Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jul 15, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Free return journey on virgin using miles without ever taking a flight

The title is rather long so sorry!

But I am going to share my experience on how I have managed to get 2 passengers from London to Orlando return, outbound Upper class inbound Premium economy using virgin miles and never stepping foot on a plane!

So first thing firsts go to headforpoints and read everything there is on there I mean everything! Every morning when I wake up I read the new articles!

So down to the detail now so enjoy the read

The first thing I did was get the virgin black credit card, there was a bonus promotion in which you could get 32000 miles after you spend 3K on the amex card now so with the bonus 32K and the 3K you are spending you actually get 38K miles! A amazing amount all for the card fee of £140 ( I think that's how much it is)
Virgin Total 38K

Next get the American Express preferred rewards gold card and once you spend 2K you get 20K bonus points which can be used to transfer into a lot of programmes not just VA, you get 20K bonus miles and 2K miles for your spend of 2K. Total 60K
If you are serious about earning more miles cancel the card as soon as you transfer the Amex points into VA! All will be explained

Get the virgin ISA and you get 6K points and you can transfer as little as £75 a month! You can also earn interest on the money you have in the account so it can be a win win Total 66K

Use the virgin flying store! I got 10 bottles of craft beer for £15 and earned 500 points for doing this! You can also shop on a lot of other shops such as Topman, Selfridges etc! Make sure you install the toolbar you don't notice it and you get a bonus 250 points for free!
Total 66.75K

Now this is where it can get tricky, hopefully you will have cancelled your Amex gold card at least 6 months ago if so reapply again get the new card and spend another 2K and you then have another 22K amex points! P.N you can only get the bonus if you wait 6 months after you cancel your previous card and then apply!
Total 86K

Now this will not apply to everyone but it helped me! I stay away with work a lot, roughly 150 nights a year and I am only 19 years of age so I enjoy it! I ALWAYS stay at IHG and I am a spire ambassador so I earn double the normal points. But I managed to convert 300K IHG points into 60K VA points!
Total 146K

Even if you do not stay in IHG always sign up for the hotel loyalty scheme as you will always earn points which can be transferred into VA in most programmes.
So I now have 146K miles which would get 2 single upper class and 2 single economy. But I have also spent 10K on the VA black card and got two free upgrades to Premium economy when spending miles! So I now have 2 upper class and 2 premium economy!

Remember, always get the amex gold card and get the bonus points then cancel it and wait 6 months. ALWAYS DO THIS
Important***
I am not a expert I am only trying to help you and get more miles!

***Update***
This is no longer possible- just keeping in for reference.
I have found another brilliant way using Tesco and gift vouchers to pay of holiday balances. My holiday balance for this year is 4K to pay of within 2 months so I went to Tesco and purchased the pay.com (3V) gift cards at £50 each. So I ended up buying 80 gift cards which sounds like a lot but I did this over the course of 3 weeks and always made sure there was a lot left for other dibbers! I only got 4 per transaction as otherwise it might not work. But per each £50 I got 150 clubcard points so working out at 12000 clubcard points or around 30K VA. It also saves you money as you can use your amex at Tesco and I used my VA CC at Tesco so managed to get a bonus 8K as well!
It also means if the TA or airline charges a CC fee you can get around this using Tesco
38K Virgin Miles using Tesco.

Edited at 11:45 PM.
Oliver123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 15, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A man after my own miles-collecting heart ;-) Love to see someone else as dedicated haha!
Old 22 Jul 15, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
A man after my own miles-collecting heart ;-) Love to see someone else as dedicated haha!
I have a full spreadsheet showing how many miles I will be earning! The best thing is, I didn't even have a VA account 6 months ago!
Oliver123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 15, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Are you sure you're not my long lost twin lol? I did 170,000 miles in 15 weeks between Feb and June and the satisfaction of booking flights in miles is brilliant isn't it!
Old 22 Jul 15, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You spent £10k on the black card in 6ms and you are only 19? What do you do for a living to afford that, are you a professional football player? 😉 only joking good on you 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 15, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rosychic View Post
You spent £10k on the black card in 6ms and you are only 19? What do you do for a living to afford that, are you a professional football player? 😉 only joking good on you 😊
He didnt say he has paid it back!
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 15, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
kingchris
Apprentice Imagineer

If he stays 150 nights a year in holiday inns, it could be pure business expenses.
kingchris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 15, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks OP. I'm up for trying this.
We are having a year off next year, going on a Med cruise. Though intend to go for 3 weeks in 2017 so gives me time to collect.
A stupid question but how many miles would I need to collect for 2 adults and a 13 year old? Is it more miles peak time like August?
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 15, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Which ISA did you get and was it though the VA website or Virgin money. Thanks

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 15, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Mobile

I wish I was a footballer! It is mostly business expenses my expenses are around 2K a month so pretty easy to hit.
Closed Thread