Notices

Old 1 Jul 15, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Pre-trip Report - 3 Weeks In Our happy Place 2015!

So, I've been reading everyone's trip reports in the run up to our own holiday in August (it really helps to build the excitement! ) and whilst I've always written up TRs on Tripadvisor (for the past 4 trips I think), I've yet to venture on here to write any - so be gentle with me lol!

This is a little pre-trip report because for some reason all I can think about is our holiday today! Writing about it will surely get it out my system and I can go back to patiently waiting like a normal person!

First let me introduce you to us!
Me - Charlie, chief planner, organiser, tracker and general control freak! I LOVE Orlando and Disney in particular. This will be my 8th trip to Orlando and honestly find it hard to travel anywhere else.

My lovely husband, Frank. The man who puts up with my 'travelling to Orlando at every chance we get obsession' but who is also (not so secretly now) obsessed with Orlando and WDW since we first went as a family when our daughter was 5. Keen (novice) photographer with a nice shiny new camera to take this time so I've a feeling there will be multiple photo stops...

Holly, our brilliant daughter who is 12 and has been going to Orlando since she was 5. It's funny because at home is is too cool for school but as soon as we hit WDW, the child in her is right back which I love to see. Holly loves all things Orlando and hasn't at all been brainwashed by me... !

This trip will see us holidaying for 3 weeks instead of the usual 2 and we are beyond excited! Having stayed onsite at Disney the last 4 trips, we are coverts and just love the Disney bubble. However, we are curios as to whether we would like to own a villa in Orlando so this year we decided to try one out for a week (plus Holly reaallllyyyy wants to try the ice cream cake from Walmart, which just isn't possible to keep in a hotel room so reason enough to hire a villa!). Our first week will be in a villa in Sandy Ridge, it looks beautiful so we are looking forward to it. The second 2 weeks will be at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, our go-to resort now because we absolutely love it there. We have the Disney dining plan, which we always make full use of.

The picture above is our countdown jar. We start the official countdown at 60 days and each pick our sweetie of choice to fill the jar with. Every day we take 1 sweet out each and watch the jar get emptier as our holiday gets closer!

So, the planning is all nearly done - just the hire car to book, change £s into $s and organise our personalised Disney tshirts to get printed (we've had some crackers over the years and I'll see if I can upload some photos on here).

Our first week in the villa we plan to travel round a bit more as well as visit Universal because it's been a couple of years since we've been, preferring Disney. We've booked a night staying in a hotel at Daytona Beach because we wanted to catch a baseball game (the Daytona Tortugas - total bargain at $8 a ticket!). We are also planning a trip to Wekiva Springs and a visit to the Rodeo. Obviously there will be lots of Disney, shopping and eating included also! I've made all of our onsite dining reservations and we have some old favs as well as new trys.

The plan is done (I did confess to being a planner and control freak at the very beginning!), ESTAs completed, magic bands picked and everything is paid for!

5 and a bit weeks to go - eeekkkkk!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 15, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by lennymore - 1 Jul 15 2:28 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 15, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The plans sound good looking forward to reading how you get on!

Joan
Old 1 Jul 15, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Looking forward to reading more, have a wonderful holiday x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 15, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to the actual trip report, have a wonderful, magical holiday! Enjoy every second!
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 15, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you all, I'm planning on doing them as live as possible - this app is much easier to use than I anticipated which is good!
Old 2 Jul 15, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds amazing