Notices

Old 18 Nov 15, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Rachel's Unexpected Solo Adventures: Animal Kingdom And Osborne Lights

I woke up around 6 after a good night sleep. Breakfast from a cup as I forgot to bring a bowl with me... I have since picked up a plastic spoon from Starbucks!

I left the room just around 7 and ran for a bus waiting - it happened to be the one I wanted, so bonus there. I arrived at animal kingdom around 735 and we were let in at 750 (EMH today). I headed straight to the safari, which wasn't the best unfortunately - may have to do it again!

I headed then to do the pangani trail which was good, loads of birds in the aviary and the gorillas were very active.

I want her job!

I grabbed a cup cake from Starbucks as I really was in need of a sugar boost

Next up was a fastpass for festival of the lion king. Great performance as ever! I have been feeling really sleepy today (not surprising really after last few days! ), and didn't want to stay as late in the park. I looked for fastpass options and switched my dinosaur fastpass to the one for mickey and Minnie, due to start in an hours time. Next up was flights of wonder which is a firm favourite of mine . I love owls and birds of prey.

After flights of wonder I headed to meet Mickey and Minnie (photo not appeared yet on photo pass which makes me nervous..), and then onto Finding Nemo. The guy who was playing Crush was really good.

After the show I decided to see if I could get into yak and yeti early for my ADR, and was shown to a table within a couple of minutes . I ate my food whilst reading a bit on my kindle - the absolute essential tool for a solo traveler . I had the chicken wings, ribs and mango pie. Well not all of it because that would be ridiculous! I love this place and like to make the most of it.

I headed back to my room for a bit to have a much needed break. Around 5 I head out again, and yet again found myself jogging to jump on another bus straight away - this time to Hollywood studios

Only one purpose to this visit - Osborne lights

It was nice to see the new vista in the way in though

I spent about 90 mins taking it all in

Not satisfied with just that for this evening, I decided to head to Magic Kingdom which had evening hours. I would never have got away with this had I been with John!

After catching wishes upon arrival I headed to cosmic rays for tea, and abused the toppings bar slightly

I then did carrousel of progress, people mover, space mountain and buzz . My buzz car was malfunctioning and kept on turning on its own - I seriously had no control over it!

Castle from people mover

I also wandered round to go on big thunder and splash. Sadly splash was down (to the point there wasn't even water going down the drop!). I eventually got back to my room just before midnight. Crazy long day!

itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

The Yak and Yeti meal looks yummy, went there for the first time last year and had the Kobi burger, nom nom
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying this trip report!
Couldn't agree with you more about the kindle for a solo trip!
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by itsrachelhere - 19 Nov 15 10:41 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 15, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
The Yak and Yeti meal looks yummy, went there for the first time last year and had the Kobi burger, nom nom
I will be honest, it wasn't as nice as other times. It was good though, and still a must do for me!
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 15, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dogwalker View Post
Really enjoying this trip report!
Couldn't agree with you more about the kindle for a solo trip!
Thanks . And yes, I wouldn't be without mine!
Old 23 Nov 15, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Fab photos, that cupcake would be perfect to go with my coffee now!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 15, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow the lights are simply breath taking. Great pics!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Fab photos, that cupcake would be perfect to go with my coffee now!
Haha, I think I am still digesting it now!

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
Wow the lights are simply breath taking. Great pics!
They really are. Can't believe I will never see them again !