Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Nov 15, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mr Bear Grand Adventure- November 14- Day 2

Now this report has been a long time coming, however i didnt want to post it until i had finished physically writing it, now it is written, i feel i can post it, but the end is fairly sketchy on the details (due to it being year since the actual holiday) reading the earlier days i wrote in the week or so after the return i realised just how much less detailed they are, so bear wiht me in that respect. however i hope you enjoy, i hope to get everything uploaded over the next couple of days (as sorting photos and uploading them to photobucket, then linking them is an unexpectedly long task!) however i am enjoying reading back the little memories from this trip, and it is making me more excited for my august trip!

index Here

Day 2- Rope Drop Magic Kingdom, Walmart & Shopping

So This morning started at the Crack of Jet lagged dawn, 3:00am for Tiff and Grace (Grace had cramp) and 4:00am for me, we lurked around until about 5 then we started the morning routine, showered and made up we were ready to leave at 6:45!

We headed out for the obligatory first morning IHOP!

For drinks I went for coffee, Grace and Tiff had some fruity soft drinks, for food Grace and I had pancake combos, we both had Bain hash browns and fried eggs, I had choc chip pancakes and Grace had Original buttermilk, Tiff had a French toast combo with Cinnamon Brioche. All this came to approx $32.

Following our tasty breakfast we went back to out hotel and got in a taxi to the ticket and transportation centre. Hopped in at 7:40 and arrived at the TTC around 8:10, this taxi cost $50 including tip, we then got the Ferry over to Magic Kingdom and found a good spot for rope drop, where we got talking to a family from Louisiana, untill the ceremony started. I also put a teasing picture on Facebook! For all the people back home.

Once the fireworks had signalled the beginning of the magic kingdom day we headed up mainstreet, taking a few pictures on the way:

2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?

Edited at 01:19 AM.
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 15, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Once through the castle and guided to the left of the carousel, we headed up to new fantasy land hoping to catch story time with belle, but this was closed, we had decided to give Anna and Elsa, and the seven dwarfs mine train a miss today, as we weren't feeling spending the day waiting around, we headed up in the direction of be our guest, and found ourselves at the little mermaid ride (I want to say under the sea), it was posting a 20 min wait, but after walking round the queue line we found it to be a walk on, we really enjoyed this ride!

We then walked up towards liberty square and such and on the way found Its a Small world, it was a walk on so we hopped in (a first for us) it was entertaining, but I think I shall only be doing once!

after this we wandered down towards Liberty square to meet the chipmunks, finding the tangled theme toilets on the way (where I'm sure I saw dibber Gill H walking out as we were going in, but I was too shy to say hello just in case) following the toilet visit we found the chipmunks and joined the short queue, a 5 min wait later and Chip and Dale autographs were added to our book!

We then headed in the trading post to buy a lanyard for our tickets to sit in, as between the photo pass pictures and fast passes I would have had to pull my purse from my bag far too often!
Several dollars lighter we then headed to use our first fast pass of the day. Haunted mansion, we had perhaps a 2 min wait to go into the preshow and stretching room.
Following a good trip in the doom buggys we then headed to Philharmagic, I love this show! It just never gets old!

It was then time for our Winnie the Pooh ride fast pass, again another ride we loved, we got a glimpse of the new interactive queue lines, which looked pretty awesome!

We the found our way upto the storybook circus area and met goofy and Donald, Donald was brilliant, he didn't like Tiffs Mickey Mouse Pen!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 15, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

We were then hungry so went to The Friars Nook

Where i had Mac and cheese hotdog , Grace has Bacon Cheese Burger Mac cheese, and Tiff had a regular Hot Dog this cost Us $27.13, the food was okay, however the service was very very slow.

Following food our fast pass for Meet Ariel opened up, literally one family in front of us and we were through with Ariel, the interaction was really good! She spoke to us about our hair, and Dingle hoppers.

Tired, we then headed out of the park having a couple photo pass pictures and heading through the shops on mainstreet, also via the ice cream stand for Mickey ice cream sandwich which we ate walking towards the ferry back to the TTC.

From There we decided to get the taxi to walmart at Turkey Lake Road, this cost $40
We had a good walk around walmart, buying pop tarts, crisps, fizzy drink and makeup, we particularly enjoyed some of the American brands like wet n wild and physicians formula.
We then got a taxi back to hotel- the taxi in question did not feel particularly safe, however for the short trip back to rosen inn it cost us $12 (this Is about what we expected though)

We got back in the room, unpacked and chilled for a bit. Where the grand what to have for diner debate began...

Finally the debate came to an end and decided on Denny's, we went for dinner about half 5, I had a cheese burger, Tiff had spaghetti bolognase, and Grace had mozzarella sticks, chicken strips and onion rings, this with two soft drinks and a milkshake cost $34.60

Following dinner we popped into walgreens where a few bits were picked up, we went back to the hotel and our room via the lobby for itrolley passes and the ice machine.
We were then in bed by 8:30 and asleep by 9pm!
Old 10 Dec 15, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Wow pricey taxi to MK!

Eek at your new countdown, AKL and BLT you lucky thing!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 16, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great day
Old 16 Jan 16, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We were at rope drop too, and yes, it probably was me you saw at the Tangled toilets!

Such a great first day, you packed a lot in.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List