Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 May 15, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Florididdypop Volume 2 - Day 24: Hollywood Studios and Epcot

Day 24: Saturday 10th May 2014

Today was our last full day, and again as I have no notes I'm relying on photos, receipts and my planning book to piece together the day. There are few words in today's report (for me) but I hope the fact that there are about a million photos makes up for it.

We were up bright and early (no idea how we were still managing it 24 days in) and on our way to morning EMH at Hollywood Studios. We headed straight to Toy Story Mania along with pretty much everyone else but found when we got there that the ride was down. There was still a line forming outside. CMs were saying there were technical problems and they didn't know how long it would be. Since we had come to the Studios today pretty much just to have one more ride on Toy Story and have a final Starring Rolls breakfast, we got in the line and crossed our fingers.

It was only about five minutes after we joined the queue before the ride was up and running, and we headed inside. We probably waited about 15 minutes in total. Shame my score still isn't improving very much .

From Toy Story, we took our usual stroll over to Starring Rolls, paying for our food at 8.38 am according to our receipt so we weren't doing too badly. We used four counter service credits on:

3 x pastries (apple turnover, chocolate croissant and apparently a cream cheese Danish which must have been Mat's because bleurgh)
1 x bagel
4 x banana
2 x orange juice
1 x apple juice
1 x water

My yummy turnover (although I could have done without the craisins) :

I've said it before but we love Starring Rolls for breakfast and will always eat there on Studios days.

Then it was time to say goodbye to Hollywood Studios for this trip and drive over to Epcot as we had another day planned at World Showcase. We parked up and walked through Future World, stopping to grab a coffee at Starbucks on the way past.

Last year's 'Bears' sand sculpture:

We arrived in World Showcase about 10.45 if I remember rightly and sat and drank our coffees on this bench, waiting for WS to open up at 11 am. We took a few photos and I managed to throw my coffee down my shorts .

I love this photo:

Oh I love World Showcase . We started off in Canada today and took some photos.

Seren got herself a Duffy Bear from the Kidcot stop and got cracking on that.

Aah:

We carried onto the UK

Our family coat of arms:

Then we went into the shop by the International Gateway so Freya could buy herself an Epcot passport to get stamped (this is why she was not doing a Duffy today.)

We headed on towards France...

... which was our lunch stop today. We had been keen to try out Les Halles and as it wasn't too busy yet, this seemed like the ideal time. It was now around 12 pm.

Mat and I each had a pissaladiere which were pretty good but the cheese had quite a strong taste which I could have lived without.

Freya had a 'demi baguette'; just a small plain baguette with butter. Seren had a chocolate chip cookie and a bit of everyone else's food.

Mat and I also shared a Napoleon and a Tarte Aux Pommes.

Both cakes were disappointing as they looked better than they tasted. The cream in the Napoleon tasted of nothing and the pastry in the apple tart was a bit soggy. We also got two bottles of water and a diet Coke as we needed the lunch to count as counter service credits since we were now down to about three snack credits.

We managed to bag a table just as some people were getting up from it, but by the time we were sat eating there were a few people holding their trays of food and looking bemused as there were no available tables. The seating area is really tiny.

When we'd finished the girls went over to the Kidcot station and we had a little mooch around the shop. The girls each wanted to buy a beret which we said was ok as long as they promised to wear them in the winter, which of course they didn't .

Onwards to Morocco for a Kidcot stop, a little look at the lovely things for sale (I've said before it's one of my favourite pavilions), and a cocktail from the juice kiosk for me ($9.99.) It was either a Habibi Daquiri or a Sultan's Colada. Both are pretty good.

continued below...
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 15, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

...continued

Next up of course is Japan.

We did the obligatory Kidcot stop and Seren got a cherry kaki gori.

In the USA I had to have an American Dream (very good use of one of our last snack credits in my opinion.) I would definitely recommend one of these to anyone who likes a frozen slush / ice cream drink and it's a good use of a snack credit as it's at least $4.50 to buy OOP. It's strawberry slush, blue raspberry slush and vanilla ice cream and it's so pretty (and tasty .)

Italy next.

Kidcot stop:

Germany.

China.

... continued below
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 15, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

... continued

Norway.

There was some construction work around the waterfall at Maelstrom (the ride was still in operation then.)

Mexico.

Then we had to revisit the UK and Canada for Freya to get her passport stamped as she hadn't yet bought it on our earlier visit.

We then headed back to Future World to use our FastPass+. The book says we had Soarin', Turtle Talk and Nemo booked between 3-6 pm but I know we didn't do Turtle Talk twice during the trip (we did it earlier in the holiday.) I also have mid-afternoon Test Track photos so there's a chance we swapped our Snorin' - I mean Soarin' - FP+ for Test Track as I can't imagine we were able to get on Test Track using standby in the middle of the afternoon without a ridiculous wait (which we wouldn't have gone for.)

After Test Track (and probably Nemo), we had dinner at Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion at around 5 pm. This is what we had:

Me: green Thai shrimp curry with fried rice, strawberry shortcake, bottle of water
Mat: vegetarian flatbread (which was actually like a pitta sandwich), New York cheesecake, bottle of water
Seren: macaroni and cheese with carrots and grapes, apple juice
Freya: kids' salmon with rice and grapes, carton of milk

My delicious curry:

Freya's salmon:

Seren's mac and cheese:

Mat's flatbread and cheesecake:

Strawberry shortcake:

This was a great meal, and the Thai shrimp curry turned out to be my favourite entree of the holiday. It was delicious. Everyone else enjoyed their food too. I wasn't a huge fan of the strawberry shortcake but the desserts here are so much better value than those horrible pre-packaged chocolate cakes and cobblers you get in some of the other counter services at Disney World, especially if you're on the dining plan and are 'obliged' to have a dessert. The cheesecake went down very well with Mat and Seren.

After dinner we went on Spaceship Earth which was probably what we had changed our last FastPass to.

We left the park fairly early as we had the dreaded packing to get on with. When we got back to Wilderness Lodge we went for a little wander around the resort as we hadn't seen an awful lot of it while we had been here. We went down to the beach, the Villas pool and the geyser. We took some lobby photos, filled our refillable mugs and then the girls went to bed while we packed.

I tried to take photos of Wishes from our balcony but they turned out rubbish so that was a waste of time. This is the best one (yes I said the best one.)

All that packing and an early dinner meant we had the munchies around 10 pm so Mat went down to Roaring Fork to get us a cheese and tomato flatbread and what I think are some slices of cheesy garlic bread but I can't find the receipt so I can't be sure.

Here are most of the photos I took around the resort that evening to finish with:

...continued below
Old 8 May 15, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

... continued

Sorry about the poor light in this one:

Old 8 May 15, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great pictures
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 15, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Lots of yummy foods today, all places we need to get round to trying!

Great pictures of Wilderness Lodge, it looks absolutely massive.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 15, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely pictures. You should be on commission for Disney.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 15, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Loved this! All your pics are amazing, it's so nice when you get to really explore WS. I always wish I'd spent more time taking it in...oh well, maybe next time!

I was mega excited to try an American Dream last year and I didn't like it at all! For me it's Slush or ice cream, not slush AND ice cream, that's what I learned
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 15, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great world showcase day
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 15, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Really like your photos from today, you have so many great ones.

Your dinner looks very good. Can't believe I on,y have one more day to read. x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List