Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Sep 15, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

'Brave' solo trip Apr/May 2015 - Day 9 - A Slightly Slower Day

Just a quick recap - I'm Heidi, 29 at the time of trip. My 2nd solo visit to WDW. 2 week trip to celebrate my 30th.

Day 9 - A slightly slower day

Not so much rushing from place to place today, I needed a bit of a slower pace.

I woke up at 9, and was ready to leave by 10:20. Decided upon an Ihop breakfast, I went to the one by the 528 junction instead today, it was very busy! I sat at the counter as they didn't have a table, and had choc chip pancakes, hash, egg and sausages. It was interesting to watch everything being made.

I made my way to HS from here and arrived around 11:30 to find the hoardings had disappeared from where the hat used to be.

I had a wander round slowly, and saw the Cinderella carriage, I would have had my picturre with it but there was a big queue. I did see someone proposing in front of it but I think it was just for the photo as the girl didn't seem overly shocked and I think she already had an engagement ring on.

I made my way over to The Great Movie Ride, and as I entered I was given a red tag to monitor the queue time. It was around 15-20 minutes wait, I can't remember which storyline we got, but it was enjoyable as usual. I think it certainly needs a good update though.

I then went to the next showing of Beauty and the Beast, which was lovely - BatB is one of my favourite films. I wish I'd been a little earlier and sat a little closer however I'll try to next time!

After this I rode ToT, followed by RnR - both had queues of around 15 minutes. Whilst queueing for ToT, I decided to cancel my FP and make new ones for MK that evening. I don't remember what I had at HS, nor what I made at MK but I remember I could only choose 2 at MK for some reason.

I made my way to MK in the afternoon and arrived around 3pm. I rode Haunted Mansion first, once again having my head swapped with a ghost! I then picked up a frozen lemonade from a cart, and watched people coming down on Splash while I ate. There was a 40 min wait for Splash so I decided not to ride, instead getting the railroad all the way round before riding BTM.

I then hopped on the railroad again, but just one stop this time, and had a look at fantasyland. I made my way through, took a couple of pictures and ended up at 7 dwarves mine train, where I decided to use my 'choice' FP that had been emailed to me because of the problems with Expedition Everest at AK 2 days before. Of course, my Magic Band turned the mickey head blue, but I showed the CM my email and he let me through.

Afterwards, I rode POTC at around 6:30 before leaving. I decided to try Longhorns this evening, once again there was a wait for a table so I sat at the counter. I had the 8oz sirloin, fries and an enormous salad - it was all delicious!

Returned to hotel and went to bed at 12.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 15, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like a perfect day

I love Beauty & beast show, brings a tear to my eye at the end every time
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 15, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It's always awkward when you have a bonus FP but something goes wrong with it. You feel like you're being a chancer when you're explaining yourself!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 15, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Chop chop hurry I've ran out of days to read!
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List