Old 25 Jul 14, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 8
The Unexpected Trip Day 6 – Soarin

So after a long and brilliant day yesterday, today we would be going to EPCOT. We love there; the attractions, World Showcase, Spaceship Earth, everything. That said, the day began at 4:30am (with Jake waking at 2:45 for a drink). We all were up and ready at 7:15am with the boys having breakfast in the room. Breakfast for me was a waffle and a cheese Danish, Maria went for rice krispies as did Joseph and mum went for bagels.

We were at the bus stop and straight on with no-one else on board which was great. The park didn’t open until 9am so we were there in plenty of time. I think we were 7th in line! Time passed with us watching the monorail trains passing by and we were soon let in at 9am. FP+s’ were already booked for the day (as with everyday) so we made a dash not for Soarin or Test Track but to the EPCOT Character Spot as we knew what happens if you get there and are first in line!

Bus trip

I made a run with Joseph and at the door was a CM saying that this was the Character Spot. I let him know that we wanted to get there on time and were waiting for the rest of the party to catch up. Maria, mum and Jake soon caught up with us and we waited for about 10 minutes then this chap came bounding down the corridor….

… with Joseph watching him come along with Mickey and Minnie! The boys were excited. Mickey and Minnie took Joseph by the hand while Goofy goofed around and took the stroller away from mum and walked it down to the meeting area. We all had a photo together and yet again, they made us feel like we were the only family there. We then had photos separately with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy….

Mmmmmmm...

Pure happiness!

….then headed out the exit. The boys loved it. Jake especially liked eating Minnie’s nose. It was now time for Soarin and we had FP+s’ for it. We headed on over to The Land and parked the strollers up outside. Heading in, down the stairs to the busy area, we arrived at the FP+ entrance to Soarin and obtained the baby swap ticket which was good as it meant that we could hop straight back on after. First to ride was me, Maria and Joseph. As with Star Tours, this was Joseph’s first time in this attraction so he didn’t quite know what to expect. We assured him that he would love flying through the air. Just like with Star Tours, he loved it and was eager to get back on. After arriving back on the ground, we went and met up with nana and Jake who were sat on some benches at the exit. Maria took Jake and nana came with me and Joseph back through the FP+ line. Mum also had never been on this before so didn’t quite know what to expect. I made sure that she knew it was nothing like the Tower of Terror!

I think she enjoyed it as she was saying how good it was to Joseph and they talked about it walking back to where Maria and Jake were. Nappy change was needed so Maria did the honours while we were in the sky. After meeting back up, we had a FP+ for The Seas with Nemo and Friends so off we went out of the Land Pavilion, around the corner to the familiar sound of ‘Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine’.

We entered the FP+ line and boarded within seconds. Mum had never seen this before but I don’t think she thought much about it as when we exited, Joseph wanted to go again and she waited for us. Back through the line we went, I think it is really great how you go from the beach, to just under the surface of the water with the ‘butt’ on the water, then boarding your clam on the sea bed. Through the fantastic little attraction and then arriving at the exit where we took a walk around, having a look at all the fish there. Joseph found Dory but couldn’t find Nemo!

It was getting to the time where stomachs began to rumble so we decided to eat at one of our favourite spots, Sunshine Seasons. We love eating here as they have a great variety of food and relatively healthy things to pick from too, not that we would be eating healthy today! Maria went for the Sweet & Sour Chicken, I went for the Mongolian Beef with noodles, Joseph had a Pizza sandwich and I think mum went for a salad. For pudding, a Whoopie pie! Needless to say yet again, the food was brilliant and we really enjoyed it. Jake decided it was a good idea to eat the table which was rather odd! The Whoopie Pie was amazing!

Lunch time!

Whoopie yummy pie!

After a rather enjoyable lunch, we decided to head around the world via Innoventions and Mouse Gear. Inside Mouse Gear, I found a great car window sticker which was the ‘My other car is a Doom Buggy’. It had to be brought along with a really nice baseball cap I had seen as the heat was getting stronger as the holiday went on so needed to cover the dome!

Boy do I love this place!

EPCOT can be such a beautiful park.

Just amazing to stop and smell the roses (even though these aren't roses).

So, on to the bridge where you can be recruited by the O.W.A.C.A (Organization With A Cooler Ancronym) and join Agent P on his World Showcase Adventure to stop the evil Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz. Before joining, we could not miss a play in the fountains for Joseph and even Jake had a little play! I attempted to get another great photo like I did on our last trip of Joseph playing. I got a few but not on par with the one from before.

WDW Onsite - May 09 (Honeymoon) - May 12 - Feb 14
Offsite hotels around Orlando - May 91, Mar 00, Mar 02, Apr 05, June 06
Jezzerinos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 14, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Once the boys were reasonably soaked, we got them changed at the BabyCare Centre and then off on our first mission from Major Monogram in Mexico. Jake decided now was a good time for a kip. No spoilers will be given about Agent P’s missions in this trippie but lets just say it is brilliant and you should definitely do it as it’s free to do! After the first mission was complete, we went on a calm boat trip in the Gran Fiesta Tour starring The Three Caballeros. I had not seen this since they added the Three Caballeros but we quite enjoyed it hearing the music and the calmness of the ride.

Afterwards, we went outside and just around the corner of the pyramid, Donald Duck was having meet and greets so we joined the line. 15 minute wait and it was the boys turn to have their cuddle and autograph. Joseph ran up to Donald and gave a big hug which went on…….. and on………….. and on…………… and on. It was a good 5-10 minute hug from the famous Duck and when Donald eventually let Joseph get up (yes Donald was the one that wouldn’t let go) Jake had a grab of his beak. Autographs and photo’s taken, we ventured on to Norway.

The longest hug in the world!

We went in and saw the huuuuuuuuuuuge line for the Frozen characters (approximately 5 hours but ended up being 7 hours at the end of the day). Maria and mum went and sat on a bench overlooking the beautiful World Showcase lagoon while Joseph and I went on another mission to stop Doof once more. While we were on this mission, two characters came out from the back of the Norway pavilion and waved at Joseph as they walked past. Now, at the time we hadn’t seen Frozen but I had an inkling that they were the stars from the film. Since we have been back, Frozen has been watched many a time and we are all huge fans of the film and I realise that we saw Anna & Elsa!

Anyway, mission complete, we went and found Maria and mum with a very awake and happy Jake and decided that it was now time for an ice cream as it was rather warm now. Those consumed quickly, Jake went back to sleep so mum stayed with him on the bench while Maria, Joseph and I went to do another mission in China. It didn’t take us too long and as we were on the way back, I grabbed a beer. We got back and Jake was awake and crying, Maria picked him up and he stopped and gave some big smiles (think he missed his mummy).

Nanna time!

On further around the world and we stopped at the African Outpost for a coke. As I looked at the offerings, I noticed that they do a Doofenslurper (an amazing strawberry slushie topped with a passion fruit foam) in a Doof science beaker which you keep. It…… was…….. brilliant! It wasn’t too sweet and really refreshing. I highly recommend it. While I was enjoying my slushie goodness, Joseph was having fun banging on the African drums.

On to Germany and there was another mission to stop Doof so Joseph and I went and completed that while the ladies shopped. The missions are brilliant as not only are you taken into the world of Phineas and Ferb but you are taken further into each of the World Showcase Pavilions which means you get to see all the great details and hard work the Imagineers have done to make these areas as authentic as possible.

Mission complete, we re-grouped and headed round to Italy where we had a browse around the shops and then on to America for dinner as we were all getting a little hungry. I went for the Chicken BLT, Maria went for a children’s grilled chicken sandwich and Joseph went for pasta (his favourite food). Mum I believe went for a chicken salad.

After enjoying our food, we noticed that time was getting on and nearing the boys bedtime so we strolled round to the UK pavilion for a quick look around and then decided it was time to head back to the hotel.

The drummers were in full swing!

Ready for the Flower and Garden Festival

Wandering back through Future World and seeing the floor tiles light up as you walk over them was just a nice effect that I bet a lot of people don’t notice.

Back at the bus stop, we waited around 15 minutes for the bus. It arrived and we were on and back at the hotel in no time. Bath done and Duffy story on, the boys were tucked into bed and sleeping not long after. Weather channel or news was put on but can’t really remember as we fell asleep not long after it was put on!

Today was a great day. The boys had loads of fun playing in the fountains, having the special meet and greet with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. Joseph really enjoyed Soarin and doing the missions with Agent P. We really love EPCOT Center, wandering around World Showcase experiencing all the different cultures with the CM’s is brilliant. Tomorrow would be another brilliant day (like there was any bad days! )!

Edited at 07:35 AM. Reason: Added a link to Day 7
Jezzerinos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 14, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great day with lovely photos.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 14, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Some more fab tips...whoopie pies and character spot...ace! :-)
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 14, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fantastic pictures x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 14, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for sharing ... That whoopie pie looks amazing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Loving your reports Jezza, you have a lovely family. So cute to see them with the characters.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Great day with lovely photos.
Thank you very much. It was a brilliant day but the best was yet to come!

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Some more fab tips...whoopie pies and character spot...ace! :-)
It's really nice to hear that I'm helping others with tips etc. Glad to help and thank you for reading along.

Originally Posted by beck_loz View Post
Fantastic pictures x
Thank you very much, I think I may have got a little fancy with some of them!

Originally Posted by Disneyrules1975 View Post
Thanks for sharing ... That whoopie pie looks amazing
The Whoopie Pie was soooo goooood! The cream cheese with chocolate chip and red velvet sponge (basically all of it ) was one of the nicest cakes we had there! If you can find it, get it!

Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
Loving your reports Jezza, you have a lovely family. So cute to see them with the characters.
Thank you very much. The troublesome two can be very cute when they want to be ! Thank you for the really nice comment and glad you're enjoying it. There's plenty more to come.
Old 27 Jul 14, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

lovely pics. we never really "got" epcot
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cookie family View Post
lovely pics. we never really "got" epcot
We love EPCOT. Just strolling through each country and enjoying the CM's there from their respective countries is really nice.

Future World and the pavilions around it are fantastic. As I say, it is such a beautiful park with some great attractions too. We just enjoy taking our time and taking in the atmosphere (plus the numerous cake/snack related items).