Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Dec 15, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Halloween/Xmas Combo Day 2 Epcot

Day 2 Epcot 27.10.15
I woke briefly at 2am followed by 4am. As Darren also woke and we couldn't get back to sleep we both got up. The kids followed at around 6 and we were heading for Disney by 7. We had booked a room at All Star Music resorts for tonight as we found a discount which was the same price as 4 magic bands and 2 days parking. The bonuses would be extra magic hours for 2 days and Darren would be able to sample the drinks at the Food and Wine Festival.

As it was so early check in was very quick and we were soon the proud wearers of 4 magic bands. A bus to Epcot was waiting as we exited so we jumped on and were entering Epcot by 8.00 and arriving at Soarin by 8.15.
My touring plans plan estimated arriving at 8.16 and having a 6 minute wait so we were a little disappointed to find a 30 minute wait. However, it only took 20 minutes and I was thoroughly pleased to be Soarin again. With Test Track at 40 minutes we decided to swerve that and headed to the more reasonable walk on Spaceship Earth. After a pleasant journey we enjoyed half an hour playing in Project Tomorrow. Darren and Alix then headed for drinks while Matt and I headed for Innoventions. There was a small queue for Sum of All Thrills so I waited with Matt, planning to swap with Darren or Alix when they arrived. But they didn't arrive! I tried phoning and messaging but nothing! I swallowed my fear and agreed to go on if Matt agreed no loops. He was very good and designed a tame bobsled ride - I think I was lucky it was the first time he has been on and it was tamer than he expected. We both enjoyed this. When we found Darren and Alix with their drinks Alix had looked for us but we must have already gone through to the design area - and of course she never looked there as she thought there was no way I would go on. Alix had kindly bought me a delicious birthday cake, cake pop from Starbucks. We rode Nemo and looked around the aquariums.

We then had some great fun with the jumping water fountains before entering World Showcase which was busier than I expected for the time of day.

We browsed the shops in Port of Entry, UK and France before catching the friendship boat to Beaches n Cream for lunch.

This was our first time eating here and we had grilled cheese (me), hot dog (Darren) and chicken sandwiches (kids). The food was ok but what we had really come for was the Kitchen Sink. After a little debate we chose the smaller version with the souvenir Mickey's Pants and swapped the chocolate ice cream for mint.

I was really pleased we did as even though it tasted delicious the four of us couldn't finish it.

With this version we enjoyed the ice cream, gained a souvenir and saved a few dollars.

As we waited for the friendship boat first day tiredness kicked in, resulting in a little argument with Matt but nothing was going to spoil my first day in Florida - back in Disney. On the way back I bought a T shirt and Matt bought a jacket - from the UK - yes all the way to the USA to buy something from the UK. We made one final stop at Club Cool where we enjoyed the samples - its a shame you can't buy these to take home though.

We were lucky again with the buses as one was waiting. We had received an email with our room numbers so we headed there, somehow finding ourselves in Movies, rather than Music. We were very impressed with the room but not so much the long walk from the bus stop, which we knew we wouldn't enjoy at the end of the day. At that point a dip in our lovely villa pool seemed very appealing so after a little discussion, where Darren decided he wasn't bothered about drinking at the Food n Wine Festival we decided to not stay and head back to the villa. We took some souvenirs of pen, notebook and toiletries and on the way back to the car took some photos of this great resort.

When I booked this one night stay I knew Darren and the kids might not enjoy being away from the villa on the first day but thought as it wasn't costing us anything extra it was worth a chance.

When we arrived back at Silver Creek we followed the school bus and I enjoyed watching the children arrive home, some being collected by their parents. This just seems so American to me. Silver Creek feels like Lindfields to me and appears to be an area that people live, rather than holiday, which I prefer.

The showers started as we arrived back but this didn't stop us jumping in the pool. When you're wet anyway a few splashes of warm water doesn't matter. Around 6 it started to get heavier so we decided to postpone FnW, which the kids were happy about. Matt reckons we have outgrown the parks and we need to be more spontaneous. He certainly enjoyed his pool time more than the park time.

Before we came out he was talking about not coming with us next year (he is enjoying his college life too much to want to spend nearly 3 weeks with his family) but tonight he was talking about bringing a friend next year so I think he's back into holiday mode.

We enjoyed barbecue pulled pork, sausages and meatballs for tea but Alix was disappointed that Dominoes doesn't deliver to Silver Creek. We had a lovely evening relaxing and playing in the pool and spa before retiring to bed at 9.30.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 15, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

A shame you didn't stay at All stars, but with all that rain you were probably better off not going to Food and Wine
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 15, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
A shame you didn't stay at All stars, but with all that rain you were probably better off not going to Food and Wine
It was disappointing but turned out for the best.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 15, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like you're loving your villa although the resort does look nice! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 15, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Sounds like you're loving your villa although the resort does look nice! Pussycat
We certainly were 😁.
Old 5 Jan 16, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great to see your pictures from All Stars Music, not a resort you see that often.

I knew exactly what day you were writing about without even looking at the date, I could tell from the rain in the pictures! We called our day at MK short 'today' and went to mini golf instead.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List