Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Mar 16, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Chilly's Happy Ever After Day 8

Monday 16th November

Little bit of a lie in this morning knowing we'd be up late tonight. Freya had some cereal in the room and Mike got muffins for us from Starbucks plus a tea and coffee. We headed to Epcot and queued up to see Chip and Dale then went in to Innovations but there was nothing in there so we tried the other one which was pretty busy. We queued up or the Colour segment and I wasn't really expecting it to be any good but it was actually really fun. Next stop our first FP which was for living with the land. This is normally i walk on but the queue was huge, clearly an effect of FP+. Next was Nemo which had another huge queue but it moved quickly however it was still 15 mins to get on our clam shell.

I'd been playing phone tag with my friend Katie all morning arranging to meet somewhere and we were both now heading to World Showcase for the Food & Wine festival. Katie said she was in Scotland so we headed there but I couldn't see her. So we started walking anti clockwise although we didn't get very far i stopped in Hawaii for a pork slider. At this point 2 things happened I found out Katie had gone clockwise and Freya started to get hungry so we hurried round to Ireland and got Freya a cheese plate with bread and chutney. We sat on the curb to let her eat it in the shade then went back round to meet Katie. At first I walked past her but luckily spotted her out of the corner of my eye so did a u turn. Much hugging and introductions happened next then the real eating and drinking commenced with Katie's husband another Mike and his cousin Frankie leading the charge as they wanted to get something in every country.

Mikey & Freya became firm friends straight away

A group of 8 adults, 2 toddlers and 1 baby makes pretty slow progress though. At Mexico we split up briefly as we went inside to cool down a bit. Freya enjoyed colouring a duffy bear then we did the boat ride. Back outside Katie hadn't gotten very far, no where in fact as she'd needed to do some baby maintenance. The queue for Donald wasn't very long so we got in line. When it was our turn we saw the classic difference between boys and girls, Freya went straight up to Donald and posed but Mikey instead ran backwards and forwards between us and Donald it was really funny. It was even funnier when Donald decided enough was enough and just sort of grabbed Mikey and manhandled him into a photo. It got even funnier when Donald went over to see a sleeping Luca, he kept telling everyone to be quiet and covering him up but the photopass photographer kept pushing the cover back so he could get a photo.

We carried on around the world, in China we got the duck and I had a Kung Fu Punch (or Panda as i called it on facebook) both were really nice. We found some picnic benches in Germany so all sat down for a bit and fanned out to visit neighbouring stalls and countries. I tried the chicken and pasta from Italy. Mikey and Freya both needed naps now and we thought that while they were asleep we might get a lot done. In fact we didn't even get out of Germany before they were awake. The girls all went to get some of the German popcorn to keep for later, a little fireworks snack, but we all forgot to eat it. Freya really like the model village and train and i'm sure could have stayed there longer but we pressed on reaching the USA where we listened to Chaka Khan for a bit. We went into the quick service place and got Freya the kids shrimp meal then we let her colour another duffy bear. I got a slider to eat and Mike tried the lobster roll. In Morocco we got a pitta and I had a mimosa. Onto France for a crepe and creme brulee plus a slushie martini. In Ireland we got another of the cheese plates. I had really wanted to get the soup in Canada but i was pretty stuffed at this point and it was still really hot. We found a good spot for the fireworks here though so we made camp. The boys stayed put and Katie and I went to look at the remaining stalls. I got Mike a tipsy laird from Scotland but nothing else and Katie got her Mike a few bits but he wouldn't complete the challenge sadly. The kids kept us entertained while we waiting for the fireworks, being really cute giving each other hugs and kisses. When the fireworks started Freya got upset, she didn't like the bangs. I was pretty annoyed with myself as i had ear defenders but had left them at the hotel. Even though she didn't really like them she still clapped at the end. We said our goodbyes to everyone and headed out of the park.

Steps today 17100
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List