Old 20 Apr 14, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Bel13ve- Day Ten- SSR, MK and Be Our Guest

Previously on Bel13ve ( or ...and Bruce came too) Day 9

If reading for the first time and want to read more please read from the very start -Index here

DAY 10 -August 5th 2013.

Thank you all for reading so far

We took today very slowly- it was our intention to complete 3 nights of fireworks in a row, we needed the later start!
It was our last full day at Saratoga Springs, once again our days here have been packed, involved lots of eating for free and the usual complaint that we don't spend enough time down at the pool - too busy looking for an EMH morning park or something else in the parks to fill the days.

So, today we went to the pool first.

We consider ourselves fortunate to have stayed here twice now and have enjoyed every minute of it - wholehearted recommendation for anyone who reads this report and wonders what it is like

We prefer the pool at the other side of the resort - simply because the boys enjoy the slide better and also the bar/ café was better, but the entertainment available to families in the paddock pool was amazing- you really could spend the whole of your stay playing pool games and dancing
As for us

We reeled the boys from the pool against their will and grabbed drinks and a food break before heading back to PACK

Yep Killjoy parents! ( again) there is a limit to how much pool party a parent can endure!

We ate,packed ( it was a masterstroke! of more tomorrow) and then headed to Magic Kingdom.
As keen Fastpass collectors we knew this would be a key part of our late arrival - in keeping with the flow of the day, We didn't

We simply went in and had some fun!
We took pics and lingered and simply soaked up some of the essence that WDW provides and, I for one, often walk past simply because I've seen it before or I have a FP for a ride or I can see the queue for Tinkerbelle has reduced to just the 25 mins!

Yes for those reading carefully I am on a new computer and hence the delay in the is day being posted - I have managed to retrieve my photos but still struggling with getting video from old files to play on new computer:angry:

I digress( again!)

our late afternoon drew us closer to the event of the day - our ADR for BE Our Guest.
We booked exactly on the 180 day window and our anticipation was at fever pitch when we were told we needed to wait on the bridge for another 15 mins as we were early

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 804.jpg
Views:	2271
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	54546   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 806.jpg
Views:	2264
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	54547   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 807.jpg
Views:	2267
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	54549  

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 04:38 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 14, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
On entering - it was amazing!

The space, the grandeur , the story and the theming were amazing- so is the fact that this operates as a counter service during the daytime and a table service at night. The upcoming technology that will be see at Disney is here - push button ordering for lunch and a range of restaurant managers walking around with their tablet attached to arm with countdowns visible for each table to be moved along
Saw this at Boma but thought it was just there that it happened- alas not
We lingered there and will linger here if only to annoy the countdown

Anyway, we were bowled over by the place, the food was amazing as was the service and the atmosphere we did think we had got lucky being in the main eating area but the theming did mean that we were invited to explore by our server and it was fantastic.
As is my habit we decided that food picture taking time came at this point

Food was fab though!

as was the meeting with Beast - who also appeared to be the only person who looked at the photopass camera ( my pic was ruined the the beast not looking- this one by the beasts not looking

The evening was simply going too well

We tried to exit but couldn't - no it was not the food we had eaten but the storm that had descended outside - the rain was one thing but the thunder and lightning was another

We stayed indoors and waited for it to pass- the sight, through the slightly opened doors of B.O.G, saw the castle silhouetted by the lightning, it was very close and it was a moment when you really wished you could get a picture of what you were looking at - it will be etched in my memory forever- still gutted I did not go out to get the picture ( DW made me see the sensible option!)
Torrential rain and the threat of still more to come saw us consider our next move - the plan was to see the parade and Wishes - we had got to 8.55 and the parade had been 'delayed'- it was still warm, rainy and you could sense the humidity in the air would bring more...

we made a decision that went against our usual one! normally when it rains we stay

we had previously enjoyed the fastest CADCT parade -

everyone bailed out that day and we had the quietest night in MK we have ever experienced- walk on rides in August

Tonight - the decision was to head home, have an early night and make use of the fact that we had already packed - but not before a quick pic that has become one of my favourites.

Bruce song of the day- even more apt given the time between day 9 and this.

If I Should Fall Behind
...please wait for me!

not sure if anyone clicks the links but the song is here if you want a listen

Magical song - magical day- and still more to come.

Next up - SSR to Sunset Lakes day 11
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 845.jpg
Views:	1102
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	54555   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 843.jpg
Views:	1110
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	54556   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 850.jpg
Views:	1099
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	54557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0672FourBySix.jpg
Views:	1110
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	54558   Click image for larger version

Name:	disney2011 927.jpg
Views:	1111
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	54559  

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

Edited at 04:41 PM. Reason: photo added
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 14, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Excited to see another day up! I had been periodically checking for you and thought you'd given up

Glad you now have your computer situation sorted and expect full steam ahead from now!

Your day today features two things I need to try! From a distance (balloon in DTD!) I have always admired the setting of SSR and think its location is superb for everything. Your pictures look great around the vast pool area there and it looks like much fun can (and was) had!

The second from your day is BOG. Your pictures and others I have seen make this place look amazing and I'm sure as good as they are they won't do the place justice! I like the idea of counter service in the day as well and hope to experience this one day!

Great pictures by the way of the two boys and you on the bridge on your way in. Although I had to turn my head I recognised you between them

Shame about the weather ending your day early but if you've got two more late nights coming up I suppose not too tragic. We have done both things you mention in the rain. I.e given in and gone home but I know if you ride the August storm out in general you get a lovely evening in a very quiet park

Looking forward to seeing Sunsetlakes tomorrow as we have great memories from 3 weeks there in 2010.

Keep them coming now please!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 14, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day but shame about the evening downpour
Old 26 Apr 14, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

shame about the evening downpour
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 14, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I'm so pleased about two, well three things.
First that you are having such a good time, it is a really good read.
Two and three, that you rate SS and BOG so much, as we are staying there in October and we have an ADR booked for BOG.
I look forward to reading more.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 14, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Reetser View Post
Excited to see another day up! I had been periodically checking for you and thought you'd given up

Glad you now have your computer situation sorted and expect full steam ahead from now!

Your day today features two things I need to try! From a distance (balloon in DTD!) I have always admired the setting of SSR and think its location is superb for everything. Your pictures look great around the vast pool area there and it looks like much fun can (and was) had!

The second from your day is BOG. Your pictures and others I have seen make this place look amazing and I'm sure as good as they are they won't do the place justice! I like the idea of counter service in the day as well and hope to experience this one day!

Great pictures by the way of the two boys and you on the bridge on your way in. Although I had to turn my head I recognised you between them

Shame about the weather ending your day early but if you've got two more late nights coming up I suppose not too tragic. We have done both things you mention in the rain. I.e given in and gone home but I know if you ride the August storm out in general you get a lovely evening in a very quiet park

Looking forward to seeing Sunsetlakes tomorrow as we have great memories from 3 weeks there in 2010.

Keep them coming now please!

Thanks for reading - appreciate your comments - was on the verge of giving up but have been given a new lease of life and I want to complete before the index of this whole report moves to the 1year mark)

Rain did not spoil the night - it simply led us back to SSR at a more sensible time!
As for picture on the bridge

Old 11 May 14, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Another fab day! I am loving your trip report and your boys are just the cutest! I am loving their matching t'shirts, were did you get the amazing ones that look like mickeys red sorcery robe and cast member badge I am fencing one of those myself!

Keep up the good work.

Gemma xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 14, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Another fab day! I am loving your trip report and your boys are just the cutest! I am loving their matching t'shirts, were did you get the amazing ones that look like mickeys red sorcery robe and cast member badge I am fencing one of those myself!

Keep up the good work.

Gemma xx
[IMG][/IMG]

These t shirts have proved to be one of greatest purchases of all time- we picked them up at the Disney outlet place at Premium Vineland Road in 2009, under the thought that the boys would grow into them they cost us around $10 and on each visit since we always have CM's asking where we got them - they have never been seen since and always draw a few looks

Thanks for reading my report and for your comments - stayed up late last night to add another day.

Old 11 May 14, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Wow that is rather impressive with the t'shirts i will need to make sure i get myself to this Disney outlet!

What another adorable picture, they are just the cutest boys ever!
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List