Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 27 Nov 15, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Polynesian Standard Room

Our dream is to stay at the Polynesian and it would mean lots and lots of saving to make this dream a reality.

We are imagining that staying there would really make your holiday a different experience, what with being so close to the MK but we are worried that the Polynesian might be too busy.

Our son has autism so we need a quiet room to return to in the day, and sleeping can be an issue too.

So my question is are the standard rooms quiet? Is the monorail noisy? We assume our room would have that view. Would you be able to hear the nightly fireworks enough to wake the children?

We are sure that it will be amazing staying there but want to make sure our sons needs are met too.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 15, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We stayed at the Poly in August.

Our corridor was deadly quiet, we never came across a single person in the 5 days we were there. We didn't ever hear anyone above/below/next to us either. It is the quietest room we have ever had at Disney. Even the toilets flushed quieter than the other resorts we stayed at. We had a room overlooking the pool but you couldn't hear any noise at all. You can't hear the fireworks in the rooms either.

The pool itself gets busy.

You cannot hear the monorail from the rooms either, but yes, you head it when on the platform.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 15, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We stayed in 2013. It's a lovely resort. The rooms are huge and we heard no noise until from the monorail. I don't recall hearing the fireworks. You could hear the music from the electrical water pageant.

The main building is very very busy though it is possible to avoid it but we found people coming to ohana and the dinner really made it a big hectic.

We were there over the 4th of July and it was chaotic, although I think this has been addressed a little with gated pool and they seem to have been checking bands for fireworks viewing when busy. We were in a ground floor too. And they put all the patio furniture in to the rooms to stop people helping themselves to it and taking it down the beach on the 3rd and the 4th.

Captain cooks was great, we liked the location of the resort and we loved the quiet pool there. Movies on the beach watching the fireworks when it wasn't busy was amazing.

We tried the yacht club the following year and I much preferred the location of the Epcot resorts as it felt central for everywhere not just MK. You could walk to Epcot and hs.
Old 28 Nov 15, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We have considered the EPCOT hotels but I think there is just something about being near the castle for us as we have always said we would love to stat here. We have looked into the WL but we are worried about the construction and when it end in 2017.

We just have to weigh up if the added expensive is worth the location for our family. Also how much I can save is a big factor in this decision.

If not we will be back to the AKL

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 15, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I really fancy the garden view rooms at the contemporary. They are way cheaper than the Poly, quiet as they are not on the main building, huge and you can walk to MK.

Do you like AKL? We are there next summer.
Old 28 Nov 15, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I really fancy the garden view rooms at the contemporary. They are way cheaper than the Poly, quiet as they are not on the main building, huge and you can walk to MK.

Do you like AKL? We are there next summer.
The contemporary isn't coming up when I play with prices, but I wouldn't turn a stay down there either. I did wonder what it would be like for the children, son will be 7, little girl 3. We walked there when we had a meal at Chef Mickey many moons ago.

We stayed in AKL in 2012 and really liked it. We only had the basic room but where upgraded to a view. We ended up staying at the hotel quite a bit as our son was so young. Because he has issues with crowds and we have to factor that in we were hoping that a stay near MK would mean we could see the fireworks without worry.

Decisions, decisions

Old 28 Nov 15, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
The Poly is our fav resort and we never thought we could afford it but we got a fab offer for next Oct 5 nights (4 of us in room 2 adults and 16 and 18 yo) free dining, $200 gift card, memory maker plus usual transport magic bands etc. Worked out just £200 more than 5 nights in villa dining oop car hire etc.

Definatley work pricing next April,when they release 2017!
Old 28 Nov 15, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyD View Post
The Poly is our fav resort and we never thought we could afford it but we got a fab offer for next Oct 5 nights (4 of us in room 2 adults and 16 and 18 yo) free dining, $200 gift card, memory maker plus usual transport magic bands etc. Worked out just £200 more than 5 nights in villa dining oop car hire etc.

Definatley work pricing next April,when they release 2017!
Thank you. I'm keeping everything crossed for free dine in 2017, it will be the only way we can afford to go x

Old 28 Nov 15, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread