Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Aug 14, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

The following morning we were at IOA and headed to the Croissant Moon bakery. We just missed breakfast and Robert was disappointed as he fancied the breakfast burrito. We both got a cold sandwichey type thing which came with melon and potato salad. I really enjoyed the potato salad!

I had ham and cheese croissant -

Robert had a sub roll with turkey and cheese

It was BOILING so we stopped for a frozen icee thing.

My blue raspberry one was delicious, and Robert says his was too. I think his may have been strawberry kiwi.

Later that afternoon Robert decided to try a turkey leg which he ate as we hid from the rain. At the time he loved it, but later on he felt really ill and blamed it on how oily it was. They do taste good but seem to be pumped full of oil to keep them juicy.

I went to DTD on my own that night as Robert wasn't feeling great. I initially just went to get food but i ended up wandering round the shops for hours!

I was dying to try the Holiday Sandwich at Earl of Sandwich and oh my goodness it was so worth the giant queue.

Inside shot - looks like a bit of a car crash but my goodness it was tasty.

I went to the candy place at the marketplace and I couldn't decide so I got all three of these. I didn't realise at the time though that big giant Krispy treats were only $1 more than the pre- packeted smaller krispie treats. Would have been better value for money.

I ate the mallow treat when I got back to the hotel, oh gosh it was so good. I had had a great evening of eating between this and my holiday sandwich. I brought Robert back a banana haha.

The following morning we were due to go to the beach and dolphin trip but it was a massive storm outside and weather reports said the beach was the same and was due to be like that all day. While we debated what to do I ate half my cupcake for breakfast. I gave Robert the krispie treat.

Bit squished but delish -

Krispie close up -

We headed to the Florida mall and I already knew it would be Five Guys for lunch. These burgers were pretty awesome but I decided today I wasn't eating another burger for the rest of the trip.

My gosh people are NOT kidding when they say you should share fries. We got large but we didn't even manage them all!

This was them spread over our 2 portions and there was still some in the cup...

Robert declared five guys as the best burger of the holiday. So it lived up to the hype for us

That evening we walked to Ale House for drinks and dinner. I started with another mango mojito and Robert got a bucket of beers. We asked to just have drinks and order food in a bit coz we weren't very hungry yet.

Eventually we were a bit more hungry so I ordered teriyaki chicken with onion rings (couldn't face more fries! ) this was really nice.

Robert went for chicken fajitas. He enjoyed this but said I do better fajitas at home.

At the end of our meal we were still ordering drinks but our server wanted to cash us out if that was ok because she was finishing her shift. This was fine so we paid up, and then we were passed onto another server.

We only ordered one beer from her that cost $3.25 and I left a 10 on the table. When she came to collect it I said "just take $5" meaning 5 in total. Maybe it's not the phrase they would use in America but it caused all kinds of confusion.

She came back a few minutes later and handed us $1. I looked at her blankly and was like "no, I want 5 back. I said take 5" She said "yeah, you wanted to give me 5 dollars tip?" Eh no, who gives $5 on a $3 beer? Plus if I HAD meant for her to take $5 she still owed me 75c.

If she'd given me the 1.75 I might have believed it was a genuine mistake but I think she was at it. I was a bit tipsy and ranted on about it for ages until Robert told me to give it a rest haha

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 14, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I can't see any pics. Gutted cos it all sounds so good!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 14, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Ooh I can see them now - fab report so far !
Old 18 Aug 14, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

The next day was Kennedy Space centre. We had to stop for petrol so decided to get some snacks in the garage to keep us going til we got there.

Robert chose this wrap, but only ate half of it. Said it was really dry.

I made better selections and had a lunchables -

And some cheese and grapes, and apples with caramel dip. These were really yummy!

I intended for these 2 to keep me going until dinner tonight.

At KSC Robert was hungry as he'd only eaten half of that wrap. So he got a burger, which I don't seem to have a photo of! Fail! And I was actually feeling peckish too so I got a kids meal of chicken strips. The kids meal came with 2 and the adults has 3. I got a fountain drink but when I got to the bit to pay the woman told me I could have got a small included with the kids meal.

These were pretty good actually

That night was house of blues - we had a restaurant.com voucher for $50 on a minimum spend of $100. Luckily alcohol was included so we could make up our spend that way hehe!

I started with a marg on the rocks, Robert had beers.

Sorry the photos are really dark here - I hate using my flash for food pics and it was dark inside.

We started with chicken wings to share - I think Robert has already nabbed one when I took this pic! The Asian slaw was yummy.

For entree, I had the adobo rubbed pork chop but I asked to sub the "black eyed pea and butternut squash picadillo" for mash. She said she would get some veg on there too. This was SO delicious, one of my favourite meals of the holiday. So so good. I don't even know what adobo is/means but it was amazing.

Robert had the New York strip steak, which he also really enjoyed. He doesn't like onions so I robber his bourbon onions and they went really well with my meal too.

I then had a frozen daiquiri, which was yummy but took me ages to drink because it was so cold. I guess frozen cocktails are better for outdoor drinking because they melt a bit while you drink hehe.

On the walk back to the hotel I stopped at the candy shop for another one of those mallow on a stick treats. Yum yum! (No pic sorry but it was same as the last one).

Next morning we went to breakfast at Denny's. Robert really wanted to go because we love breaking bad (if you watch it you'll get that). We were told 15 minutes wait but it was only about 5. Again I don't seem to have a pic of Roberts but I got a breakfast with French toast. Can't remember what it was called on the menu.

We were at Animal kingdom that day and about 5pm I decided it was time for a cocktail! I hunted down a frozen marg and was delighted to find they had mango flavour! This was SO GOOD. I really want one right now!

We walked over to crossroads that night and went to TGIs. We had a while to wait so ordered drinks at the bar. I had another daiquiri. Robert had a beer of some variety.

After a while we were seated. I fancied just having an appetiser sampler as I really wanted the pot stickers, potato skins and the pretzel sticks. Annoyingly though the sampler HAS to have chicken wings on it, so I ordered the pot stickers as an appetiser on their own. Robert got boneless wings.

I love love love the pot stickers here.

No picture of Roberts wings, I suspect he was starting to get annoyed with me making him wait every time his food came haha. But here is his burger. Those are fried jalapeños on top.

And my sampler - with boneless buffalo wings, pretzel sticks with beer cheese dip and potato skins. Everything was good but nothin was amazing. The pretzel sticks were a bit greasy. And the skins seemed like they'd been deep fried they were so crispy. I didn't manage all the wings but I wasn't fussed, I'd only taken them because I had to!

During dinner I had a mango mojito despite it not being on the menu. The bar said they would give it a go but they put in a bit much mango concentrate and it was a bit too sweet. After dinner I had another frozen daiquiri coz I couldn't decide what else to get but I was actually a bit full to properly enjoy it. Waddled home feeling fat hehe.

Trippie June 2024
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 14, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Did you find it easy or hard to use the $100 at house of blues,i have voucher as well,but thought with only two of us it probadly wouldnt work
Old 19 Aug 14, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh I do love a good food report. Nice one
Old 20 Aug 14, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Love your report! Hungry now!
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel2006
Imagineer

ariel2006's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
LOVE the report so far. It has made me soooo hungry, and sooooo excited

You are a girl after my own heart with all the cocktails Did you love the Magical Star? That was my fave cocktail today drink, and sell when I worked there. If one person had one, everyone wanted one. We used to visit Buffalo Wild Wings and that TGIs a lot after work. Was is strange being back? did Robert love it?

Adventures of An Ex Cast-Member & Disney Virgin ~ Pre-trippie ;April-May 2008 ~ Villa, RPR, CSR (Trip Report); July/August 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Miami; January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; July 1998 - I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale - 2 weeks; Trippies; Our Spooky DLP Celebration ~ Halloween 2008; Cowboys, Chicken and Country Music ~ Tennessee Adventure 2008
ariel2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 14, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Really good food report.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 14, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
Did you find it easy or hard to use the $100 at house of blues,i have voucher as well,but thought with only two of us it probadly wouldnt work
We had a shared starter, our 2 mains worked out about $50 alone, plus a few alcoholic drinks each and we achieved it easily. If not drinking alcohol it would be tricky! Or if you were to go for a cheaper entree.

Originally Posted by disneyoli View Post
Oh I do love a good food report. Nice one
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Firstxmastrip View Post
Love your report! Hungry now!
I get hungry writing it too hehe. Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by ariel2006 View Post
LOVE the report so far. It has made me soooo hungry, and sooooo excited

You are a girl after my own heart with all the cocktails Did you love the Magical Star? That was my fave cocktail today drink, and sell when I worked there. If one person had one, everyone wanted one. We used to visit Buffalo Wild Wings and that TGIs a lot after work. Was is strange being back? did Robert love it?
Yeah the magical star was lush, I had quite a few glowtinis as well though! It was really weird being back yeh, everything felt so familiar yet so far away. I miss it so so much

Robert loved America in general, not so much disney. I think he would have loved disney more if it weren't so busy and the weather wasn't so hot, but as I'm a teacher we're stuck with summer holidays really

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Really good food report.
Thanks for reading! More coming up this afternoon

Trippie June 2024