col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Introducing Queen P to Orlando the highs, lows and everything in between Day 3

Friday 20th June 2014

So today I was up at 6.30am with the girls who had bagels and frootloops for breakfast while the boys were still in bed (see a pattern emerging here..)

And there's Poppy's camera face that I was telling you about!

I’d said to Chris that as nice as the slower starts are, we really could do with an early start In a park because I really hate queuing past 30mins for anything ! He did agree so we had planned to get up and out early today for a trip to IOA.
By 7.30am we were up and ready to go – massive result!
Here are my 3 Cherubs ready for the day

However, we were waylaid in Walmart, why is it so close to us? ! Sooo hard to resist!
Last trip you may remember the debacle we had trying to pick the net 10 phones that I had ordered o be delivered to our local Walmart – that we never managed to find!
This trip, I forgot to even order them so it was like we were destined to never have them, and Chris suggested actually just going to Walmart to buy them, what a novel idea! So that’s exactly what we did.
We picked up simple Samsung phones, very very basic, $9.98 each, bargain! We bought some credit to go on each one and the lovely lady in Walmart set them up for us and wrote our numbers down on the back of each phone – result!
pointless photo of said phones - but I like to document everything !

These were a god send when Chris was off doing rides with the older kids and I would wander off with Poppy knowing we could just call each other and meet up easily.
We also picked up those mist fans for the kids at $6 each as a I refuse to pay $22 onsite for the same thing that breaks within a week!
We reached IOA about 9.30 – not as early as I wanted but can’t complain as we sorted the phones, and headed straight to Harry Potter

We queued for Forbidden Journey , it said an hour, it wasn’t it was 30 mins (thank god). Poppy fell asleep in the line

Neither of the kids have been on this before, Jess was too small last time and Brandon couldn’t bring himself to do it (what a change this time around!) They both rode with Chris while I sat in the child swap room. I got chatting to a lovely American Lady. It was her first visit in years (and with kids) She thought it was fantastic that Universal do these type of things (Child Swap) as Disney doesn’t! I soon enlightened her and she was thrilled. Even more so when I told her that when her Husband and son returned she could ride with her son. (She thought she’d have to ride alone)
I was pleased to have been able to impart my wisdom and then Chris was back with the kids who both thought the ride was ‘awesome’ and were desperate to get on again.
I love this ride, I really do, it’s so clever, I’m not the biggest Potter fan in my family but I could gladly do this ride over and over. I thought Jess would be scared by the dementors but she loved it all.
After our ride finished I suddenly realised that our cart appeared to hace took a detour, it was strangely quiet and I couldn’t see anyone else other than a man tinkering with another cart…hmmm someone opened our safety belts and we were in a place were there were 2 people waiting to board (the gentleman was in a wheelchair). We were told to get in the lift, go up 1 floor, then get in another lift and go up again to floor 3?

I did panic a bit, I think the team member could see it in my face and said ’don’t worry, just follow the signs) which we did but we came out in the shop whilst poor Chris is up in the Child swap room. Another team member let me go back up the exit when I explained I needed to collect my husband!
SO if this happens to anyone else, don’t panic, it’s normal (I think) and you will end up in the shop eventually!
Chris Stayed in Harry Potter with Jess and Brandon and I took Poppy to Seusslanding. She got lots of lovely comments about her hair again! I took her on one fish 2 fish, she didn’t love it though which surprised me, refused to look at the camera again….

Chris kept sending me random txts like Boo- just cos he could…boys!
By the time we met back up, it was lunchtime. We chose Confisco Grille, we’ve eaten here on each trip and we really enjoy it, if you fancy a look at the food please see Here

After Lunch we stayed in Seuslanding and Chris took Jess on cat in the hat while Brandon and I took Poppy on Caroseussel and in the play area which we couldn't get her out of!

Poor Poppy looks simply exhausted on this photo...
Next up was Marvel Hero Island – Chris took the kids on Storm Force Heros, it said a 10 min wait but with the express pass line the standby line was more than 10 mins (I know I was waiting for them! )
***Express passes are the way to do universal – honestly! As you will see later on when we stay onsite for 1 night***

We were going to finish with Spiderman as it was 2.30pm now but it was very hot and the wait time was an hour so we decided to call it a day.
On the way back to the car I was walking on the moving walkways with all 3 kids and Chris was walking along side with the pram. Poppy was, as usual entertaining everyone, next minute this poor woman fell down really hard at the end of the walkway. I got the kids off and ran to help, Chris was already there picking her up, as a fellow brit almost knocked me out the way telling his kids to just carry on (thanks mate. appreciated that)
AS we got to the end of the walkways just outside of bag check, the lady came up to us again and was enamoured with Poppy. She was Mexican (I think) didn’t speak English anyway. I got that she thought Poppy was beautiful and through various signs and odd words gathered that she was so busy watching Pops that she wasn’t concentrating and missed her footing at the end of the walkway – ouch!
I did the universal thumbs up – as if ‘you’re okay tho right?’ and she returned the sign so I thought ‘phew all is good!’ she was trying to get her family to come back and see Poppy (getting a tad weird now!’ and they clearly thought she was mad so she gave up and followed them – Poppy clearly thought she was mad too and thought the quickest way to get home was o blow this lady a kiss and shout byah. So she could be on her way….
This had the desired affect, the lady was thrilled and left happy…I was just glad she hadn’t seriously injured herself….
Once at home, it was subway for tea – Here

Chris went round to pick it up with a list (he has a shocking memory) the lady was amazed that she had a list and told everyone who walked in the door she had a list apparently, Chris was thrilled,not!

We timed out home time just right, we'd had highs of 97 today and there was an almighty rainstorm with thunder and lightening when we got back to the villa - I took like 55 photos trying to capture it, none of them particularly successful but will share the odd couple, for the the sake of my report!

I played Pool with Brandon and Chris played Black Jack with the kids

-eventually playing for real money - ha and Jess won $9 and was beyond thrilled, and both boys photobombed!

Fabulous day all round!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040871.jpg
Views:	3005
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	55904   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040929.jpg
Views:	2994
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	55905   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-20 10.10.03.jpg
Views:	3006
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	55906   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-20 10.10.19.jpg
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	55907   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-20 10.16.26.jpg
Views:	2984
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	55908  

Name:	2014-06-20 10.36.56.jpg
Views:	2977
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	55909   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-20 10.36.36.jpg
Views:	2976
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	55911   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040874.jpg
Views:	2980
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	55912   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040873.jpg
Views:	2982
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	55913   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040888.jpg
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	55914  

Name:	P1040890.jpg
Views:	2991
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	55915   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040895.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	55916   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040894.jpg
Views:	2980
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	55917   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040898.jpg
Views:	2982
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	55918   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040908.jpg
Views:	2983
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	55919  

Name:	P1040911.jpg
Views:	2949
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	55920   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040919.jpg
Views:	2979
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	55921   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040921.jpg
Views:	2967
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	55922  

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 10:08 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 14, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab day, looks like the kids are having a blast !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great day, those storms are fascinating. Ouch, poor lady at CityWalk but totally weird happenings afterwards ! Great day at IOA, love Confisco, great place to eat.Seussland is so good, Andy and I love going round here much to the embarrassment of our teens. What a nice day x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
colzo100
Excited about Disney

Great day. There's something strangely nice about being back at the villa after a day at the parks and there's a storm outside!
colzo100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
fab day
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab day. X
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
4andcounting
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a great day, looking forward to reading more!
4andcounting is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by LFlorida View Post
Fab day, looks like the kids are having a blast !
Thanks for reading! They did all have a fab time

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Great day, those storms are fascinating. Ouch, poor lady at CityWalk but totally weird happenings afterwards ! Great day at IOA, love Confisco, great place to eat.Seussland is so good, Andy and I love going round here much to the embarrassment of our teens. What a nice day x
haha, Even if we didn't have Poppy I'd have been in here too Amanda, I love it

Originally Posted by colzo100 View Post
Great day. There's something strangely nice about being back at the villa after a day at the parks and there's a storm outside!
That is sooo true Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
fab day
Thanks for following

Originally Posted by beck_loz View Post
Fab day. X
Thanks for reading a long

Originally Posted by 4andcounting View Post
Sounds like a great day, looking forward to reading more!
Thanks for reading

Colette
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great day.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 14, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Great day.
Thanks Carole

Colette