Notices

Old 15 Nov 15, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Rachel's Unexpected Solo Adventures

Soooo... I am sat in Birmingham coach station ready to head to Manchester... May as well get this started!

It's been a mad week in getting everything sorted at work, but I finally managed to escape about 7pm on Friday. The plan was to head home and get myself packed so I could relax on Saturday. That plan rapidly changed when heading home and I got a text from John saying we had a power cut. First one ever I have experienced, and it had to be today. It kindly came back on for about ten minutes which was enough time to cook my dinner, but the evening was largely a write off.

Saturday was a pretty full day as I went to Coventry to see the snooker. It was Neil Robertson vs Joe Perry in the semis. Nice close match, although it meant I got back a lot later than intended..!

Obviously everything was a bit crazy on Saturday due to the tragic events in Paris. I still can't get my head round it. I have to admit I am a bit tense about being at the airport, flying etc, especially after what happened at Gatwick.

I had a slow start to the day today, but sorted out my packing in good time. I kept on remembering stuff I had forgotten so goodness knows if I have everything I need as my mind isn't very with it!

I watched the tennis, including seeing Jamie Murray win in the doubles, tidied the lounge, and then head out just after 4. It's now just before 5 and i should be boarding in about 20 mins. Just enough time to grab some tea for the coach!

Quite a chilled coach journey. I managed to get my seat of choice at the back next to the emergency exit so loads of leg room. I watched Hunger Games on my iPAd and the time flew by.

When I got to the airport I got a taxi to the premier inn. Seems nice enough. I opted to pay £5 for their premium internet so that the speed was good enough to watch the tennis on sky go. Now in bed and hoping to get some good sleep..!

I had one of those night sleeps where you are never sure how long you have been asleep. However according to fit bit I did pretty well! I had meant to get up at 645, but woke at 630 and got up. Not bad really for pre flight day.

I got a taxi to the airport which was £12. Round trip in the taxi to the premier inn was £32, so quite a lot, but hotel was only £35 so still worked out a cheaper option.

Once at the airport there was no queue for bag drop - which could have a lot to do with how early I was! Security wasn't bad at all - maybe through in about ten minutes? I am now sat in Frankie and Bennys where I decided to be half healthy in having an egg white omelette, but then added potatoes 😀. About an hour and a half til boarding, so going to go and get some supplies shortly.

I also had an excited tweet from an Orlando based friend who I am meeting up with. We have Be our Guest and Wishes dessert party booked. Bearing in mind she has a countdown for it, I am thinking she's quite looking forward to it..!

A promising sign! Hoping we take off on time, if not early !

itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have a fab trip and safe journey Rachel
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Have a fab journey
Old 15 Nov 15, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Have a great trip

Joan
Old 16 Nov 15, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks everyone !
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by itsrachelhere - 16 Nov 15 10:20 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Have an amazing time, can't wait to see more photos!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

Loving your trippy ... have a fab flight ... that will be me and OH in 12 and a bit days ...
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Happy travel day !

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 15, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks guys! Uploaded the rest of the journey, my first evening in Epcot and now starting on today's post .