Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Jun 15, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Meet me in the Land of Hope and Dreams -DAY 18 - Thundercrack - and FORE!

Welcome Back again

Thanks for reading and for some wonderful comments too - most welcomed and very much appreciated.

Today is a complete surprise!

Previously - DAY 17 is here

Index of the whole trip ( just in case you have missed the fun so far) is here.

If you are interested in reading previous rambling stuff that you do on a holiday - then the 2013 trip report is here.

It does include some excellent Springsteen references too

Welcome to ...

Friday 15th August 2014

FP + planned for today...

late night @ MK

Thundercrack!

Wow, not sure how close the lightning was but it woke us with a very early morning startle
And we then listened to the rain and the storm and just hoped beyond hope that today was not going to be washed out

We got up early again,
Today will be of interest to anyone who has read from the pre trip report/ reveal and the outline to our plan.

We had missed out a little bit of detail, perhaps a little surprise and an experience that both the boys will never forget.

Up early , out early and heading to Magic Kingdom - pretty normal until we got to the parking lot gate - I had to spill the surprise in order to avoid the parking charge

No Magic Kingdom, we were off to ...

They had no idea!
Obviously, buying a lot of golf balls at Walmart means that they know I lose a lot of golf balls so it does not register on the radar of strange things to buy!

Stunned does not sum it up
They were thrilled in an instant and the early morning disappeared!

They were amazed and the reception from the lovely people in the clubhouse was just as good.
This is a hidden part of an ultimate ticket and I have to admit it is not for the beginner but it does allow a golfer the opportunity to play golf at Disney . For a golfer it is an opportunity of a round ( there are many many more better place to play) BUT for the boys this is a great test of their golf, and mine!

Club hire and golf cost a total of 22 dollars with free club hire and trolley for both boys- Josh was kitted out with a women's set of Taylor made woods, irons and putter- he still talks about them now ( not the putter though!) They were the size I still need to be looking to buy him now - a perfect fir for his height.

I had a complete set of Taylor Made too- a big improvement on the quality of rental clubs from previous visit here in 2008. This impressed us all - we all had quality clubs and perhaps one less reason to blame a bad golf game on!

When Josh and I played the same course previously - it is in a hidden video we posted that very few have watched.

One day( whole trip ) like this !

Please feel free to watch

That was 2008, our first ever trip as a family and Josh playing golf at the age of 5. ( We paid for the Oak Trail experience then too)

Today was different, we teed it up having had a fantastic introduction to the course by the starter who insisted we had plenty of tees and were ready for what lay ahead.

It was very very very wet

The thundercrack and the rain meant that we really could have done with golf shoes rather than trainers but we made do with what we had!

This is a fab part of the Disney Ticket and one which I know we will be booking again.

The pictures tell the story better than I will!

You can see how a change to his grip led to a recent win in a local golf comp

Now when you start thinking about lessons learned this was a prime example of a golfing second!

Same bunker!

Same coloured shirt

Same result - two foot putt to follow:angry:

We had a fantastic couple of hours - we sweated a hell of a lot and we enjoyed DW acclaim the bad shots from us all with " well, that's not very good! "

This whole experience is on our must do list for every other trip we plan - for Joe in particular it was so fantastic that he could experience this for the first time and hold his own as well. His par at the last summed up why we all play golf -the glimmer of hope for the next time

Both boys are already adamant this is part of a future trip it really is so good, if you play golf

We finished and found the photo opportunity that no golf course

allows

It summed up the most fantastic golf experience and made us all aware we had very wet feet and we needed some food!

So where to next?

We headed to Florida Mall for no real reason - but it proved a good call!

The food court allowed us to have a choice - Taco Bell was Josh's call and Joe felt a Subway needed his attention.

It was quick, it was needed and it was welcomed.

A walk around the Mall saw me find the bargain of the holiday
$40 for a Red Sox baseball top with World series champions badge!
If you see a bargain you buy it!

We did not walk too much as we found the boys appeared to have very little energy, even after a food stop.

The golf had frazzled them - a complete lack of energy and they were simply done for!

But a MK evening, with pre-booked fp's was calling

It probably still is

Alison and I just knew what was going to happen next, and Magic Kingdom was not even on the list.
We cancelled the upcoming FP's in the hope that someone using MDE will be able to pick up on the cancellation of a FP rather than a no show.
We headed to the Villa , the boys went into the pool to rid themselves of every last bit of energy they had.

I then headed to Super Target to pick up tea and some great golf stuff that would make an appearance in December time

A pizza tea for the boys , we had ribs and chicken but what followed was an almighty first ...

Josh went to bed before Joe, complaining of a headache- he was knackered and asleep moments later.
Joe followed and so did we

I'm guessing we don't need an early morning tomorrow but I am so glad we changed the FP plan for today.

The boys were done for, I'm so glad we did not do the evening fast pass but just so glad we saw it coming.
Would have been a shame to spoil such a fantastic day by trying to do far too much.

We had done more than we ever expected and the golf was superb, I'm sure I feel a lie in is needed

DAY 19 is here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:03 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 15, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great day for the boys and as you say best not to spoil the day by trying to do too much

Joan
Old 29 Jun 15, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great to read about the golf, not a golfer myself, but my dad is and I've always felt it was synonymous with Disney.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 15, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
What a great day for the boys and as you say best not to spoil the day by trying to do too much

Joan
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Great to read about the golf, not a golfer myself, but my dad is and I've always felt it was synonymous with Disney.
Thanks for enjoying the golf

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 15, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 19 is posted too just to see what happened next - click here

Old 19 Jul 15, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

what a perfect day for Disney/golfer fan! well done dad! Definitely brownies made there
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 15, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

I missed this day somehow..what a great day , boys very cute ( sorry maybe not meant to be cute playing golf? !) in the Mickey cart thing ( see know zilch about it hehehe). .
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 15, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

I missed this day somehow..what a great day , boys very cute ( sorry maybe not meant to be cute playing golf? !) in the Mickey cart thing ( see know zilch about it hehehe). . Sorry double post lol
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 15, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
what a perfect day for Disney/golfer fan! well done dad! Definitely brownies made there
It was a fab day but it took it out of the boys - not sure about brownies I was looking for a birdie to ensure |I can beat the two of them at golf

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
I missed this day somehow..what a great day , boys very cute ( sorry maybe not meant to be cute playing golf? !) in the Mickey cart thing ( see know zilch about it hehehe). . Sorry double post lol
Mickey golf cart is worth posting twice for

It is also worth finding for any golf fan to have a pic.

No need for apologies as I really glad you have posted a reply - I thought you had given up on me finishing

Old 20 Jul 15, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
It was a fab day but it took it out of the boys - not sure about brownies I was looking for a birdie to ensure |I can beat the two of them at golf

Mickey golf cart is worth posting twice for

It is also worth finding for any golf fan to have a pic.

No need for apologies as I really glad you have posted a reply - I thought you had given up on me finishing
sorry I meant Brownie Points
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List