Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Jun 15, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mr and Mrs T's West Coast Tour - Day 10

Back to Yosemite for the Valley Floor Tour which was booked for midday.

Up early as usual! Once sorted out I walked outside and sat at the breakfast table overlooking the forests letting the sun get into my old bones. Although it was only 8 a.m. and breakfast was not until 8.30 a.m. Steve saw I was out and brought me out a mug and a pot of hot decaf coffee. Lovely man!

Elaine soon joined me and was presented with a glass of water by Steve. Breakfast as usual was wonderful – helped by the superb surroundings.

Today was another visit to Yosemite to take the Valley Floor Tour. It costs $25 each and you are driven round in an open top shuttle with a park ranger as your guide.

Entered the park once I had presented the 7 day pass I got yesterday - $30 bargain.

Drove to Yosemite Lodge where I managed to find a parking space. Had a bit of time before our midday tour so decided to have a stroll round the shops.

After a toilet stop we joined others who were on our tour. Boarded the open top shuttle and once the ranger had introduced herself and the driver we were off. Not sure how many it takes but think it was around 48.

The ranger is in a slightly raised seat protected by clear glass on 3 sides and she faces you. She was excellent. Very knowledgeable about the various parts of the park and also very funny as well.

There were a couple of stops along the route for pictures etc and also water. The shuttle had a ice cold water container at the front which you could use. Paper cuts were also provided. The ranger also had a water spray which the children on the tour particularly liked. It was now very hot and both my knees suffered.

Stopped and the ranger pointed some climbers who were way in the distance half way up El Capitan.
We both thought it was so worth the $50 it cost.

After being taken back to the Lodge we said our goodbyes to the Ranger before going into search of food.

Found the food court who had a good choice. Both picked salad and a drink at a decent price.

Once lunch was over we made our way over to Yosemite Falls. Saw it from a distance and it looked very impressive. Walked a short distance along with many others before reaching a small bridge that overlooked the falls. So impressive. Some hardy fools had climbed the rocks and got very close to the base of them. Their pictures must have been wonderful.

We then got the free shuttle to Yosemite Village. It was now hot enough for ice cream – double scoop of course!

We got outside to find it was raining so sat under cover eating a very delicious ice cream. Still light rain when we had finished but we still decided to venture out and made our way to the village store but the heat soon dried us out.

Could not find anything we liked so got the shuttle back to Yosemite Lodge. Into the shop and I picked up 3 t-shirts for $26. Bit of a bargain.

Back to the car and a very hot journey back to our accommodation. Lovely relaxing evening.

This was our little corner by our room door. Lovely spot to admire the forests in the distance

Elaine had a paddle while I made a start on the packing for the next part of our trip tomorrow.
Old 3 Jul 15, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day - can't wait to go to Yosemite. It may be even busier in August though so I hope we can find parking ok.

Suzy
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 15, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Lovely, this report is bringing back great memories and making me want to book again!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 15, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Another lovely day, the tour looks good

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 15, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The falls look fabulous.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List