Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Apr 15, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Taking refund from credit card ?

Hi guys
I have recently been refunded for a purchase i made with my credit card .. i am now in credit to this amount on my credit card, does anyone know how i go about withdrawing this ? is it as simple as just a trip to the cash point, its just i dont want to get carged a transaction fee ?
sorry i might seem a little silly but never had this before, as any refunds have only been for small amounts and i have just left it on but this is a larger sum which i could use to pay towards holibobs

Thanks
Lisa x
Old 21 Apr 15, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Im not sure if it's the same, but I had a refund back to a card I no longer had (concert got cancelled and I had booked a year in advance) and I called the credit card company and they sent me a cheque. Could be worth trying?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I had a refund back to my credit card, and I just asked them to refund it back to my current account - they were happy to do this, didn't charge me anything and the money was in my account in a couple of days.
Old 21 Apr 15, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

If you want to to pay off some of your holiday, can't you do that via your credit card, eg, go into your TA or online and pay off some money using your credit card as the payment method?
The credit balance would then be wiped out by that transaction.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

thanks guys .. it was the spends that i am saving for
Lisa x
Old 21 Apr 15, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Just use the CC for some purchases that you would make anyway (weekly shop for example), then use the money you would have used for the purchase to save for your spends?
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 15, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Suffolk dad View Post
Just use the CC for some purchases that you would make anyway (weekly shop for example), then use the money you would have used for the purchase to save for your spends?
This is what I would suggest.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 15, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MyJo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Phone your CC provider and they will be able to pay it into your bank account for you.

Withdrawing cash would likely incur extra charges for you.
MyJo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 15, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

Depending who your credit card provider is, you will most likely have to pay a cash withdrawal fee and quite possibly interest (seems madness but some card providers charge this as it's cash) if you take cash out of the ATM.

I would advise, as others have said, use it for your weekly shopping/ spending until the credit balance is used up.
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 15, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MyJo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by WillSa6 View Post
Depending who your credit card provider is, you will most likely have to pay a cash withdrawal fee and quite possibly interest (seems madness but some card providers charge this as it's cash) if you take cash out of the ATM.

I would advise, as others have said, use it for your weekly shopping/ spending until the credit balance is used up.
Won't pay any interest as long as there there Isn't a balance on the card after the cash withdrawal is done but will be hit with a 3% cash advance fee on most cards
MyJo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread