Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Sep 14, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Chazy & Ben Go Back To The West Coast - San Diego To Anaheim Sun 14th Sept

We woke about 7 and were finally ready to leave about 9am! At check out they tried to charge us for the complimentary breakfast! After wasting time we headed to the trolley station and were pretty much straight on a trolley at half 9. We got to Santa Fe and checked in at the Amtrak booth. We were delighted to know there was no checked baggage on this train so we have to cart it on ourselves! This I was dreading! I've read various reports where people have had problems getting off at Anaheim! We asked the ticket conductor what the stop before Anaheim would be which was Santa Ana so we made sure to be ready to get up then. It was pretty easy to get our bag and off. We arrived at 1pm and walked through to find the exit (in the direction of the Angels stadium) and used the phone in the amtrak office to call a taxi.

We didn't wait long and the taxi cost $13 inc tip. The room wasn't ready so we left our bags and headed into the park just before 2pm. Boy it's hot today!

It cost $30 each to upgrade our citypass. We stopped in at Disneyland first and grabbed a hot dog from Caseys.

These came with crisps.

We shared a large cherry sprite and it came to $18.

We wandered in a few shops to escape the heat and then headed to Downtown Disney. We had a look in the Disneyland Hotel and stopped in Trader Sams for cocktails. I had magic star and Ben had shipwreck on the rocks ($36 inc tip)

From there we walked back to the hotel about 5pm.

We unpacked and freshened up and left the room about 7pm.

The temperature had cooled down. We popped into California Adventure and I had to get a balloon!

We then went to Disneyland and had dinner at Riverbelle Terrace about half 8 for convenience.

Ben had beef, I had turkey, we shared a red velvet cake and I brought a refillable drink. It came to $42.

We watched the fireworks and then Suburban Legends. We made it to 11:30 before we gave up and walked back to the hotel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 14, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Yaay, Disney! Another busy but fun-filled day. Lovely pic of you both in front of the castle. Are you staying at Sheraton Anaheim resort-I'm sure I recognise that balcony and view . Lovely hotel, brings back many happy memories for us
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 14, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mmmm. Red velvet cake.
Loving the Oswald ears Chazy!
Old 18 Sep 14, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
Yaay, Disney! Another busy but fun-filled day. Lovely pic of you both in front of the castle. Are you staying at Sheraton Anaheim resort-I'm sure I recognise that balcony and view . Lovely hotel, brings back many happy memories for us
Aw thank you! Yes we are! It's a lovely hotel, nice walk to the parks too - no waiting for shuttles!
Old 18 Sep 14, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Mmmm. Red velvet cake.
Loving the Oswald ears Chazy!
It was yummy! Hehe thanks! It was nice to see more Oswald merch in the park!
Old 2 Oct 14, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Yay Disney! Lovely day, like your hat. We went to Trader Sam's loved the atmosphere and cocktails there

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 14, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lovedisney89 View Post
Yay Disney! Lovely day, like your hat. We went to Trader Sam's loved the atmosphere and cocktails there
Hehe love Oswald! Trader Sams is fabulous! What did you have?
Old 4 Oct 14, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
Love your oswald ears, I couldn't wait to get mine back in 2012. And those balloons last forever! I had to let mine go but I kept the mickey weight on the bottom x

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 14, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sweetemotion View Post
Love your oswald ears, I couldn't wait to get mine back in 2012. And those balloons last forever! I had to let mine go but I kept the mickey weight on the bottom x
I forgot about wanting to go on rides before I brought the balloon so it ended up just sat in our hotel :-( We let it down and kept it for the memory book lol
Old 5 Oct 14, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Catching back up on this now we are back. Good day, you did so well with all the public transport!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List