VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Five Little Ones Take the Adults - Day 14, Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Garden Grill and DTD

The previous day can be found HERE

Disclaimer, I have lots of photos!

Tuesday 8 October 2013

I was awake early again this morning and got up to get everything ready for the day. I got Kaley her breakfast while Phil got her dressed then got Madison’s breakfast when she was dressed.

The girls had another invitation today as we had a dinner reservation at Garden Grill with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. They were excited to be going to see Chip and Dale.

We were on a bus around 8.45am and on our way out of SSR by 9am. We arrived just after 9.20 and stopped for some PP pictures of the girls

I apologise, there are quite a few of these, all similar, with some zoomed in and black and white!

After having these taken, we went to Animation Courtyard

We had wanted to see Sofia the First but the line was really long so we decided to give it a miss for now. We went to see the 9.40am Disney Junior Live on Stage show instead. Both girls enjoyed this

Picking up gold doubloons (sp?)

We went to see if the line was any shorter for Sofia but it was even longer now so we decided to go to Sulley and Mike’s meet and greet area instead.

On the way, the girls had their Mickey shortbreads that I had bought the day before

Kaley had been crying as she had fallen trying to get into her pushchair.

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 01:34 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 14, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from previous post

We didn’t have to wait too long for Mike and Sulley

Madison went for hugs as usual

Even Kaley had a hug from Sulley

They posed for some photos

The girls enjoyed seeing these two and their meet and greet area was themed as Monsters University which was cool. We went to see Lightning and Mater from Cars but Madison wasn’t bothered about staying to see them so we made our way back towards the Animation Courtyard.

We saw that the line to see Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates wasn’t too long so we waited to see him

We went into the Animation building to see what characters were in there. We got in a very long line to see Ralph and Vanellope. Kaley was tired and got a bit fed up waiting. Finally it was our turn. These characters don’t sign; you get given a little autograph card instead

We didn’t stop to see any other characters in here, as Kaley needed a sleep so we got her settled. We walked down Sunset Boulevard

Madison and I wanted to see the Beauty and the Beast show so Phil agreed to take Kaley for a walk while we went to watch.

We went to Fairfax Fare first to get an early lunch. Madison had a kid’s turkey sandwich, bottled water, apples and a cookie ($5.99) and I had the mac and cheese hot dog ($8.59)

This was a bit weird really, the mac and cheese was very rich and I didn’t really eat much of it!

I also had a large diet coke ($3.19) and some sort of chocolate custard ($3.99) that I didn’t actually eat. We used one adult and one child’s counter service credit.

We went into the theater around 11.30am and found some good seats about halfway down on the aisle. About 10 minutes later, Mum, Dan and Marie came and sat with us. I think the show was supposed to be 11.45am but it was delayed a couple of minutes. We all really enjoyed this, this is one of my favourite shows and I would be gutted if it finished. (I am still upset over the Tarzan show at AK finishing!)

We met Phil outside when the show had finished and had a look in the shops. We went into Mickeys of Hollywood and I finally bought some photo frames. I got a castle frame ($21.95)

A character signature frame ($21.95)

And a set of 3 hanging frames ($34.95)

Along with some more sticker books ($6.95 each) and some Mickey head ice cubes ($6.95)

(Sorry for the rubbish photos, these have been taken on my phone.)

Madison decided to try on the different hats!

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Edited at 01:45 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 14, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

I can’t work out where this was taken from. Maybe Phil took it when we were watching Beauty and the Beast

Madison, Mum, Dan and Marie stopped for a photo on the way out

And then had some more with the Monsters University topiary outside the main entrance when we met up with my Dad, Ryan, Bethany and Piper

There was a boat waiting to go to Epcot so everyone but Phil, Kaley and I went on. We decided to walk, as Kaley was still asleep. As soon as the boat pulled away, it sounded its horn so Kaley woke up almost immediately, typical!

The walk from HS to the Boardwalk resort area was lovely.

We passed the Swan and Dolphin hotels

We called into the boardwalk Bakery

We got a croissant for Kaley ($2.49) using a snack credit before continuing our walk

This area is so beautiful. As we were heading down the bridge towards the International Gateway, we heard shouting and realized it was everyone on the boat

They had pretty much been following us around the hotel area and we hadn’t realized!

We went through bag check and the turnstiles and headed clockwise around the World Showcase. I have the Discovery Passport we had stamped each time we bought something at the Food and Wine Festival so I know between us what we had, but I mostly only have pictures and prices of what we got.

We started at Ireland, and with my Mum’s parents being Irish, a Guinness was purchased.

Next, we had to stop at Canada to buy the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup ($4.25) and Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce ($7). We used 2 snack credits and didn’t get a photo of either! The beef was still as delicious as when I had it earlier in the holiday.

Marie had the Chicken Gyro with Tzatziki Sauce from Greece.

The Frozen S’mores ($3) from the Desserts and Champagne booth caught my eye so I used a snack credit for this

This was ok. It was kind of like a chocolate milkshake with marshmallows and Graham crackers. Madison liked it.

Next up was Hawai’i where an Aulani Sunrise featuring Ocean Vodka was purchased

Along with a Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise

I think Mum may have got both of these but we had photos of them both.

We stopped by the Scotland booth next. Again, I think it was Mum who used a snack credit for the Scottish Banoffee Tart with Bananas, Scotch Whisky Toffee, Walkers Shortbread Crumbles and Sweet Cream.

Phil stopped by the Craft Beer booth and got a flight of four beers: Leinenkugel’s Seasonal Shandy, Abita Brewing Company Fall Fest, Dogfish Head Brewery Namaste and Florida Beer Company Devil’s Triangle. I don’t have the receipt so I’m not sure how much this was

Him and my Dad enjoyed these.

Carrying on around, Marie got the Trick’n Chick’n Curry with Basmati Rice featuring Gardein Chick’n Breast. Sounds strange to me!

From Brazil, Mum tried the Seared Scallop with Ragout of Tomatoes, Peppers and Hearts of Palm and I got the Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Onions, Avocado and Cilantro ($5.25), again using a snack credit

The pork was nice but the black beans were very off-putting to me.

Someone got a Beef Empanada from Argentina and I got the Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies ($6) from Australia and used a snack credit

This was delicious, the lamb was cooked perfectly and the potato crunchies and mint pesto went really well with the dish. I also got a Pavlova (Crispy Meringue Shell with Fresh Driscoll’s Berries and Vanilla Custard) ($3.25), again, using a snack credit

This was also delicious. Someone bought a Dos Equis Beer from Mexico and Mum saw that the line to see Mexican Donald was short so she took Madison and Kaley to see him.

They both look excited

Madison really does like hugging

I love how Kaley is looking up at him

Continued in next post

Edited at 01:53 PM.
Old 7 Jun 14, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Posing for the PP photographer

I think Kaley is trying to get away

Donald found these leaves on the floor and wanted to give them to Kaley

He then did a dance for them!

He was a very entertaining Donald and seemed to really enjoy playing the part.

We decided to separate now, as we had our dinner reservation coming up and wanted to walk a bit faster around the World. We stopped off in China where I used a snack credit for the Chicken Pot stickers ($4)

These weren’t as good as 2010, the sauce wasn’t as tasty, unfortunately.

As we were walking through, Madison spotted some sun parasols and asked if she could have one. With tax, this was $12.78

We had a couple of PP photos taken, before continuing on our way

I had to visit Karamell-Kuche as I love it in here!

Yummy!

I used two snack credits to get a milk chocolate covered salted caramel ($3.99) and a chocolate coated marshmallow twizzle, with caramel drizzled on it ($4.49). These were lovely to snack on.

Phil snapped a couple of photos on the way around

Kaley had decided she wanted a parasol. There was a cart near the France pavilion selling tiny umbrellas that could be personalized so Phil got one for her. It only took 5 minutes or so to be personalized.

We didn’t visit any of the other booths. There were a couple more I would have liked to try but we had our early dinner ADR so didn’t want to eat too much. We went back to Future World and went into the Art of Disney store. I think this was in there

I loved this picture

And this really good one of the seven dwarves

There has to be a cheap way to buy these and get them home!

It was almost ADR time so we went to the Land pavilion and checked in at the Garden Grill

For anyone who doesn’t know, this restaurant continually revolves slowly so you get to see all different parts of the Land pavilion. It was really cool and you don’t notice the movement at all.

Kaley was testing out her umbrella!

We were seated quite quickly after checking in. The table was all set for us

We were brought out a basket of warm bread with honey butter

A little bit too sweet with the butter, but good anyway.

Continued in next post

Edited at 02:01 PM.
Old 7 Jun 14, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

This was followed by a salad

I am sure the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, etc. are all grown here in Epcot.

Soon the adult food platter arrived

This had mashed potatoes, filet of beef with a Demi-Glace sauce, turkey with stuffing and some sort of sauce that I can’t recall and sustainable fish of the day with a tomato sauce. The beef was really tasty, I wasn’t keen on the sauce on the turkey and am not really into fish so can’t comment on this.

The kids had their own platter

This had chicken drumsticks, macaroni and cheese, goldfish crackers and sweet potato fries. The fries were delicious! I think we had more of these and more beef.

The girls’ dessert was a cupcake in a cone

And ours was a berry cobbler with whipped cream

This had blueberries, raspberries and strawberries in. I was expecting this to be a bit crumble-like but the topping was like a sponge cake. It tasted good though.

While we had been eating, we had visits from Mickey

Followed by Chip

Kaley was so happy to see him.

Dale was round soon after

And finally, it was Pluto’s turn to stop by

This was an ok dinner and the characters were great. They came around a couple of times, as I don’t think the restaurant is that big.

The cost of this meal was $34.99 per adult, and $16.99 for Madison making the total $92.63 including tax. We left a $16 tip and used three table service credits. When paying we noticed the remaining child credits weren’t correct so made a note to check later.

We decided to leave Epcot and made our way out to the bus stop. We started to head towards the SSR stop and then decided that we didn’t want to go straight back as it was only around 5.30pm so went to the taxi area and got in one of the big cabs and went to DTD. This cost us $16 including the tip.

We were dropped off at the Marketplace end and went into the Art of Disney shop. (I think that’s three visits to Disney art shops in two days!) We took a couple more photos of the artwork

Each of the three art shops we visited all had an artist in drawling/sketching/painting pictures and were set up so you could watch what they were doing.

Then we went to the Days of Christmas shop where we bought two personalized Christmas decorations. One was a small photo frame with a baby Minnie that we had Kaley’s name and DOB added to. We had bought Madison one of these on her first trip when she was 11 weeks old and wanted to get Kaley the same. This was $12.95. The other was a bauble that said Happy Birthday on it ($16.95) that we had both girls names put on. The personalization in total was $15; I’m not sure how this was split between the two.

We left here and the girls spotted the carousel and asked if they could go on it. We said yes and paid the $2 each for the three of us to go on

They both enjoyed their couple of minutes on this. We went to the World of Disney store next and bought a cookie cutter set ($9.95), a Cinderella mini figure set ($19.95) and a Rapunzel mini figure set ($14.95) to put away for Madison for Christmas and a Mickey frame ($18.95)

I bought a couple of other things but I can’t work out from the receipt what they were!

We walked through Marketplace and Pleasure Island and then walked along the water rather than through the middle of West Side. The boat to SSR was at the dock so we hopped on that rather than walking

I look more tired than the girls!

Phil took some photos while we were on the boat

We got off the boat and walked through Artist’s Palette to pick up my Hollywood Studios purchases from yesterday. We walked back to our villa and saw Mum and Dad in the Grandstand pool so we stopped to talk to them for a few minutes. We got back, got the girls into their pj’s and into bed and waited until they went asleep to make a start on the packing. We got most of it done and were in bed around 11pm.

Next up, Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom, DTD, Raglan Road, Swimming and Shopping is HERE!

Edited at 02:07 PM.
Old 8 Jun 14, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Another fabulous day, great time in both parks, Donald looked like a real hoot in Epcot. great pics as ever, those dramatic night sky ones,wow. Some fab photo pass ones a well, you did well that day. Mmmm, I could just about try that berry cobbler right now , sounds scrummy. Wasn't sure on that hot dog though !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Arrow

Another fantastic read. Love your photo frames.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffton
Apprentice Imagineer

Another fab day! Love your writing style in this report. I had my eye on those parasols, they are lovely! Looking forward to the next instalment!
Buffton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 14, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day and fab fab fab pics
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 14, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Another fabulous day, great time in both parks, Donald looked like a real hoot in Epcot. great pics as ever, those dramatic night sky ones,wow. Some fab photo pass ones a well, you did well that day. Mmmm, I could just about try that berry cobbler right now , sounds scrummy. Wasn't sure on that hot dog though !
We did have a good day and Donald really was funny. Phil did get some good photos, especially the night ones.

I really like the PP pictures too.

The hot dog was strange but I am glad I tried it!

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Another fantastic read. Love your photo frames.
Thanks! I have so many photo frames from Disney, they need to make more as I have to have different ones!

Originally Posted by Buffton View Post
Another fab day! Love your writing style in this report. I had my eye on those parasols, they are lovely! Looking forward to the next instalment!
Thank you very much! I am really enjoying writing it.

The parasol is really nice and Madison always asks to have it out when it's sunny.

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great day and fab fab fab pics
Thank you!