theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
$100 a day returns - all new for 2014

$100 a day returns – all new for 2014

The cast

DH 40 – burger lover doesn’t do seafood or mushrooms

Me 39 – will try most things, chief planner

DD – 8 ¾ - not adventurous, happy with kids meals

Prior to setting off I signed up for a number of coupons via restaurant email clubs. I did one sign up in early September and then another a couple of days before we flew. I made sure that I entered DH's birthday as he turned 40 shortly before we flew. It was also our 21 year anniversary of being together and I included that also.

Day 1 Friday 17th

Breakfast

Manchester airport T2 foodcourt

We usually have breakfast at Frankie and Bennys and I’d printed a 15% off coupon from eatdrinkandfly.com. However DH didn’t fancy it so we ate at the terminal 2 foodcourt instead.

They did a deal of a cooked breakfast, toast and coffee for £10 so we shared one of those plus DD had a £3.99 kids breakfast. Coffee was all you could drink and help yourself to refills. Fine nothing fantastic. Sorry no pics!

Cost $22ish

Lunch

Plane food Thomson Dreamliner premium

Food was fine. We had choice of sausages or thai chicken curry. DD was given sausages as the kids meal. Plus 2 dessert pots and cheese and biscuits.

Before landing they served afternoon tea – an egg roll, cheese roll, scone and a small chocolate cake.

Alcoholic and soft drinks were included too.

Cost $ included in ticket price

Dinner

Flippers pizza – kirkman road

We had a takeaway from flippers. They are a local pizza chain we have been to several times before. Large 16 inch vesuvio pizza $23.99 and DD had a kids cheese pizza which came with a drink (she had pepsi) for $4.99. No pics of DD’s as she ate it all in the car.No tip needed as takeaway.

Cost $28

Other stuff

Got 3 refill mugs from the foodcourt valid for length of stay $17.99 each plus tax

$57.48

These could be used at the coke freestyle or normal refill machines at the resort. Plus for icees (slushies), coffee – they had normal and a really nice French vanilla creamer and hot choc which DD liked.

Total Day 1

$107.48

That included refill mugs that were used each day

Edited at 11:17 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 14, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh
Another dining on a budget
Looking forward to this
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 14, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Donald & goofy
Trading Disney Pins

I love your food reports xx
Old 27 Oct 14, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Subscribing love good food and cost savings report
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 14, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Squeezelou
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Following with interest!

DLP Newport Bay Club Aug 2010
DLP Disneyland Hotel Oct 2012
WDW Villa Nov 2014
WDW Rosen Hotel May 2018
Squeezelou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 14, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Really looking forward to another fab report! You are too kind to us xx
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 14, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Day 2 Saturday 18th October

Breakfast

Denny's International Drive

We were up early due to the time difference. Plan was Ihop as I had a free breakfast coupon for joining the email club. Due to the roadworks on I drive DH needed to go past and u turn. We saw a Dennys open. Having not been for 6 years decided to give it a try.

DH has moons over myhammy breakfast sandwich. Me one of the specials which was 2 pumpkin pancakes, hash browns, bacon and eggs. DD had a kids breakfast and chose chocolate milk for her included drink. DH and I had coffee.

Food and service was good. Never had pumpkin pancakes before they tasted of cinnamon. Couldn’t manage both pancakes though.

I did have a 20% off coupon for joining the club on their website so used that. I keep the coupons in a folder in the car so I always have them with us.

At Dennys you leave the tip on the table – so you tip on the full check then pay at the cash register. They knocked the 20% off at the cash register.

Cost inc tip $25

Snack

Universal Lard lad donuts

We shared a big pink donut mid morning $5.32 inc tax. Tasted more like cake to me – DD loved this.

Lunch

Bubba Gump, Universal Citiwalk

This was our first time here. I’d bought the Landry’s select club card from their website in September. Landrys own Bubba gumps, rainforest café, t rex and yak & yeti. The card cost $25 but they credit $25 to it. It came by post from the US within 10 days or so. I bought the card in DH’s name as they credit $25 extra in your birthday month and it was his birthday a few days before our hols. They emailed at the start of his birthday month to say the extra credit was on and it was available all month to spend. You also get points and priority seating.

So we had $50 on the card to spend.

It was just before noon and quiet but I showed the card at the desk and they seated us straightaway as select club members. We also got a nice table overlooking citiwalk.

I saw a hail mary hurricane drink on the menu which I fancied so had that – it was almost midday! I paid extra to have the souvenir mason glass. At the end you show your receipt in the shop and they give you a clean boxed glass to take home. Drink and glass were $13.98.
DH had mountain dew and DD pepsi.

I had the coconut shrimp which were really tasty and plump. Came with fries, coleslaw and orange marmalade dip. I ate the shrimp but couldn’t fit in the fries.

DD had kids mac and cheese which came in a cardboard boat with fries, blue jelly and a piece of orange.

DH doesn’t do seafood and had a chicken cordon blue sandwich with fries which was ok.

The card covered the food (with $4 left on the card). I just paid for the alcoholic drink and tip.

Cost on the day $23 + cost of card $25 total $48 inc tip

Dinner

Steak and Shake SR 535 nr Crossroads

Our second time here. It was busy as it was a Saturday night. I’d bought a $10 giftcard off their website as it gave you a free milkshake worth $3.48 and I knew we planned eating here. I was able to print the card and coupon off.

I had a turkey sandwich and coleslaw. They brought it with fries by mistake so I got to keep those and coleslaw too. I had the special smores milkshake which was gorgeous.

DD had a kids cheeseburger meal and a kids mint and oreo milkshake which she enjoyed.

DH had a burger, fries and soda.

Bill should have been $21.53. I left tip on table and went to pay at the register.

They knocked off DD’s meal as Kids eat free at the weekend, plus the coupon for my free milkshake and the giftcard. I paid $6.73!

Steak and shake isn’t fancy but the food is nice and the milkshakes delicious. Plus the prices are cheaper than many fast food places. We planned to go back but didn’t manage to squeeze it in. I did spot one near Sanford airport so will go there enroute to the airport next time.

Total inc gift card I bought and tip $21

Other
Minion refill mug Universal

$17.03 inc tax

This came with a soft drink then refills were $1. The cup could be reused on other days in both universal and Islands of adventure plus DD wanted it as a souvenir. This was for normal refills of coke etc not the coke freestyle.

Coke freestyle refill mug

This was $12.77 inc tax for 1 day and half price to reactivate it on other days.

You helped yourself at coke freestyle stations in the park. It wasn’t a good buy today as we ended up not staying in the park all day but we did use it a lot some days. DD liked making concoctions in it.

Total $129.12

Again the refill mugs were re-usable each day

Edited at 11:22 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 14, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Subscribing to this as I love your reports.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 14, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I always love your reports and you have reviewed some placed I fancy trying next time over. Your dd has really grown since your last review.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great report so far!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List