Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hotdogs and Hiccups ...Pre Trip Easter 2015

Pre trip report Easter 2015

27th March to 11th April 2015

So this is the first trip report I have ever written. I have read many others and enjoyed them all so thought I would give it a go. Not sure how far I will get as I will probably forget to make notes and not sure DH will appreciate me taking photos of food all the time so may not get many of those.

So this is our crew

Me (Sarah) 48 part time GP receptionist/admin (20 hours per week) and part time stay at home mum (148 hours) This will be my 5th trip to Florida. I am the main planner and organiser of the holidays, and most obsessed out of us all. Often watching youtube or here on the dibb reading other trip reports.

DH (Adrian/Ade) 44 (yes a toyboy) IT genius also working within the NHS . He introduced me to Florida in 2002. This will be his 6th trip. He loves Florida as much as me and dreams of owning our own villa or even better moving there! Burger eater and main driver, although I do have a drive sometimes.

DS (Tom) 12 on this his 4th trip, although I was expecting him when we first went in 2002 so technically his 5th as he went on all the rides with me Loves going as much as us, usually ends up being sick for a day near the end of the holiday as he gets dehydrated. He swears he will drink more this time! Hates school, loves Lego, Disney Infinity, Minecraft (especially on you tube) We will do a hot dog count or chicken tender count for him as he is a fussy eater. Got introduced to steak on our last trip and loves that too

Well enough about us, let me tell you about the trip.

This was paid for out of some of my redundancy money. I was made redundant Sept 2013 from a job I had been in for 28 years. We went to Florida in the October 2013 and it was nice to come back knowing we would be booking straight back up again, it helped immensely with the Disney blues.

So we (I) decided to try DIY as had heard you could save money and get just what you want. I was a bit nervous arranging it all myself.

So first off was a Dibb Villa, I knew we had to get in quick with this as we would be going over school holidays at Easter and holidays usually get booked up early. Had information from tonnes of Dibb owners it was mind blowing trying to choose. In the end we went for one that was not the cheapest but looked really nice and was closer to Disney than we have ever stayed, we booked Orlando Dream Villa in Lindfields from joanneclaire. Then came the long wait for flights to become available as nothing else could be booked until we knew where we were flying from/to.

Flights – ended up booking indirect flights with Air Canada for £586 per person. From Heathrow to Toronto to Tampa. This route came about as found out that the new school Tom would be attending has a training day on the Friday 27th March so we could fly then and it was slightly cheaper, but as we could not get the villa until the Saturday we decided to spend a night at Clearwater Beach. A few niggles during the months before the holiday as Air Canada changed our flight times and connections a number of times.

Now that these were booked we could go ahead and book overnight hotels and car hire. US rentacars (Dollar) were the cheapest for our dates so booked an SUV from Tampa airport. Last trip we had a Chevy Equinox and loved it.

Would love to have this car again

Sheraton skyline booked for the night and Heathrow long stay car park for 15 days both for £79, via Hotels24seven. Will have to pay for 2 extra days at the car park on arrival.

Beachview Inn booked for our night in Clearwater, seaview suite no less, this cost more than the Sheraton and parking but heyho we are on holiday!

Park tickets –
4 day MYW with fun visits £662.55
14 day 2 park Universal ticket. £351.00
Last trip we did Seaworld, Busch and Aquatica but not the Disney water parks as we only had the MYW base ticket. The fun visits we plan to use are the 2 waterparks and possibly crazy golf and Disney quest.

Found out in January there may be a rocket launch while we are there so depending on what time it is scheduled for we may take a trip to Kennedy too as Tom and I have not been there. Adrian did on his first visit with his parents, and would like Tom to go before he is too much older

New things to try and do this time –
Disney Quest
Blizzard Beach
7DMT (fast pass dependent)
Dole Whip
Rip Ride Rocket
Get a fastpass for Toy Story Midway Mania (have never managed to get on this as not ever going to wait 90mins for a ride)
Go to a rodeo
Kennedy Space Centre
Eating at different restaurants

Busy day guide, park opening hours checked and plan started. And then the countdown commenced……

Then found out in the summer that friends we Floridayed with in 2010 will be going the same time and staying in a villa in Formosa Gardens so will be within taxi distance for some fun evenings. They are not doing Disney so we will probably not be going to any parks with them this time 

Well I did not know I could waffle so much hope you have not got too bored.

Update 8/3/15

Update

Last bit of planning now done with all Fast passes booked

Due to it being Easter and probably going to be so busy we have decided to do 2 of our 4 MYW days at MK doing one half of the park each time to save on our legs, and giving Animal Kingdom a miss this time.

MK trip no 1 – Buzz lightyear, Space Mountain and 7 DMT

DHS – Star Tours and TSMM.

Wanted Rockin Roller Coaster too but as DHS is tiered could not get that and TSMM

Epcot – Test Track , Mission Space and Spaceship Earth.

MK trip 2 - Jungle Cruise, PotC and BTMR

Have also had to apply for a replacement driving license for Adrian as he has lost his pink photo card Hoping it arrives in time.

Edited at 11:53 AM.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 15, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Looks good and not long to go now.

When you say you last went in October, do you mean October 2014?
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 15, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Looks good and not long to go now.

When you say you last went in October, do you mean October 2014?

LOl I wish no it was October 2013 maybe I need to amend
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 15, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Aah. I was feeling extra envious of you managing 2 trips within 6 months.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 15, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Really enjoyed reading your pretrippie Sarah and will be following your trip report for Easter as we go a similar time next year.
Have a wonderful holiday.
P.S. . . , that first picture lol you are really rockin the flower Afro xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 15, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading. We are hoping to go at Easter next time so will be interesting to see how busy it is.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 15, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant pre-trippie!

Looking forward to hearing about your Easter adventures.

DisneyMadMummy xx
DisneyMadMummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 15, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Really enjoyed reading your pretrippie Sarah and will be following your trip report for Easter as we go a similar time next year.
Have a wonderful holiday.
P.S. . . , that first picture lol you are really rockin the flower Afro xx
it is a goodun isn't it
Old 17 Feb 15, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
Looking forward to reading. We are hoping to go at Easter next time so will be interesting to see how busy it is.
Hi we have been at Easter before and it was busier then than the 2 times we have been in October, so we are expecting it to be busy this time. Hoping the new FP system will help us get on a few rides. We have never had 3 FP in a day before so could work out better for us.
Old 17 Feb 15, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyMadMummy View Post
Brilliant pre-trippie!

Looking forward to hearing about your Easter adventures.

DisneyMadMummy xx

Thank you for your kind words.