Notices

Old 26 Apr 15, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Jordan's Surprise Trip- Pre-trippe

Hi everyone, we are 106 days away from our 17 night trip to Florida 😃, during the trip we will be staying for 3 nights at the Rosen inn nearest universal on I Drive and 14 night at CBR. We booked CBR at the release of free dining last year, so will have QSDP for the length of our stay and will pay OOP for ADRs.

There are three of us going this trip, myself (Emz) a 32 year old Disney fanatic who's favourite character is Minnie Mouse, DH Jon another 32 year old Disney fanatic who will be sampling all the peanut butter treats he can find whilst we are there 😝 and finally our DS Jordan who is 12 years old and loves Harry Potter + everything Disney.
Jordan thinks that we are going to Benidorm this year 😂 and is taking great pleasure in trying to make us jealous because he believes that he is the only family member visiting a Disney park anytime soon, as he will be going to DLP in June on a school trip.

We booked our stay at CBR with WDTC last April and were hunting for flights up until October, when we decided that as Jordan would enjoy Diagon alley so much we could fly out a few days earlier and use the time to do Universal. So we booked the Rosen Inn closest to Universal and the plan started to come together. We then booked the Raddison blu at Manchester airport during the January sales and only paid £30 for it as we had Expedia nectar vouchers.
Next we renewed our ESTAs and booked ADRs in February for Tusker house, Beaches & Cream and BOG lunch.

Our flights are with Delta, but operated by VA, via Atlanta. We have also managed to get an airport lounge free through Holiday Extras, thanks to a great tip off a very kind dibber 😀.

Also not forgetting our little Westie Toby (pictured with me below) will be staying with Jon's parents while we are away.

We have still got to book train tickets to get to Manchester airport and decide where to eat the night before we fly, as the restaurant at the Radisson doesn't really appeal to us and will be there on a Sunday evening so not sure how much choice we will have. if anyone has any tips then we would love to hear them 😀.
Our last task will be to book our fast passes and do online checkin.

I have also got to lose as much weight as possible before we go, have currently lost 3 stone thanks to slimming world and am going to keep going right up until we go away( I have a lot of weight lose ☺️)

I also promise to try not to drop my phone and smash the screen this year like I did on our 2013 trip, which cut my photo trippie short that year 😒. That's pretty much all from us for now, I will update as we make any further plans and will also post pictures of us all so you know who I'm talking about.

Emz

This is me Emz and our Westie Toby .

This is our DS Jordan.

This is my DH Jon 😀

This little snoop now knows we are off to Florida and not Benidorm 😒 he decided to use the dibb to research dlp, and while he was at it he searched for our username and found this thread . So we will be spending this evening telling him all about the plans we have made 😃.

Woohoo it's finally time for our DD dance 😃

It's a Disney kind of day in our house today not only is it DD dance day but the postman just delivered my Minnie Mouse hair baubles 😃

We have now booked our train tickets to and from Manchester airport, and the tickets arrived today. For anyone interested we booked our train tickets through redspottedhanky.com and paid for themselves using our tesco club card vouchers which you can double up to use on redspottedhanky.com 😀

Spending the afternoon making mouse keeping envelopes and watching seeyareelsoon on YouTube, perfect Saturday afternoon 😃

Up at 5am today to book our fast passes 😃

Starting online check in for CBR 😀

All done, we are officially checked in at CBR 😃

Today is our 6th wedding anniversary and we have both bought each Florida related gifts. Jon bought me tickets for characters in flights 😀

And I was finally able to give him this, which contains tickets for the Orlando eye 😃

Woohoo we've just managed to get a BOG reservation for breakfast 😃

Under four weeks to go and the cases are out 😃

Got a letter from Mickey today with our documentation for CBR. Only 16 days to go !

Today's the day, we are finally in single digits 😃

Just finishing the packing, Toby thinks he's coming to 😃

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Congratulations on your weight loss. Have a great holiday
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 15, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you 😀

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A great start, looking forward to your trip report.
Old 27 Apr 15, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Well done on your weight loss. You'll soon be in double digits!
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fantastic weight loss, looking forward to reading more
Old 27 Apr 15, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
thanks everyone

Old 27 Apr 15, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello!

When I read your pre-trip report I recognised the picture of your son Jordan! I work as a cover teacher in his school

I am going to Florida for the 7th time in June - I am a huge fan and I'm sure Jordan will love every second!

The countdown is one of the best parts - enjoy!

Edited at 02:41 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Disnerd View Post
Hello!

When I read your pre-trip report I recognised the picture of your son Jordan! I work as a cover teacher in his school

I am going to Florida for the 7th time in June - I am a huge fan and I'm sure Jordan will love every second!

The countdown is one of the best parts - enjoy!
Oh wow isn't it a small world . We are both really excited but he still doesn't have a clue . He thinks that we will not be able to go to Florida again until he's finished in Cwmtawe because of how expensive school holidays can be

The first time we went to Florida, we went the last week in May/first week of June. It's a lovely time of year to go, we had great weather the entire time we were there, just a few showers in the afternoons which didn't last long.

Hope you have a great time I will be sure to let Jordan know I've spoken to you on here, but only once he knows where we are going

Emz

Old 28 Apr 15, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

10/10 for detective work!