Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Jan 16, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

Another Trip For The Cod Couple Day 5 Animal Kingdom

DAY 5

Animal Kingdom

Again we were up prematurely I don’t even get up that early on a work day.

We decided to set off as soon as we were ready and grab breakfast at the park.

Again we nipped up the hotel alley and we were there before opening.

It actually took 40 minutes to get through bag check and they pulled a mountain of selfie sticks.

I wouldn’t care but we were given a notice about this at the car park pay booth.

It’s also a good idea not to get behind a wheelchair or stroller because they seemed to be getting singled out for special attention.

Weird that because the only section of society I have seen not carrying an I Phone are the toddlers and special needs so why would they feel the need to secrete a selfie stick.

I wasn’t feeling the magic there is very little shade at the entrance.

With hindsight we should have gone straight to the Rainforest but the Rainforest wasn’t my eatery of choice.

I queued for 40 minutes to have my fanny pack checked. Yet fellas who wear those stupid three quarter length baggy polyester drawers just walk through the no bags queue. I couldn’t fit an AK47 in my fanny pack but they could fit two in those baggy drawers.

By this time we were starving so it had to be the Rainforest.

Fortunately there wasn’t a wait and we were seated straight away.

Our server Heather had a very authentic Disney voice.

She was however lovely.

We were seated quite near the entrance so faced with the three tubular fish tanks. There was a girl in there cleaning them out. She had an air- line.

That's the amount of space she had. Obviously the slimmest Disney employee.

The fish were following her sucking on her face and arms she seemed oblivious and just carried on with the cleaning.

I just couldn’t take my eyes off her.

Sod the thunder and rain just look at that lass in the tubes. The tubes are all connected at the top by a really narrow tube she had to swim through it to get to the next tank. All the fish followed her.

Surely having a shoal of fish stick their nose into your crotch can’t have been part of the job description.

We were also quite near the podium and there were four CMs just stood there having a right good “goss”.

I could also see there were about eight people waiting to be seated and there was plenty of seating.

Next thing the manager arrived and bellowed LADIES PLEASE.

They all scattered but he then went on to give The Seater a right rollocking.

OHHHH. someone got out of the wrong side of his cage this morning.

As you probably know I don't take pictures of food but I managed to snap Al's plate on the pretext I was snapping him.

No I didn't have the same because my teeth couldn't cope with that bacon and I can't stand eggs that are brown underneath.

If you don't want brown under the eggs don't ask for sunny side up.

The food was good but the entertainment was even better and I’m not talking about the thunder, rain and plastic elephant.

Our first stop was the river rapids the idea being it would give us the rest of the day to dry off.

We had a fast pass and the standby line was 40 minutes.

That stand by lane wasn’t forty minutes at all because when we joined the fast pass lane an extremely tall, beautiful girl with the biggest ugly shoes I have ever seen joined the stand by lane.

It didn’t take us forty minutes to walk the fast pass lane to the dinghy and puss in boots was actually in our dinghy.

Erm just where have the covers gone from the middle of the dinghy?

That was the reason I put flip flops on so that I could slip them off and pop them into the middle.

I toyed with the idea of asking big foot if she would store my flip flops but thought better of it.

I don’t think anybody got an absolute soaking the ride has been humbled somewhat.

A shame really because there was a little lad in our dinghy and I could tell he was desperate for it to be him that got a soaking.

It’s also slightly short I don’t think I could be bothered queuing for any length of time for it.

We had a fast pass for the safari and oh dear the Camp Commandants were going into over drive herding everybody in and route marching them to the ride.

I think Disney have to make this fast pass system work and are totally OTT.

I asked Elise if there was a fire.

“Excuse me marm”?

“Is there an emergency somewhere”?

“No marm we just have to keep these people moving”

“Correction Elise they are not people they are guests”

She wasn’t even listening to me she was busy bellowing “GO STRAIGHT ON UP, PUT THE CARD ON MICKY’S HEAD, YOU’RE GREEN AND CLEAR TO GO”.

A few of the children were struggling to use the wristbands BREAK THAT KIDS WRIST HE HAS STOPPED THE LINE. That was me not Elise.

All along the route there were CMs herding us along.

Every time one of them barked go straight on up now I just thrust my head forward at them and barked back “You talking to ME”?

It wasn’t easy I only had flip flops on if I had known there was a route march pre-safari I would have worn Nike Air Max.

I think the problem was there were more guests in the fast pass lane than the stand-by lane and that fast pass system had to look to be working.

The poor ten people that were actually in the standby looked on bemused. You will wait sixty minutes even if we have to drag people out of the Yak and Yeti shame on you for not choosing the safari as a fast pass.

Finally we made it to the Safari Bus exhausted and foot sore.

Two old hippos quite clearly in love.

Not me and Al these two.

We walked the Maharaja and the Panganini trail. It was so hot all the animals were being lazy.

As I was looking at the map for the Panganini trail two C.Ms walked by pushing a huge wheelie bin. They were deep in conversation. I remarked to Al it begins with a P one of the CMs immediately broke off the conversation and asked if she could help me.

I was heartened.

She took the map and showed me where it was.

I actually knew where it was I was only trying to remember the name of it.

I didn’t tell her that though because she had gone out of her way to help us.

Her name was Emmeline I filled in a commendation in guest services before we left. I didn’t complain about Elise I suspect they are doing what they have been told to do.

I really hope Emmeline gets promoted from pushing bins she deserved it.

Of course a trip to the Animal Kingdom is never complete without a visit to the Lion King. I actually had a fast pass for this purely because I had to pick three.

The only benefit of the fast pass was we weren’t left queuing in the red hot sun for as long.

The show as always was spectacular and I do think it is the best show out of all the Disney Parks.

Our last ride was its Tough to be a Bug I never tire of this but as usual there were loads of screaming tots. I really feel for them and I think they should start it off with lighting and a more pleasant type of bug and ease them into it gently.

On the way out we bought ice creams I had a strawberry lolly it was that hot it melted before I could eat it. There were real strawberries in it and they finished up all down my top.

Ten minutes after leaving we were back.

We have now passed this corner about eight times and the same guy has been stood there. Another one with a weird job.

We spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool, there were four pools at the resort but we were quite close to the main one.
It was a decent size and there was rarely anybody in it.

Dinner was at Millers Ale house it was about a fifteen minutes’ walk.

From the outside it was not that attractive a very drab concrete building but once inside we did not regret it.

There were that many TV's it was a bit like being in Curry’s.

I half expected Brad our server to try to sell me a three year product care plan.

The beer at $8 a pitcher is less than half the price of the same at Downtown Disney.

The food was very good quality and reasonably priced. Al had the ribs which were on special. It was very busy so I had no reason to think the ribs were something they wanted rid of. I had blackened lime chicken. We also ordered zingers and a salad.

Did we eat it all?

We ate the zingers they tasted as though they had been passed down by the gods themselves.

We couldn’t even manage half of the rest of it. There was far too much. I noticed a kid opposite had something that looked like fish fingers and chips to be honest after those zingers that would have been enough for me.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 16, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 10 Jan 16, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Brilliant!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 16, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Great day
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another great day for the two of you
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Is it odd that now I really want to eat at Firehouse Subs!?
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 16, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great day again, we LOVE Millers!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 16, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

A great day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Great day, love that you bothered to drop in a commendation.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I love millers and the lion king show
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List