Notices

Old 3 Oct 15, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

First Trip to PortAventura - October Mid Term

9 weeks before mid term, and after a disappointing cancellation to a Rome trip we booked a cheap family trip to PortAventura.

My husband, Mr Alien have been through some hard time this summer. Good news as of last week - he had his all clear and is free to live his live, and ok to travel!

The Plan is to stay 2 nights at PortAventura hotel and our booking with ebookers includes tickets for the 3 days and breakfast & dinner

Following this we will move to Vil-La Romana for 5 days known for it's good food and friendly staff

Edited at 07:34 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 15, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

trip budget

we managed to get great deals
Flight Dublin to Reus including seats - one way extra leg room and one bag
2 nights in PA hotel including dinner
5 night in Vil-La Romana including dinner
total cost 1111 euro or 820 gpb total

I will total up spends and post in the end

Plans part 1 - first 2 nights, 3 days our PortAventura stay

We want to see the fountains show in Salou - which sadly off peak is only on Friday and Saturday night at 21:00 and 22:00

we also want to see the fireworks in PortAventura

and they are only on Saturdays and Sunday.

This makes it little hard to schedule as we arrive on Thursday at Portaventura hotel. If we have the energy we could get down to Salou on Friday night while staying at PortAventura hotel, but I thought it may be fun to be around the hotel after dinner too.

Checking out of PA hotel on Saturday means coming back to the park after check in to the new hotel to stay and watch the fireworks, or buying another day ticket to Sunday as the fireworks are only Saturday and Sunday. I am not sure I want to do that either!

We will have to decide on the day

Day 1 - Thursday Afternoon
SésamoAventura & China - hopefully we manage to watch the bellow shows

Bubblebou
Sand Animation
Halloween Escape

and catch end of day Halloween Parade on our way back to the hotel

Day 2 - full day
Far West, Mexico and Polynasia

We hope to see vampires and Viva Mexico and if we have the time some of the other shows

Old Wild Halloween (not sure we want to watch, may be)
Horror in Penitence (may be too scary for my son)
Aves del Paraíso (we aren't really big on birds)

Lunch at Raco Del Mar, Dinner at hotel and potentially trip to Salou for the fountains

Day 3 - messy day in terms of plan

check out of the hotel and ask them to store our luggage
templo de feugo, lunch at Marco Polo, may be quick look at sésamoAventura halloween celebration son the way out

collect bags, check in Vil-La Romana, rest, dinner at hotel
go back to the park for fireworks

Edited at 07:51 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 15, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

On our to do list is day in Tarragona

I would love to visit one of the castlers event at some point, but while we are there everything is on Saturday and that's the day we are moving accommodation plus to be honest - I will be freaking out that I will loose our son somewhere! We may have to look into some of the stadium organised shows next summer instead as the one on 24th October is street event

however it does look pretty awesome. It looks very different then anything we have done before and I will definitely try to fit it in on our next trip. I did send them an email if they have any other events or if we could attend training session in one of the days

we may pay a visit to the local shopping center -

but we most definitely will get the tourist train and have a look at the coast line and the ruins - it looks like a beautiful city

I will try to read about it little now and get an idea of how to plan our day there. It looks like city my family will enjoy a day or two

something to try - panallets

Panellets are the traditional dessert of the All Saints holiday, known as Castanyada, in Catalonia, Andorra, Ibiza or the Land of Valencia, small cakes or cookies in different shapes, mostly round, made mainly of marzipan. Panellets date at least to the 18th century, when they were used as blessed food to share after some religious celebrations (Panellets de Sant Marc and Panellets de la Santa Creu)."

I am not big on marzipan, but if they are traditional treat around All Saints -we may need to try them!

Edited at 08:07 PM.
Old 3 Oct 15, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

First of all, I'm glad to hear that your husband is well and fit to travel. I hope you have a fantastic holiday when you go.

I'll be very interested to read about your break as I was looking into going to PortAventura in one of the school half terms, but I don't really know too much about whats there, and how long we'd need as we fancy combining it with a couple of days in Barcelona. I didn't realise there were the fireworks and so many shows!

How do you plan getting from airport to hotel - taxi?

Looking forward to reading along.

Diane
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 15, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Thanks for reading.

We are getting taxi as we are flying to Reus and taxi is only about 30 euro. In October the organised tours to Barcelona are over, and also there are 2 water parks that will be closed - so I am doing my research on them for our July trip as we end up planning 2 trips at once. There will be few more days planned - Cambrils, La Pineda and Salou itself before we go, not sure if we will make it to Barcelona this time.

There are about 42 rides and 17 shows. Shows are different in different seasons. I am really looking forward for it!

we plan to use bus plana busses to get to the near towns

Edited at 08:20 PM.
Old 4 Oct 15, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a look at 363 tickets for organised trips, we are planning to book one for then end of October to barcalona.
You re very organised, this will be our 4th trip in there, and have never been to tarragona. We love portaventura, it's so quiet on the week days there, you should have plenty of time to see the shows.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 15, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

all the tours are finished by 24th of October, the only one I can see is on 23rd and this is the day we are at PortAavenuta hotel so not really good timing.

We will see how we feel when we arrive - we may take the bus and then hop on hop off bus ourselves perhaps.
Old 4 Oct 15, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
all the tours are finished by 24th of October, the only one I can see is on 23rd and this is the day we are at PortAavenuta hotel so not really good timing.

We will see how we feel when we arrive - we may take the bus and then hop on hop off bus ourselves perhaps.
We re looking at Friday 23rd, the day after we arrive so didn't look after then. We looked into getting train, then hop off hop on but with train and bus tickets it would be over €100, where the bus tour is £50 for all of us. We ll be at portaventura the following mon and tues, we went one sat and it was so busy, we haven't seen the fireworks in oct yet! We really are quite lame lol
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 15, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

My planning plans didn't happen.

I really felt we shouldn't miss the tarragona event, and with the current plans clashing with it I thought it's unique enough opportunity to book another night at portaventura hotel on Saturday. I fancied the theme of Gold River and we booked a night there too

trip bugdet + 156 euro

it was cheaper then booking extra 2 days tickets and includes fast pass. 7 nights, 3 hotels is little much but we don't need to check out form Villa Romana so we should manage ok

so backs packed. Taxi ordered for 3 am. PortAventura - here we come

Edited at 05:37 PM.
Old 21 Oct 15, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

all sounds brilliant,have a fab time.
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List