Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Nov 15, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mr Bear Grand Adventure- November 14- Day 5

Day 4: Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace and Wishes
Index Here

So we awoke bright and early at 6:30! And the usual getting ready routine proceeded. Today I wasn't taking my backpack (just hiding the gopro in Tiffs) so I tucked Mr Bear in for a Duvet day (he's a very lazy bear!) .

We headed out and filled our cups at contemporary, then walked over to Magic kingdom ready for rope drop (we were going to see if we could get in before with our crystal palace ADR, but it wasn't to be).

Once in we headed up towards the castle and got some photo pass pictures done (a great opportunity to get pictures in front of the castle whilst everyone piles to queue for Anna and Elsa and SDMT!)

We then headed up to have a quick ride on peter pans flight before it got busy (which it did shortly after we went on it) and visited the tangled toilets.

We also took a leisurely ride on the carousel before making our way to crystal palace (against the surge of people headed in the opposite direction!) on the way we saw some merry Christmas dancers too!

We checked in and waited a few minutes before being seated, it didn't take long before we saw Piglet, Pooh and Eeyore, we had to wait a bit for Tigger. The food was pretty nice, your standard selection of disney buffet food, the special dish for crystal palace at breakfast is the breakfast lasagne, which is very interesting! (Best way to describe) but it was very enjoyable too.

Fuelled for the day we headed to our fastpass to meet Repunzel and Cinderella (I was not lucky enough to secure SDMT or Anna and Elsa fastpasses, even at 5am at 60 days!) Repunzel was brilliant but Cinderella seamed a little awkward (might have just been that we weren't little kiddies)

We then headed up for a meeting with the chipmunks (I say we, but Grace and I just stood in the line until it was Tiffs turn!)

It was then time for our splash mountain fastpass, which was a very enjoyable ride!
From splash we had a little time to kill so headed to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride the queue was a little big but we waited anyway and discovered heads up whilst waiting in the queueline (the family in front was playing, so tiff downloaded it for us), Pirates was a good attraction and we were glad to have waited for it.

On the way out we walked into the Pirates League show thing (the little pirate dressed kids were with Jack Sparrow!) looked like a fun thing for a youngster to do!

We then spied the shop for dole whips and headed towards town square, on the way we walked through the dance party (where I got a choice shot of Donald Duck!)

Then we headed to the Emporium to purchase my pandora charm! (I wanted a disney parks exclusive to add to my bracelet) I know lots of people had queue issues with the shop, but I had no issues at all, and was served almost straight away.

Charm safely shut away we headed to the Town square Theatre to meet Mickey! Talking Mickey is a bit odd but was good, I would love to know how it works!

It was then time for our ADR for Tony's Town Square Restaurant.

We enjoyed this meal, I think we enjoyed all our meals onsite, but the ADR times I had got were less then ideal in places!

We then waited for the parade on mainstreet, (managing a great spot!) the parade was excellent as always! (Although the music isn't as catchy as the celebrate a dream come true theme was)
Whilst waiting booked Fastpasses for the buzz Lightyear ranger spin.

We then popped back up the frontier land to try and meet Peter Pan, however he didn't show, so we headed for dole floats instead, this queue took a little while, but dole floats were bought... And enjoyed, except they were very very sickly!

After this we headed towards tomorrow land, on our way catching some of the dream along with mickey show in front of the castle.

We booked a couple more fast passes at the little kiosks then decided to grab a ride on the space ranger spin! I seem to remember grace taking the lead in the last half and winning overall!

Having enjoyed our spin, we decided to see if we could get in enchanted tales with belle, we queued around 40 mins for this, however due to our new found addiction to "heads up" this passed quickly and we were in in no time!
I won't ruin enchanted tales with belle, but If you want a picture with her you've got to be part of the show, I was Madame wardrobe (after my amazing opera style la!) and tiff and grace were an enchanted duster and footstoole.

On a high from this we went to meet Aladdin and Jasmine, now as we got in the queue they told us they were going from a break and would be back in 20mins, no problem, heads up was broken out again! (Although this time Tiffs phones battery life was dwindling!) 20 mins of excited shouting out about movies later they had returned and we were ready to meet them!
This turned out to be one of our best character interactions, they were asking about our magic carpet ride and how it sounded like we were from far away.

We then headed for a quick jungle cruise : we kinda stumbled upon it and since it was a first for all of us decided it was a good shout. I think this ride must depend solely on who your guide is, fortunately ours was pretty funny and was a fun Experiance- however not sure it would be on my must dos when we return.

We then roled up for our thunder mountain fastpass, now the further fast passes didn't play nice with my MDE app (nor did wifi) so we thought we were turning up 5 mins into our slot, but we were actually 5 mins late, luckily the kind gate master let us through. Big thunder mountain was possibly my favourite ride in MK! A really good ride, whilst splash and space mountain are fun, this one just topped them, however we didn't get to ride SDMT in the end- not willing to spend over 2 hours in a queue unfortunately!

It was then we decided to see what the queue for Anna and Elsa was like, the board thing was showing 90 mins I believe, however the whole day it had been out of the the little canopy thing, and this time it wasn't even visible. So after we had found the entrance thing (they move it in preparations for wishes) we decided to queue up and just see, if we got there and it seemed really long we would have backed out, but it didn't seem too bad, so we just chilled.
Around 20 mins later we got to the room with the glass slipper, and around 15 mins after that we were meeting them. Anna seemed to have a good interaction, but Elsa just seemed uncomfortable (that may have been our ages though).

After coming out of Anna and Elsa we heard the mainstreet electrical parade, however this wasn't on our times guide! So we were too late to get a good view, however we did find a spot to stand in the crowds so I could grab a few pictures, but next time it will have to be done properly!

Rather then following the hoards up mainstreet we went into the bakery and grabbed cookies and water, then sat on the curb waiting for wishes and Celebrate the magic.
Once they put out the wishes is starting speech we hopped up and had a reasonable view, that is untill people I will state as captain balloon and kid on shoulders decided to pop up in my castle view and destroy all hopes of a nice dark with castle lit picture

However we did enjoy the fireworks and illuminations!
We then headed into the emporium as I had promised to bring back a friend a Minnie and Daisy to add to her plush collection- the cutest ones picked out we then went to leave the park!

But It was after the show when we left the park the realisation of how awesome BLT really was hit. We were walking leisurely back out of the park and whilst everyone was going towards queues for ferries and buses and monorails, we walked passed it all and straight back to the contemporary resort! There was no sardine journey, or queuing in the cold!
We then took our rapid fill cups to get filled and headed back to our room.

A couple round of heads up later and we were all asleep by 10:30 living the dream!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 15, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Big Thunder Mountain is my favourite ride in MK too, although now it's not the same since I rode the Paris version for the first time last year!

I've never met an interesting Cinderella, haha.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 16, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

great day!
Old 18 Jan 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Wow, fab day. We stalked you slightly - we were at the parade too, standing at Geoff's Official Secret Spot! We just strolled into the park a few minutes before the parade (having come from AK) and got a spot right there.

We didn't stay for the Electrical Parade and Wishes though - well done for lasting that long. I guess it was easier because you didn't have far to go to get home! You are really selling the Contemporary to us ...!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List