Notices

Old 22 May 15, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Our first taste of Canada

Well with less than 24 hours to go, there’s just time to do a quick pre-trippie.

It’s just the two of us again this time – think that will become the norm now. Our children are now 21, and DD would much rather holiday with her boyfriend, whilst DS chooses to holiday with his friends. While we’re a little sad about this, it does have its benefits – we can now go on twice as many holidays now we don’t have to pay for them!

Well let’s introduce ourselves – I’m Jo and DH is Martin. Here we are on a previous holiday.

Well let’s go back a few months to February. I had a few days off work, and with no one else at home I decided to browse the Internet, looking for places we might go for a long weekend at Easter. Martin was due to have just the bank holidays off, but when I looked for destinations from our two local airports, we were struggling to find somewhere we could go for those dates. We then decided to look at holidaying at the end of May when we were both off work for a week – we thought it would open up more options. It certainly did that!

With dates chosen, we looked at a 4 day trip to Venice, but we were both a little surprised at how expensive it was. If we were looking at spending that much, surely we could widen our search. I was amazed to find Toronto prices came up at less than the cost of Italy, and for longer too! The beginnings of a plan were soon formed.

We soon booked our flights with BA, then found a hotel I fell in love with. We're staying at the Delta Toronto for 5 nights, which only opened at the end of last year. It's located right next to the CN Tower.

This is what swung it for me - the bath with a view. We've booked a corner room with a lake view, so really hope it'll be lovely.

We haven’t done a detailed plan for this trip, which is not like me at all. Somehow it's crept up on us a little too quickly and caught us unawares. We're not too worried though and are happy to go with the flow - unlike our last trip to New York, there doesn't seem quite as much to pack in. We have a couple of things booked, plus a list of things we’d like to see.

We’re intending to visit Niagara Falls on Monday and we also have tickets for a baseball game on Tuesday. Other than that, we’ve got the following on our list:

• CN Tower
• Distillery District
• Toronto Islands
• Steam Whistle Brewery Tour (thanks Bonzo )
• St Lawrence Market
• Bata Museum
• Casa Loma
• Kensington Market

I’m sure there may well be other things we do too, including partaking in a few drinks here and there.

I best get off the Dibb now and finish packing. Just 3 hours to go until we leave home for our airport hotel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prop-delta-00sr7.jpg
Views:	6616
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	61218  

Edited at 08:40 AM.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 15, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Bon voyage Jo!

I really enjoyed Toronto! Hope you have a fabulous time!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Wow, looks fantastic.
Have a great time and can't wait to read all about it x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Bon voyage Jo!

I really enjoyed Toronto! Hope you have a fabulous time!
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Wow, looks fantastic.
Have a great time and can't wait to read all about it x
Thanks both.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Wow sounds fantastic. I'm not convinced by the bath with a view though - I'd be sure people could see me. And if the loo was in there too

Have a safe flight and a fantastic holiday.

Deb
Old 23 May 15, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
McSleepy
VIP Dibber

I was in Toronto and Montreal 30 years ago to visit cousins and would really love to go back.

We were looking at slotting in a few days in Toronto this year on route to Orlando but just could not fit it in.

Sun Haven Villa

Modern 6 Bed Villa
Monitored Alarm
South Facing Pool/Spa
Covered Lanai
Super Fast WiFi
Large screen HDTV
Pool Table

McSleepy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Capt Wilko
Trying for More Ears

Have a good trip. Look forward to reading about it when you get back.
Old 23 May 15, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sameeel
VIP Dibber

Yay Jo thanks for posting... Cannot wait to read about your trip and hopefully get some pointers for when we go in 11weeks...l week!
Have a totally fab time 😎
Old 23 May 15, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bovril
Apprentice Imagineer

Hope you have a great time, but we did some research at Epcot and apparently it snows 24 hours a day every day of the year.
Old 23 May 15, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Can't wait to hear about your trip! We have Toronto booked for September and haven't a clue about where to visit apart from Niagara!