Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Oct 14, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessLola
Imagineer

Experiment 626 August 2014 Day 7 The one with the bibbidi bobbidi boutique

Sunday 24th August

today was the day! The day I was most excited about. Today we were celebrating Evie's birthday in style a day early! She turns four tomorrow but poor planning on my part ment that I had got us changing hotels on Evie's birthday so the real birthday celebrations were today and we were going to do it in style
I had rang at the exact hour I could to book Evie into bibbidi bobbidi I was determined she would do it this time after missing it last time. She was too young! I had decided after much deliberation on an early slot at magic kingdom Cinderellas castle. Midday can be abit hit or miss with Evie as she's an early riser and gets tired so we booked a 10 o clock slot to ensure we weren't rushing. In hind sight a 9 o'clock booking would of been better as we could of got that much wanted empty Main Street shot but as I say there's always next time
so we arrived at Magic kingdom and had 45 mins to go till our slot (I intended to turn up early as it requested) the queue for Cinderella and Rapunzel was short so we did that as we hadn't met Rapunzel yet this trip. I didn't want to do a ride incase it broke down and we were late.

so we got to The bibbidi bobbidi boutique and Evie was so overwhelmed. she was handed an invitation and took a seat in the waiting room.
we had stated we wanted the full package as it was a birthday treat and we wanted it to be super special.A lady came over and asked her which princess dress she fancied. It was always going to be Cinderella there wasn't even any hesitation. My concern is that Evie finds some dresses itchy so I said could she try it first but Evie insisted it wasn't itchy. The dress her age was abit short and snug so we decided to go for the next size up and the lady secured the back abit with an elastic band but it was otherwise perfect and she was so happy. She was soon seated at her beauty chair.

And something happened to Evie that Iv never known happen before-she was speechless and pretty much stayed that way the whole time!she looks unhappy on the pictures but I promise she was having an amazing time I think she was just so overwhelmed like it was a dream. She didn't move!she literally was lost for words! She does dancing and shows so having abit of makeup on is not new to her as she wears abit of stage makeup for her shows. The makeup was very subtle and she loved having her nails done. I had been dreading her having her done as she's fussy but she was fine and she picked the disney Diva with the extensions. Soon she was all done up with pixie dust sprinkled over her and it was time for the big reveal.

Her face lit up and it was so nice to see her so happy. She thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and it was nice to see Cam be so excited for her too and look on with a big smile. She was very excited to get the pink backpack and she insisted on wearing it. We went over to castle couture where she had some photos taken as these were included.

We decided to do a princess ride so we rode the little mermaid again with the boys and she was getting such a fuss of cast members and other guests.she was loving the attention. We then went back to meet Cinderella again for some more pictures. This was really magical.

It was after this that Evie's mood turned (about midday) and I felt so thankful id booked the BBB earlier!we went do pick up the pictures these were the ones we chose

She had a sleep in her pram and we went to sit in the shade at Casey's corner and we all had a hotdog. We decided after this to leave the park but before leaving we went to go queue for Tinker bell.

It had been a busy and excited morning and we had a reservation at Be our guest for 5pm so we wanted to have a rest beforehand. they didn't go swimming as I didn't want Evie's hair to get ruined just yet! There was a small storm anyway.
Evie changed into her Anna coronation dress for a change of look. The Cinderella dress was fab but it was so glittery and was getting everywhere. On the bus I got chatting to a lady who had taken her daughter to bibbidi bobbidi boutique and the tea party at grand Floridian. I really fancy that next time!
so we got to magic kingdom and it was abit rainy. We headed to Be our guest for our reservation.

I was pleased to find we had been seated in the main hall near the window.

we enjoyed the meal and our waiter was lovely. He was abit ditzy though and kept forgetting things but really nice! At the end of the meal we were served desert which came out in a special tray to the table.

We picked the grey stuff and the cupcake. the waiter then brought over a special birthday grey stuff for Evie which was super special.

I'm a big beauty and the beast fan. Belle is one of my favourites but Iv got to say we tried the grey stuff and it wasn't delicious hehe it was very un impressive and I don't think cam finished his. overall though a fab meal and We went to see the west wing afterwards and then went to queue for a picture with the Beast which I was so pleased about. I didn't know he would be there for a picture.

We then decided we really wanted to go on the mine train again so we queued for an hour for it. This turned out to be abit of a mistake as it felt like ages! We then went on thunder and Cam and Jay went on splash while we did thunder another time. Evie was really now loving thunder mountain.we then walked round to fantasyland and I got abit adventurous and took Evie on it's a small world forgetting how long the ride was! As we came off we heard Jimminy crickets voice and I panicked we had a Garden view fastpass and I wasn't completely sure where to go for it! Got abit stressed at this point but we found it just in the nick of time and loved the view from the garden! We watched wishes and as always I cried.
We finished the night with a ride on buzz lightyear space ranger spin which Evie loved. Never knew why she liked this but not toy story! Kids hey! As we were leaving I saw the cartoon show on the castle I really don't know what it's called but it had frozen on and wreck it Ralph. Jay wasn't really interested and was desperate to get to the bus stop before it got busy I was abit annoyed as I really wanted to watch it but as Elsa say I 'let it go' as I didn't want to spoil a very special day.

tomorrow we change hotels and head off to the Hard Rock hotel. Jay also drives for the first time in the USA eek

Edited at 11:18 PM.
PrincessLola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 14, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Really lovely day. Evie looks gorgeous and I am so jealous of her princess wardrobe.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 14, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessLola
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Really lovely day. Evie looks gorgeous and I am so jealous of her princess wardrobe.
Thanks me too she loves dressing up!
PrincessLola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 14, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post

WOW ! I want to be like Evie too! It was worth the wait for such a great day. I am seriously coveting that wardrobe too

Read day 8 - look forward to hearing about your return to MK.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 14, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessLola
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by brinbunny View Post
WOW ! I want to be like Evie too! It was worth the wait for such a great day. I am seriously coveting that wardrobe too

Read day 8 - look forward to hearing about your return to MK.
:-) me too she has a much better wardrobe than me! We do end up returning to the magic kingdom as planned the next week
Old 3 Oct 14, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fortytwo
Proud to wear my Ears

What a lovely day, great way to celebrate a 4th birthday. Im sure it will be a great memory for Evie x
Fortytwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 14, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessLola
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
What a lovely day, great way to celebrate a 4th birthday. Im sure it will be a great memory for Evie x
Thanks was super special
Old 4 Oct 14, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a fantastic day

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 14, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Love the photo of Evie and Cinderella pointing their toes. Great day

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 14, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessLola
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Love the photo of Evie and Cinderella pointing their toes. Great day
Thanks that's one of my favourites special moment