Old 1 Jul 14, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 8
The Unexpected Trip - Day 1 – It’s looking a bit grey out there

The human alarm woke us around 1am (Jake had taken over those responsibilities from Joseph) for a bottle so he was quickly satisfied. The mental alarm woke me and Maria at 3am for an unknown reason (probably all the excitement building up. We managed to drift in and out of consciousness until 6am came when we all woke up.

We started to get all the things together from the room and all got dressed ready for the journey that lied ahead. Joseph and Jake had their breakfast prior to us leaving the room (Joseph with his requested Wheetos and Jake with his one of many baby food pouches). We said goodbye to our really comfortable room at 8ish and headed for the cars. It was a very dull looking morning with rain starting just as we got to the long stay car park.

We managed to find a spot right next to the many bus stops within the car park and luckily for us, a bus was sat waiting at the stop so we quickly locked the cars up and got on. About 5 minutes later, we arrived at the South Terminal once again and headed for the family security check point. This is great as the security staff are great with the kiddies should you need to be checked. We didn’t so on we went through to get a bite to eat in the Departure lounge.

McDonald’s was our choice as we all liked the bagels and muffins they do. Joseph (the mini human dustbin) declared he was hungry as well so he had a bagel with some Philadelphia on it. Not long after we ordered, the food was devoured and we headed out to have a browse around the shops.

Unflattering but tasty!

Mum enjoyed the breakfast.

Firstly, we went and picked up Jake’s milk cartons for the journey there and back again from Boots as we pre-purchased them for after security. We had seen a great little video camera in the North Terminal on our previous trip and we were still 50/50 as to whether to get one or not. We avoided getting one in the end but mum ended up getting some perfume for a reasonable price and we got Joseph and Jake a Virgin plane each to add to their mini collection (one for each trip they go on). Jake seemed to like the shopping so much that he decided to take a little nap whilst we looked around!

Time seemed to fly by and it was 10:20 already. We checked the board and it said that the gate was open so we made the long walk to the Gate and gave the boys calpol and nose spray for the flight as suggested by the doctor as they both suffer with ear infections.

Jake in Playful mode!

After around half an hour, we were boarded as we had little ones. Great! I did find it rather amusing the amount of people that stand right next to the doors to go through to the plane only to end up waiting there longer as they didn’t have little ones or need more time to be seated. It baffles me every time. They aren’t going to get there any faster!

On board and sat in our seats, we waited for the other passengers to board. It looked like everyone was on so we waited……………. and waited………….. and waited……………….. and waited some more. It was getting rather choppy out there (think the wind speed was 60-ish mph that day). Turns out we had to wait for another pilot or something before we could take off.

Jake still as happy as can be!

Joseph comforting Jake.

It was looking grim out there (like the Haunted Mansion reference there ).

2 hours later, the plane began to move and not long after, we were in the air. It turns out that the previous plane was struck by lightening so we had the later plane (1pm takeoff) and that flight was cancelled! They were asking passengers if they would mind travelling to Manchester to get the flight from there! Later on in the day, 5 flights were circling London due to the storm! Turns out we were quite lucky!

There was a bit of turbulence going but both boys were troopers and it didn’t bother them in the slightest. Joseph was more worried about the fact his TV wasn’t on yet! It was switched on just after take off if I remember correctly. Jake did however decide that he didn’t want the contents of his stomach anymore and was sick all over Maria! Not to worry, only 9.25 hours left until we touched down in Orlando! It probably didn’t help that he was sick 3 more times (although not as much) on her as well as his nappy leak a little bit! It seemed like it would be a loooooong flight, epecially when Joseph asked if we were there just after taking off!

SELFIEEEE.

On the plus side, dinner came and it was rather tasty. I am getting more and more impressed with airline food recently. It no longer tastes of cardboard heated up for 5 minutes. That was quickly consumed and TV watching continued. Joseph watched pretty much everything they had on the kids section (as we had to change it almost every 5 minutes for him as per his request) and Jake enjoyed jumping on us and watching/giggling at Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (the one with Donald’s Ducks I believe). I watched Thor 2 and Maria tried to watch Grown Ups 2 in between cleaning up after Jake making a mess. He did cry on and off throughout the flight as any baby would but nothing to annoy the other passengers I would say.

Mum made a new little friend. The lady sat next to her (behind us) had a little girl around Jake’s age who was being very sociable. She seemed very excited about everything which was nice to see and it probably helped pass the time for mum too (except for the girls crying fits).

Sleepy baby

Sleepy boy

The flight seemed to ‘fly’ by. Jake ended up having a 3 hour nap towards the end of the flight with Joseph having 1.5 hours sleep too. He didn’t want to be woken up (and I don’t blame him). I had to pretty much pull Joseph to sit up for landing! Bless him, he did cry a little but only because he was tired. It was around 11pm UK time by the time we landed (6pm local time). Landing was smooth and it looked like a perfect afternoon as always. Sun was setting, clear skies…………… yup, we were home!

The plane quickly arrived at the gate and we exited swiftly and were at Customs in no time. We only ended up waiting around 10 minutes before we got to a desk. Through with no problems and Mum soon followed and I quickly got 2 trolleys and watched the bags come off the conveyer belt. Again, ours seemed to come off quite quickly which was nice. We had brought some food with us (snacks and other food for the boys) so we had to declare that. Straight through that, no problemo.
WDW Onsite - May 09 (Honeymoon) - May 12 - Feb 14
Offsite hotels around Orlando - May 91, Mar 00, Mar 02, Apr 05, June 06
Jezzerinos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 14, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Around the corner and we dropped our luggage off again to be transferred to the main terminal so we could board the monorail. Joseph got a little excited as we were getting on his first little train ride. Over to the main terminal and mum and I left Maria and the boys in the central plaza to go and get the bags from re-claim. This was over on the A side of the terminal on the ground floor.

Joseph waiting in that oh so familiar spot for all us Dibbers!

We went over and waited for about 20 minutes for the bags to finally show. Ours came through promptly after so back up to the 2nd floor, meet Maria and the boys and down to the ground floor on B side to get the Magical Express.

The Disney Cast Members never cease to amaze me, fantastic from the start. We arrived at the ME desk and I checked in with the nice lady. She noticed that Joseph was with me and handed him a Mickey sticker and one for his baby brother! Magic from the start. We thanked the nice lady and went down our designated line to board the coach.

We were instantly told to head for the ME so off we went. The nice chap loaded up our luggage and strollers whilst we boarded the coach. It was 7pm by the time we set off, not bad for landing at 6pm but it was in theory midnight our time. Joseph was wide awake and started to get UBER excited watching the video en route to the resort.

Jake was sat on my lap and ended up drifting off (probably mum talking about what charms she was going to look out for her Camilla bracelet did the trick) until we got to the resort (with a quick stop at Coronado Springs).

We arrived home (I call it this as that is how we feel being at WDW) and after the chap unloaded all our belongings, I went to ask the bell services if they could load them onto a trolley for us (I didn’t think I could wheel 5 large suitcases and 2 small ones on my own with 2 strollers in tow).

The trolley was loaded and was kept with the bell services while we went to check in. We had checked in online to our resort and requested a room on a high level (so we did not get any noise above us) and near transportation (because the transportation is near the food court, 2 birds one stone). A lady came over to us with an iPad to check some details and then said that she needed to just pop back and get our MagicBands.

We received them and were pleased that we got all of the colours we had requested and they were all named in the box and on the inside! Loved it from the start. We thanked her, let the bell services know what room we were in and headed to our room. It turned out when we got to the room that is was literally around the corner from the room we stayed in the previous trip. That room was 307 and we were in 328!

A great room in the perfect location. It was out of ear shot from the main play area in the Touchdown section of the resort but near both the transport and the End Zone Food court. Perfect! Just what we wanted! Thank you Disney.

HOME!

10 minutes after we were in our room, our bags arrived. We thanked the man for all the help and Maria and mum unpacked whilst I got the boys bathed and ready for bed. Not too long after, we were pretty much unpacked and sorted for the day ahead.

We were all exhausted from our travels and after me and Maria had washed, we were in bed and not long after, asleep. I think Mum was also conked out at the same time.

It was a long day and the boys made it easy for us. We had already planned the next day (including FastPass+ reservations for the whole trip) so we knew we didn’t have to rush to get out in the morning. We were all excited for what was about to happen (even Jake we think) and couldn’t wait for the morning.
WDW Onsite - May 09 (Honeymoon) - May 12 - Feb 14
Offsite hotels around Orlando - May 91, Mar 00, Mar 02, Apr 05, June 06

Edited at 07:44 AM. Reason: Added a link to Day 2
Jezzerinos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 14, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh you are back! I loved your trippy last time. Really excited that you are doing another
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 14, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Good start.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 14, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

What a perfect travel day - your boys did you proud!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 14, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I'm loving this trip report so far. Your boys are so cute!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 14, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great pictures
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 14, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Great first day xx
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 14, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Really looking forward to reading your trip report, we will be taking our DD on next trip for the first time so hoping for tips! ;-)
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 14, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post

hi so glad theres another trippy bring on the next instalment!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List