Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Dec 15, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
soarinfan
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Video Mike & Sam Go West! Day 13 - Achievement complete! Disney California Adventure

Mike and Sam Go West!
A Holiday Extravaganza

Please click the images below to watch Episode 16 AND 17 of our Holiday Vlog!

Unfortunately folks I won't be going as in-depth as I used to go on with the trip reports anymore. I don't seem to get much feedback on them so I see little point in busting a gut trying to write them! The vlogs on the channel do take a lot of time and effort to put together and make and I seem to be getting more people enjoying them than the reports. But I will include some photos, a little commentary and of course links to our vlog on our YouTube channel - as the majority of the story is told in the vlogs anyway! Enjoy!

Today we were literally completing the circle of Disney Parks. As we crossed the threshold of Disney California Adventure we had officially been in EVERY Disney Park in the entire world which was an awesome achievement (not counting Shanghai of course - at time of visiting in June 2015 it was still under construction!). Our plan today was to meet up with my friend Luke again (ironically his FIRST Disney park - that he can remember anyway! ) and spend the day here, whilst Jade & Jake did their own thing in Santa Monica & Downtown LA.

Radiator Springs Racers was by far the ride I was most looking forward to - and have been ever since I heard of its creation a couple of years back. A similar ride system to Test Track in Epcot, but themed directly on the movie spectacular Cars. Plus it also includes a dual track where you "race" (take that term very loosely! ) with a fellow ride vehicle which is pretty neat. There are a few snippets of the ride in the Vlog, but if you want to enjoy the whole thing, just click the image below to take you to my POV ;

Luke was fairly late (typical LA traffic - and laziness! ) but he finally arrived and we got FastPasses sorted for World of Color (highly recommended) as well as some rides on RSR, Soarin amongst others.

Lunch was something else all together! We headed to the Pizza & Pasta place which is near to the entrance of Paradise Pier, where the great pizza debate began! Sam wanted just one slice of pizza, but being pizza pigs, Luke & I wanted to a whole pizza between us. So Sam got her individual slice, and we got our pizza, which we were told was 7 slices. Easy right? No...because they lied. It was 14 slices. Food coma time!

As the afternoon went on and the temperature picked up, we were in dire need of air con - thank you Aladdin the Musical over by Tower of Terror for 45 minutes! Again something I have wanted to see for many years, which is now scheduled to close for a Frozen show. As much as I like Frozen, it best be VERY good else it will make me mad that another Disney classic is being ousted for something newer. The show is nothing short of amazing, with a flying carpet to boot! You can again watch some snippets in the vlog, or catch the whole show by clicking the picture below;

Tower of Terror was too much of a queue to wait in, so after milling around and enjoying some other rides and attractions, and having a light bite to eat (definitely didn't need much after that pizza) we checked in for our World of Color viewing area which wasn't too bad at all!

We were warned that we WILL get WET - I knew it was a fountain show but I couldn't see how we could get WET (in capital letters) unless they literally turned the fountain hoses on us. Yeah...they pretty much do during the Frozen scene!

The show itself though was absolutely amazing, and I loved the involved of Neil Patrick Harris (even if Sam doesn't like him as an actor at all!). You can watch our full show from click the picture below ;

What an awesome day we had finishing our Disney Parks circle! We decided to walk back to the car based on yesterdays debacle with the Parking Lot trams! We had to get home and get to sleep as guess where we were getting up to go to tomorrow? Disney California Adventure again of course!

Thanks all for reading and watching Day 13 folks. Tomorrow in Day 14, we return to Disney California Adventure with Jade & Jake. Please be sure to visit my YouTube channel and Subscribe if you are enjoying the vlogs and videos
soarinfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant :-)
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 16, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Great report, well done for achieving all the parks!
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 16, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Oh I'm so loving your trip reports - watched two movies but really appreciate the effort you've put in with the stills.
Old 23 Feb 16, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
soarinfan
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Glad you're enjoying them! It takes a lot of time but its nice to extend the holiday this way
soarinfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List