrival so you can see where the trails are located and show times etc. We were all quite hot and bothered by this point, I think the crowds had taken its toll on us so we popped in to Peco Bills for a drink! It was nice to sit for a minute and gather our thoughts, everything was so hectic! En route to tomorrowland we had a photopass pic.

CONTINUED BELOW...
xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 14, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

The photographer informed us that the best parade to watch would be the second one because there was going to be a special guest appearance at the end. We immediately were all intrigued and were asking him who it was, turns out it was only Michael Buble! Me, Asty and Carys were literally so excited, I don’t really know his songs but he is mighty fine to look at, what an absolute treat! Ben and dad were not so convinced that he would be there! Although we knew he had a concert in Orlando during our stay so it was a possibility. Anyway more about him later. We went onto Buzz Lightyear’s space ranger spin, was only a 10 minute wait, this photo really makes me laugh, when in a million years would you see Cruella and a witch shooting at aliens… 31/10/2013 it happened =D

We then headed to the monstrous scream-o-ween ball located in tomorowland where we partied with Sully and George Sanderson (the monster with the sock on his back). It was great fun I have a video of us all getting out groove on, dad especially! The stage was well cool aswel, all monsters inc themed.

Space Mountain was only a 10 minute wait so we went on, if you have been on before you’ll be aware that the seats are so difficult and small to get into! Me, Carys and Astrid holding onto our dresses whilst climbing in and out of the shuttle was so un ladylike! I’m sure the CM must have got a glimpse of my pants! Oh the struggle! It makes me cringe thinking of it!:/ I laughed the whole way round this ride, I’d forgotten how fast it went, I was shouting that my wig was going to come flying off and that my eyes were streaming, Benj was in absolute stitches at me! That was an experience I tell you! After this we headed to find a good spot for the Hallowishes fireworks. It was ridiculously busy on Mainstreet so this was a no go area, we headed round to the left of the castle and the others decided this would be a good spot. I however was not happy, I had stood here once before in 2011 with my cousin and I knew that the trees would block most of the fireworks! I tried to explain to the others but they didn’t seem too fussed and were happy to stay there. It wasn’t until 5 minutes before the fireworks started that a CM came out announcing that when the fireworks started we wouldn’t have the best view because of the trees! The others listened to him so we then moved along the walkway and found a good central spot in the end. Just in time for the start aswel! This was probably the first moment of the night that felt magical for me, stood still in anticipation looking at the castle waiting for the fireworks. Then they started and wow it was so magical, they had Halloween music playing and the fireworks were green and orange in colour, all Halloween inspired. I absolutely loved it! Any way I describe it and any pictures will not do it justice, if you have been you will agree.

We all whooped and applauded at the end and then the mad rush of people all moving into different directions began, some heading out of the park and others staying for the later parade. We walked left into Liberty Square and found a good spot to see the parade. It was still about 40 minutes till it began but people were getting there spots already so we just sat patiently waiting whilst eating our treats! I took this opportunity to take my heels off, they were killing me! Luckily Carys had bought them fold up pump things with her on holiday so I had nabbed them from her and claimed them for my poor old feet! Before we knew it the headless horseman was coming past, I didn’t manage to get a picture as he was too fast, it was cool to see and he got a big cheer. Soon enough the boo-to-you parade began. Seeing all the different floats and characters and Halloween themed performances was brilliant, the parade I had watched so many times on YouTube was now a reality in front of me and I was loving every moment! The highlight for me was when Cruella came along, I honestly could have cried! She must have got a glimpse me and came right over waving and saying ‘hello darlingg’ I was like a big child waving and smiling right back at her, I was so chuffed! So the parade was coming to an end, we were waiting to see if Mr Buble would be making an appearance…. He was not! Our photopass man had well and truly tricked us! I should have known! But I am so gullible I actually thought he would be there on the last float or something haha! Silly meee!

After the parade we mooched on over to get more treats and then onto splash mountain which was only a 10 minute wait. I’d forgotten how long this ride is; I really loved it and had never ridden it in the night. There were parts of this ride that looked so rude though (does anybody else notice this?) and I had the giggles on the way round, and the song sounds like ‘how do you dooo, pretty good, show us your balls’ It did make me chuckle!

I was a little disappointed as I was hoping to catch the 11:15pm villains dance mix and mingle show, I wanted to meet Cruella and have my picture with her but nope it wasn’t meant to be :[ We took advantage of the no wait on thunder mountain. I sat on my own as we are an odd number and the others were paired up, I was literally sliding all over the place on here, I must have had bruises, was funny though! We then decided to round off the party we would go on haunted mansion. It was a 15 minute wait which we didn’t mind, and it was a must do for Halloween! I went on with dad and ben, a bit of advice… 3 people in the carriage thing is a squeeze! If you can help it split your party up, unless you’re 3 really thin people. I was so uncomfortable but it didn’t stop me from enjoying the ride. It’s great! I can never get over how clever this ride is, there’s so much detail! We spotted the hidden mickey on the table too :] We left magic kingdom just after midnight, took the ferry back and arrived home about 1am. I must have looked a right grumpy moo, I was shattered, my contact lenses were dry and I was all hot and sweaty. I was falling asleep in the car on the way home.

To some up the party, I really did enjoy it! However, next time I don’t think I’d book on Halloween and I’d get there from about 4pm to enjoy all the attractions. I was a little gutted to have not met any characters in their Halloween costumes. I also really wanted to meet the dwarves but can’t expect the others to queue for so long! Me and Carley are back this year over Halloween and I am determined to meet the dwarves! Carley’s very much like me and we would queue to see characters no matter how long it took! I was also a little disappointed that we didn’t explore the new fantasyland more, but with the crowds like they were it was difficult! On the plus side we each came home with lots of candy and the memories of the parade and Hallowishes which were truly spectacular! And we danced with sully which was a lot of fun. It was a great Halloween and we were treated well, and tricked! Ha!

It took me forever to wipe off my makeup when we got back, but the relief I felt when I removed that wig was the best feeling ever! It gets so hot under that thing! I wrote my notes (don’t know how I managed it as I was so tired!) I was in bed at 1:40am and probably fell asleep immediately, forgetting there was a cockroach on the loose!

Tomorrow is a chill day, needed I think! We go shopping and to Olive Garden for my first time.

I can’t put dads quote/joke of the day as it’s rude and inappropriate ha! Typical of my dad!

Until then
Old 7 Feb 14, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another brilliant day !
You looked amazing as Cruella - can't believe your dad did your make -up - it looked fantastic !
Imagine if Michael Buble was there !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 14, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
parky23
Excited about Disney

Another great report
You looked great by the way your reports have made me laugh everytime haha 😂😂
When and where you staying when you go again
I'm there with my 16 year old son in October we are flying out on the 25 for 2 weeks
parky23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 14, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another brilliant read.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 14, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Helen0705 View Post
Another brilliant day !
You looked amazing as Cruella - can't believe your dad did your make -up - it looked fantastic !
Imagine if Michael Buble was there !
Ah thanks I know i was well impressed with him! Good old daddy! Oh god they would have probably needed security if he was Thanks for reading x
Old 9 Feb 14, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by parky23 View Post
Another great report
You looked great by the way your reports have made me laugh everytime haha 😂😂
When and where you staying when you go again
I'm there with my 16 year old son in October we are flying out on the 25 for 2 weeks
Why thank you! Glad i've made someone laugh We go from the 29th oct- 19th nov, staying on i drive. Very exciting Ah wow bet he's excited! Thank you for reading x
Old 9 Feb 14, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Another brilliant read.
Thank you! Appreciate you taking the time to read it
Old 9 Feb 14, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
4andcounting
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like a great day, live the Halloween costumes.
Looking forward to the next installment.
4andcounting is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List