theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Five Little Ones Take the Adults - Day 11, SeaWorld and 'Ohana

The previous day can be found HERE

Disclaimer, I have lots of photos!

Saturday 5 October 2013

I was up at 7.15am and everyone else was up by 7.30am. We all got dressed and ready to leave and were on our way to SeaWorld by 8.45am.

Dan was driving the second car (Mum and Dad werent coming with us) and she didnt want to drive on the I4 so we took the back roads to get there. This didnt take us long and we were pulling into the car park just after 9am. The cost of parking was $15 per car. We parked at the far end of section B, rows 1-5.

We were directed into a second entrance, over to the left of the regular entrance and were soon inside

Phil, Dan, Marie and Ryan went straight onto Manta

We walked over to Journey to Atlantis next which Jamie and Sydney went on, while Phil, Ryan and Marie went on Kraken and managed to get the front row

We made our way over to Antarctica; Empire of the Penguin

Kaley loved drinking from the big water bottles

Madison wanted her own bag today so had borrowed this from my Mum

Dan wasnt feeling great so she said she would watch Piper while the rest of us went on. Madison decided she didnt want to go on either so she also stayed.

We went and joined the line, which thankfully wasn't too long. Once inside, Phil, Kaley, Michelle, Kori and I joined the line for the tamer side of the ride whilst the others went in the line for the wild ride is it called? I dont recall.

Very blue lighting in here

Now a warning to anyone going on this ride, it is COLD! And by cold, I mean absolutely freezing! Poor Kaley was wearing a very summery dress so I was trying to wrap myself around her as much as possible.

This ride was interesting. I dont get what the 4 hour waits were for when it first opened. The ride was just kind of meh. It was cool to see the penguins at the end though

We were all so cold though so didnt stay for too long looking. We went outside and found Dan, Madison and Piper sitting on the shade. Madison and Kaley were hungry so had their Earl of Sandwich crisps

Dan still wasnt feeling great so we stayed sitting down for a few minutes before making a move

We made our way towards the Waterfront area, Phil snapping photos along the way

I love the Sky Tower

We took the walkway that goes over the water to the Shamu Stadium for the 11.30am show

Dan really wasnt feeling well at this point so decided to go back. Ryan and Bethany were happy to go back with her so they all left with Piper. We made arrangements with Mum and Dad to come back and pick Marie up later as she wouldnt fit in our car.

We found some seats in the Stadium, not in the soak zone, and a few minutes later, Ryan came back in. Michelle had left some crisps under Koris pushchair and a squirrel was trying to eat them so he just wanted to let us know!

Soon, the show started

Kaley really enjoyed it

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - 168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 11:19 AM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 14, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from previous post

More show photos

I obviously like something that just happened!

More whale photos

This is a good show but really isnt as good as it was previously. We have seen so many variations of the show since our first visit in 2000 and I completely agree and understand why the trainers arent in the water, but it really is not the same any more.

I will say, I love the opening part of the show where they ask all serving or retired members of the armed forces and their families to stand for the audience to show their appreciation for their service. It gets me every time and it is all I can do not to cry.

The girls enjoyed it which is the main thing

We left, sorted pushchairs, children, etc. and arranged to meet at the Dolphin Theatre for the 2pm Blue Horizons show.

We settled Kaley for a sleep and set off.

During October, SeaWorld have a Halloween Spooktacular event every weekend which had started today. We went through a few trick or treat trails whilst walking towards the back of the park.

I have no idea where Phil took this photo but it looks so pretty

Soon, we were at the Shark Encounter

We found that the no stroller policy wasnt exclusive to Disney. Strollers werent allowed in here and of course Kaley was asleep so I waited outside while Phil, Madison and Marie went in

Once they were finished in here, we went around to the Waterfront

I really wanted to go on the Sky Tower as it had been closed due to winds in 2010 and luckily it was open. Surprisingly Madison wanted to go on so Marie and I took her whilst Phil stayed with Kaley.

I love this attraction and how far you can see and the different viewpoint of things.

I think this is called the Bay Stadium? I remember years ago this used to have a water sport type show. I dont think they do anything now

The very big and scary Kraken (to me anyway!)

The entrance and car park

Journey to Atlantis and Aquatica

The new Antarctica area

The Waterfront area

Close up of Aquatica

I will go back here one day. We went on Christmas Day in 2008 and had so much fun

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - 168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Edited at 11:26 AM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 14, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Close up of Journey to Atlantis

Epcot and the Swan or Dolphin

Is this the Convention Centre? Im not sure

Manta

Shamu Stadium

Phil caught a good picture of Manta while he was waiting

The three of us really enjoyed this and Madison did so much she wanted to go again so Phil took her back on.

Marie, Kaley and I went for a wander over to the Dolphin Nursery. We were there for a few minutes when a member of staff started talking. She said that there were five dolphins in the water a Mum, a baby, 2 pregnant dolphins and an aunt. We learned that dolphins are pregnant for 12 months and there was a reason why the aunt was there but I cant remember what that reason was and I didnt write it down! I did note that the baby had been born on June 21st that year.

Phil and Madison came over to us when they were finished on the Sky Tower. We made our way to the Dolphin Cove via the Stingray Lagoon. Im not keen on the stingrays so I stayed away! I know the others liked it and saw some baby ones.

We went to the far end of the Dolphin Cove before feeding time so were able to get to the front

From there we went to underwater viewing area which I had not been in before. We saw lots of dolphins and they were zooming past the windows

It was really hot again today so it was nice to get a bit of air con for a while. We went back outside to the lookout viewing bit and saw the dolphins being fed. It was getting close to our meeting time so we made our way towards the Dolphin Theatre. At some point, we had eaten our Earl of Sandwiches which were all the same as we had at Universal a few days ago so no pictures or prices.

Just outside the entrance to the theatre was a Coca Cola Freestyle stand so we had a look

I had read about these on the dibb and knew they did hundreds of different flavours of coke products, Fanta, Sprite, etc. so I was looking forward to seeing what they had. Phil had a still strawberry lemonade ($2.87) and I had a strawberry Sprite Zero ($2.87). I dont look impressed that I am having my photo taken!

These were good and looking at the colours of the drinks, I get why we dont have anything like this in the UK with e-numbers and anything else fun and flavourful being taken out of food/drink products!

We walked up to the Dolphin Theatre

Where we were actually allowed to take the pushchair, hooray! This may have been because Kaley was still asleep. We found some seats at the back and Michelle arrived a few minutes later.

The view from our seats

The show soon started and it was loud so Kaley woke up almost immediately. At least it meant she got to see it.

Continued in next post

Edited at 11:31 AM.
Old 31 Mar 14, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

The acrobatic lady

Phil managed to catch a couple of really good photos of the dolphins

Towards the end of the show, there were birds released and a big bird of prey, Im not sure what type, flew over, but as we werent expecting them, we didnt get any photos.

The last time I saw a show in this theatre was the year that Discovery Cove opened and the dolphins in the show had been replaced by some other form of whale/dolphin that looked like dolphins but definitely werent dolphins and I didnt enjoy it at all and hadnt been back since. I am so glad I went back and saw this. The show was so much better than I was expecting and was back to having real dolphins! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who hasnt seen it. It was also really good to see the trainers in the water interacting with the dolphins.

Random observation, one of the trainers here and also one of the whale trainers from the Shamu show were pregnant. No reason for adding this, just something I remembered!

The sign for the many different areas and attraction

We left here and made our way towards the entrance/exit to look in the shops to get the girls a teddy each.

We went in the Shamu Emporium but they only had big teddies so we looked in the sweet shop and they had the small, beanie sized ones in there. We told Madison and Kaley they could pick two each. Madison had a whale and polar bear and Kaley had a whale and a dolphin. Kaley now loves Madisons polar bear, which she just calls Bear. These were $9.95 each plus tax.

Kaley with hers, plus Pooh Bear and crumble which go everywhere with her

She is wearing clothes; she was wearing one of those playsuit things and kept taking her arms out of the straps!

Pictures of the entrance area

Madison with her new teddies

See, she is wearing clothes!

Close up

Madison and Marie posing

Kaley compromised by having one strap on

We left via the main entrance

Im not sure what Kaley has spotted

We only waited a few minutes outside the entrance before Mum and Dad arrived to pick Marie up at 3pm as arranged.

We went back to the car, loaded everything and everyone in and left. Michelle, Jamie, Sydney and Kori werent eating with us tonight and werent sure what they wanted to do for dinner so we dropped them off at DTD.

We got back to SSR around 3.40pm and the others were all there. Dan still wasnt feeling well and hadnt been able to sleep. We all had showers/baths and got ready to go out. Dan decided she wasnt up to coming out and was gutted as Ohana was the dinner she had been most looking forward to.

Marie came in the car with us and Mum, Dad, Ryan, Bethany and Piper went in the other car. We left around 4.50pm and got to the Poly quite quickly. What on earth is with this car park?! It is a deluxe resort and the car park is so small! We drove around for absolutely ages trying to find a parking space. Eventually, Mum and Dad spotted someone heading to their car and were able to park. We didnt have the same luck and were just driving aimlessly up and down each row hoping that someone would leave. There were spaces but they were for disabled, taxis, 30 minutes only and a couple of random spaces for something like ceremonial guest or something similar.

It was getting very close to our ADR time now so we decided we had no choice but to valet park, which was $15.

We went inside and up to the restaurant. Mum was checking us in. We found a bench and sat down

We werent sat for long before our pager went off. We were shown into the restaurant to a big table right near the kitchen

Our server brought over the welcome bread

This was very nice

Continued in next post

Edited at 12:16 PM.
Old 31 Mar 14, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Madison and Phil doing Uncle Daves (Dans boyfriend) pose

Dave did this pose in every photon our 2010 holiday

Ryan and Bethany, sorry, this is a bit blurry

Mum and Dad

A lovely cheeky pose from Madison

Soon, we were brought a huge platter of honey coriander chicken wings and pork fried dumplings and the mixed greens with mango-poppy seed dressing, which you can just see in the background of the photo

These were so good! I can see why people have to restrain themselves eating them to save room for the rest of the food

Next we got the noodles in peanut sauce and stir fried vegetables

I really liked the noodles.

Soon, the meat skewers started to come around. I had the sirloin steak

And chicken

Mmmmmmm, these were so good! The meat was so delicious. I dont have a photo of the pork but I am certain I tried this.

I recall having seconds of both of these!

The sauces. I think one was peanut and is the other a sweet and sour type sauce?

This was all so good. I completely agree with all the rave reviews this place gets.

Kaley liked the hot towels they bring around

And was very happy throughout the meal

After our plates were cleared, they brought out lots of dessert! This was the Ohana Bread Pudding but it was coconut and pineapple bread pudding with a hot caramel sauce. I dont like bananas so was really happy with this

They brought us more of the caramel sauce as my dad really liked it

Phil isnt keen on hot puddings like this so had ice cream!

Im sure he made quite a dent in this.

The pudding was really good too. You really do have to leave a bit of room for this.

Madison, Kaley and I will often do silly things like touching noses and Kaley and I decided it would be funny to touch cheeks, which explains the following photos!

Continued in next post

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Old 31 Mar 14, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We had made a note on our ADRs that we were celebrating birthdays so the girls were brought out cupcakes again

Our server decided to make Madisons photo more fun

Then did the same with Kaley

Kaley had fun eating hers

Having cuddles

The server brought over the bill. The cost was $33.99 per adult and $16.99 for Madison plus tax. We used three table service credits and our share of the tip was $18.

Once we had sorted the tip, we left and went out to get the car. Dad and Ryan each gave us $5 towards the parking and we paid $8 including the tip. In the minute or so waiting for the car to be brought around to us, we saw buses arriving to collect runners that were taking part in the Tower of Terror Run Disney event that weekend. This was probably around 7pm so I am not sure where they would have been going at that time.

We drove back to SSR and I got Madison ready for bed while Dan got Kaley ready. The girls went and sat in the bed in the master bedroom with Dan and played and read stories with her for a while. We managed to get them to their own bed to go to sleep.

I then started on the task of sorting clothes that we wouldnt be wearing again to pack. I took all the tags off the new clothes that we had bought and packed them.

Dan still didnt feel well so we said that she and Marie could have our bed and we would have the sofa bed, so she went to bed.

Mum, Dad and Marie came back from shopping somewhere and we had a look at what they had bought. We sat talking for a while with National Treasure 2 on the TV, before going to bed around 11pm.

Day 12, Swimming, Shopping and Outback Steakhouse, plus Phil, Dad and Ryan visit Kennedy Space Centre is HERE!

Edited at 12:31 PM.
Old 31 Mar 14, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Yay!

Another great read! I've read so many reports on the penguin ride being a let down, such a shame after the way SeaWorld hyped it up!

Glad you all loved 'Ohana again! I am SO excited to go back! Yummmmmmerz

Some super cute pics of the girls today, they are such pretty things

Shame Dan wasn't well, hope she was better the following day xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 14, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Ahhh your girls are so sweet :-) looks like you had a fantastic holiday!
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 14, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

It makes me sad reading that day, I missed out on so much! And so gutted I missed ohana as it's my fave! At least I was better the next day though!

I love the photos of the girls, especially the one of Kaley where it looks like she's got no clothes on lol! x x x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 14, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post

AWH another great read as always
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List