Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Oct 15, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

We've come a long way from where we began - Florida Sept/Oct 2015. Day 0 - Pre Travel Day

Pre trip report is here

Pre travel day Sun 20th September

(Sorry if this is a bit of a boring day to read!)

I had set the alarm for 8 o’clock but woke up at 7:30 and could not get back to sleep! Our holiday starts today!

Although we only live about 45 mins away from Manchester Airport, staying at an airport hotel the night before we fly is something I love to do and feel it is worth every penny! I am a natural born worrier and this takes all the stress out of the start of the holiday.

I lay in bed checking phone, insta, twitter etc as Martin was still asleep. Was a bit worried that I had woken up with a sore throat and panicking a bit that I might be getting ill. When Martin woke up I told him I had a sore throat and felt sick, he told me I was just anxious and would be fine.

Anyway, I took 2 paracetomol and said a little prayer! Had a shower, washed my hair and got ready. We went round to my Mum’s at 11 to do online check in as we don’t have a printer so needed to use theirs. We also used the opportunity to deliver Tilly to them. As I was doing the check in on the laptop, a blackbird flew into their patio doors and fell down on the garden furniture. I nearly died! The noise was SO loud, I don’t know how it survived, but it did as it flew off a little bit later after chilling on the couch for a bit! Must have had a serious headache.

We called at Tesco to get some sandwiches for lunch and snacks for our hotel room later. Visited my brother Adam and his wife Anna, and our niece Sophie who is 7 months old. Adam and Anna are serious Florida addicts and have been many times so we had a lovely chat about all the things we were going to be doing etc. We cuddled Sophie within an inch of her life, knew we would miss her so much while we were away. Would be the longest we’ve not seen her since she was born. Anna asked us to pick up a baby’s 1st Christmas bauble from Disney for her. Said our goodbyes and went home to eat a quick lunch and finish off the packing. I packed a little cabin size suitcase inside one of the big cases to use as hand luggage for the journey home. Had debated paying for an extra bag but I hoped this would be enough (plus our big cases were half empty) --- fast forward almost 2weeks later and we were regretting that decision greatly! Haha!

Dad picked us up at about 1:20 and we were off! So exciting, if a bit surreal. Easy journey, only very light traffic at that time on a Sunday and we got to the Radisson at about 2 o’clock.

Checked in and were allocated room 546 which had a great view of the airport.

Martin popped open a bottle of pink fizz and we drank that and watched the planes for a bit. I painted my nails and Martin watched the rugby union world cup and napped!

Around 6 we got ready and took the short walk over to Terminal 1 arrivals through the link bridge and went for tea in Joe’s Kitchen.

They had a good menu and it is located right next door to arrivals so it was fun to sit and people watch while we ate. We love to make up stories for people, who they are, where they are travelling, etc. Passes the time! Ha.
Martin had croque monsieur with a fried egg on top ( With hand carved Wiltshire ham, Cheddar cheese, crème fraîche and mustard, served with mixed leaves. Top with a fried egg for £1.00) and fries and a pint of Stella. I had posh cheesy toastie (Emmental cheese, wilted spinach and mushroom brioche toastie, with mixed leaves.) I also had a side of fries and a pepsi. It was all very nice, think the bill was about £30. Was exciting being in the airport too

We walked back to the hotel and went to the bar in the hotel, Little M. This has all been renovated since last time we stayed there in 2013 and is very nice.

It was busy in there and had a nice bustly atmosphere. Martin had a couple of beers, and I had a cosmopolitan and then a raspberry vodka and lemonade. It was £24 for these drinks.

They do a cocktail menu with Manchester themed cocktails – champagne supernova etc but I didn’t fancy any of them. The bar also do pizzas, but they seemed pretty expensive from what I remember.

We went back to the room for a chill and I had a nice bath. We had our little room picnic, crisps and chocolate. We started to watch 2012 but then wondered if watching a film about the end of the world was such a good idea! So we changed to Big Bang Theory, then Top Gear. I went to sleep and left Martin flicking through TV (he always stays up later than me!, I’m a lightweight). So excited, can’t believe we’re going to Florida tomorrow!

Travel day is here

Edited at 08:30 PM.
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 15, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccarobbins
slightly serious Dibber

rebeccarobbins's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great start, looking forward to reading more!
rebeccarobbins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 15, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Looking forward to your report
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 15, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rebeccarobbins View Post
A great start, looking forward to reading more!
Thank you, thanks for reading!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 15, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Looking forward to your report
Thanks! Thanks for reading
Old 5 Oct 15, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Love the fridge countdown might steal that idea 👍
We have booked radisson blu for our trip next September never stayed there before so got all excited seeing your pics.

Looking forward to reading the rest.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 15, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post
Love the fridge countdown might steal that idea 👍
We have booked radisson blu for our trip next September never stayed there before so got all excited seeing your pics.

Looking forward to reading the rest.
Ha, definitely go for it! I got the letters for a few pounds on Amazon. I like the chalkboards you can get but the chalk noise goes through me so wasn't really practical!
Radisson is great you'll love it!
Thanks for reading
Old 7 Oct 15, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I have an other half that stays up hours later than me too. I wouldn't mind but he's a nightmare to get up in the morning! 'Five more minutes' and then I get moaned at for rushing him!

Also love your fridge countdown, very retro!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 15, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I have an other half that stays up hours later than me too. I wouldn't mind but he's a nightmare to get up in the morning! 'Five more minutes' and then I get moaned at for rushing him!

Also love your fridge countdown, very retro!

Oh he's always up earlier than me too! He's definitely a short sleeper.

Thanks! I liked it haha.

Thanks for reading
Old 17 Oct 15, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great Start