Notices

Old 5 Nov 15, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Review Of RPR Here Now

Well where to start. We arrived at 10am and room wasn't ready, no problem off we went to the parks. They assured us they would email us when the room was ready. By 4pm still no email so I sent one to them to which I am still awaiting a reply. At 5:20pm we headed back to find after a 10 minutes wait our room was finally ready. The room keys we had no longer worked so we had to wait for new ones to be issued again.
So onto our room. The view was like this

And this ( not so great but understand building has to be done )

Then we get onto the room. Oh dear. This faced us! Gum stuck to the wall! Disgusting indeed and not what I expected at all from a hotel of this standard and price .

And this great big hair in the bath.

For those wondering This is the rollaway

For those wondering This is the rollaway

That has to fit here , so it's tight but manageable

We then came back to find there is no water at all today in tower 3 between 10am -3pm , they are returning bathrooms apparently , so they left us 2 500ml bottles of water between 5 of us. We were informed of this at 7pm.
They are currently drilling loudly in the rooms next to us , so you wouldn't want to be in your room. No mention of this at the time of booking. I know refurbishments have to be done but at least notify guests in advance to make a choice. We think this is the reason for no hot water.
I paid for club level and had 2 drinks and not used the rest as we wanted park time and both parks shut at 7pm so the club level didn't really fit with the park times to be honest apart from the cookies.
I have complained twice, once at check in , which they gave us hot breakfast in islands but I wasnt overly impressed with that and I had already paid for club which defeated the object really. I have also complained about the state of the room. They offered 3 extra bottles of water at first ( I know ... really! ) in the end we settled for a $100 refund.
I know it's raved about on here but I really wouldn't stay here again. I've had a better room at premier in for £29. Oh and avoid the in room drinks !

Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 15, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Mexy02 - 5 Nov 15 2:19 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 15, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
No idea but at nearly $400 for one night I'm not happy x
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 15, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

What a shame it has been such disappointment for you , are you staying just the one night ? I really don't see any benefit on doing club level for an overnight stay as you will want to make full use of the parks .

We stayed at RPR for a week in August and absolutely loved it , we didn't encounter any of the problems you had , we were in tower 3 level 7 club level , the rooms were not refurbished but they were spotlessly clean , I honestly cannot remember what view we had as I didn't take much notice , we were hardly ever in the room , we spent a lot of time by the pool .

Club level suited us as we were there for a week so we could take the parks at a leisurely pace and managed breakfasts every morning , also the lunch time nibbles and the evening meal offering , we could also help ourselves to drinks all day long , definately wouldn't pay the extra for an overnight stay though .glad you managed to get a refund
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 15, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
No idea but at nearly $400 for one night I'm not happy x
I don't blame you I wouldn't be either!

They would've got slated on four in a bed lol

Someone else's gum is pretty gross
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 15, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
X
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I don't blame you I wouldn't be either!

They would've got slated on four in a bed lol

Someone else's gum is pretty gross
The gum was the final straw to be fair. Needless to say housekeeping got diddly squat from me. Even the boats are having to go slow due to the construction but no mention at check in about no water or the banging. Sorry but the contemporary beats this hands down. Would just book something nearer universal next time that's cheaper. Real waste of money for us I'm afraid .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 6 Nov 15, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post

At $400 a night I would want a lot more than what you have got, a real shame but hope your holiday improves
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 15, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh no that's not good at all, as you say refurbishments and building work has to be done but some advance notification would have been nice.

We stayed at RPR club level for 2 nights in October with no problems and we're hoping to do the same next year, it's such a shame you didn't have a good experience
Old 6 Nov 15, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Oh no that's not good at all, as you say refurbishments and building work has to be done but some advance notification would have been nice.

We stayed at RPR club level for 2 nights in October with no problems and we're hoping to do the same next year, it's such a shame you didn't have a good experience
We couldn't fault it in August but everyone's experiences are different , I would say that in the OP's case it's just an accumulation of things , once you start off with a negative things can build up quickly .

Arriving and not getting your room straight away is the norm , however you do get your luggage stored and are able to go off to the parks , the information on the room was never received but then they didn't have a room ready for you and when it was ready you were checked in so there was no need for any more information .

Entering the room you find a not so great view , I remember looking out of the window of the Hard Rock room and seeing nothing but a flat roof and some electrical equipment , would have been nice to have a decent view but for one night it didn't really matter .

The chewing gum , gross as was the hair , it should never have been missed by housekeeping .

The rollaway bed is just that , a bed that you can fold up and stack against the wall , the rooms aren't intended for three beds but just an extra to house families of five , we had five in the Hard Rock room , it was a tight squeeze but again for one night it was acceptable .

No water is another inconvenience , I am guessing it went off between 10 and 3pm as most people would not be in their rooms during those hours , bottles of water are free and in abundance in the club room , as are all other soft drinks ..

The drilling , again being done during the day I am guessing because most people are out and about during those hours .

I honestly don't think you get the full benefit of club level for overnight stays and was probably a big mistake , had you been in one of the other towers your experiance would have been completely different , we were a bit concerned when we heard they were doing renovations to the club level tower but were informed this wouldn't start till after our stay in August ( we stayed for a week club level )

The main benefit of staying in the hotel is the FOLP so looking at the outcome , you got those for two days , a breakfast in Islands ( I am surprised that you didn't enjoy that as those buffet breakfasts are usually very good ) and a $100 refund .i don't feel that you can complain about not using the club level facilities as they were there for you and I think for a family of five they are worth the money for breakfast , lunchtime nibbles , an evening meal and supper time desserts , not to mention soft drinks all day .

It's just a real shame that all the niggles combined ruined your Universal experience , most visitors to RPR have nothing but praise for the hotel but I can understand how your experiance was not what you were expecting .i hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort

Edited at 12:13 PM.
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 15, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
At $400 a night I would want a lot more than what you have got, a real shame but hope your holiday improves
Our holiday is fabulous so far but I expected a lot more from rpr than we got for the price. I'm kicking myself now for not doing 2 nights at Disney contemporary instead. The lobby desk staff were appalling at rpr to be fair. You couldn't hear yourself think round the pool and the beach area for the drilling ( piling work so imagine the thud) so not really relaxing at all. And the standard of the room did me. You think you would warn guests about not having any water at all in advance! . We all know experiences are different for different people but just thought I would share mine as I wouldn't recommend here. Rpr gets has some bad reviews recently on its Facebook page which I hadn't seen .Perhaps hard rock would be better? It's certainly not spoilt our whole holiday , just not a highlight.
Sept 24 POFQ