VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
The Land Sea & Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 9, Magic Kingdom, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique & Be Our Guest

The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 9, Magic Kingdom, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Be Our Guest and Shopping

The previous day is HERE

There are LOADS of photos today!

Monday 19th October 2015

I woke at about 7am today and Kaley was awake not long after. We got up, got dressed, etc. and Madison actually had a lie in and woke at 7.45am. She got dressed then found some invites on the doormat. They were so excited to receive invites to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and to meet Anna and Elsa.

I went onto the MDE app and switched around our FP's for today. I had Peter Pan booked in but as we had already done it, I wanted to change it. We also had SDMT in again and I knew there was no chance Madison would go on again! I swapped Peter Pan for Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid and SDMT for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

We left at about 8.45am and drove to MK. It was really busy and there was a lot of traffic getting into the parking lot. We were parking in Simba 9 at about 9am. There were lots of people waiting for the tram so we decided to walk instead. The monorail wasn't running again so we had the option of the ferry or the bus. We decided to go with the ferry option. Due to the volume of people waiting, two ferries came and went and we were still waiting!

The next thing that happened really did quite annoy me - we were near-ish to the front now and everyone was directed towards the left hand side of the queue, for want of a better word for the masses of people waiting. They then let all of the people who were at the back of the queue go straight to the front on the right hand side, grrr. I'm not sure why they did this or if it is a regular thing but I did wonder why they didn't just move all of us that were nearer to the front to both sides.

Anyway, we finally got on the third ferry and were walking through the entrance just after 10am, an hour after we parked the car!

Already, it is obvious that the park is busy today and I am glad that we FP's and ADR's booked.

We stopped to have some photos taken on Main Street

Then Phil took some photos of Main Street

And took a photo of the second most important window

We went to the toilets near the Baby Care Centre and Phil took more photos while he was waiting

From there, we went to Adventureland

Phil wanted a dole whip float so we went to Aloha Isle to get one. This should be $5.29 but we used a snack credit

After we had this, we made our way towards Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for our 10.50am reservations.

We checked in at 10.40am and Madison and Kaley were given their invitations

I have written that a Fairy-Godmother-in training named Molly came and spoke to Kaley for ages and was lovely. I think this was her

(We had so many compliments throughout the holiday about the magic bands and I think this is what they were talking about here.)

We sat down to wait

At some point between having the dole whip float and arriving here, we had changed Madison into her Elsa dress. We had Kaley's with us too but she didn't want to wear it.

There were two other Madison's also waiting at the same time as us, so they said Madison would be Madison E (for Emily, her middle name) as there was already a Madison S (our surname).

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 06:31 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from previous post

Kaley's name was called first at 11.05am and her Fairy Godmother-in-training was Liz. We all went through together and could see them cleaning the chair next to where Kaley was seated so hoped that was for her. Liz checked with me which hairstyle we wanted and got to work

A couple of minutes after Kaley's name had been called, Madison was called and she was next to Kaley. Her Fairy Godmother-in-training was Maria. She immediately got chatting to Madison and checked I was happy with the hairstyle Madison chose.

Kaley having her hair done

And Madison having her hair done

Putting on her crown

Soon they were both having their make up done

And having their nails done

Kaley drying her nails

This time around, they both only had the one Fairy Godmother-in-Training working with them; when we took Madison in 2013 she had two people. It did mean we saved on the tip!

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Edited at 05:50 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

After their final touches, including the sparkly gem on their face, it was time for them both to see themselves. Kaley was finished a couple of minutes before Madison.

Getting ready to be sprinkled with pixie/fairy dust

Being sprinkled with pixie/fairy dust

Kaley seeing herself

Kaley really enjoyed this. She was so happy just sitting listening to Liz, who was great with her, and chatting a bit.

Soon, Madison was also finished and being sprinkled with pixie/fairy dust

And then it was her turn to see herself

Madison loved this experience again. Maria was great with her, chatting throughout and asking lots of questions. They spent a lot of time talking about all of the Princess crowns that were on display.

I feel that it didn't take as long this time as we were only in there for just over 30 minutes, though I don't feel that it was at all rushed. I just felt like it took longer the last time.

Maria and Liz took both girls over to the tills and got them sorted with their bags, make up, nail varnish, etc.

Kaley's hair close up

We tipped the ladies $10 each then settled up at the till. The total bill for the two of them for the Crown package was $163.30. The items on the bill are: BBB Palette, BBB Cinchsack, BBB Face Gems, BBB Glitter Nail Polish, BBB Tiara and BBB Sash. There is then a bundle discount listed which was $21.70 off each package, making the total to pay $119.90. Tax was $7.80 making the total amount to pay $127.70. At $59.95 plus tax each, I think this is an excellent experience and would still highly recommend it.

(Going completely off topic, but I just wanted to mention for anyone interested that when I paid with my FairFx cards, all of my receipts showed the remaining balance on the bottom of them, which I found very useful.)

Back to today, and once we had finished, we went over to Castle Couture so we could have more photos taken

It must have been 11.40-11.45 by now and we had to wait a while as the people in front of us were having lots of photos taken. Phil took some photos showing the lovely theming in here

And then some photos of the girls

Continued in next post

Edited at 05:48 PM.
Old 6 Apr 16, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

It was our turn at 11.50am and I have written that we were done 5 minutes later. We had lots of photos taken and again didn't feel rushed so I don't know what on earth the people in front of us were doing to take so long! Our photographer was Dayna and she was brilliant with the girls and had them doing different poses.

I think we had photos of each of the girls and then together so that is how I will show the photos!

Kaley's photos

Madison's photos

Then the pictures of them together

Continued in next post

Edited at 05:31 PM.
Old 6 Apr 16, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

And a photo that Phil took

We had the photos all loaded onto our magic band then had the photo card we had been given at BBB added to our account at the till.

It was coming up to lunchtime now so we walked around to Liberty Square to go to Columbia Harbour House

We saw Ryan, Bethany and Piper sat at a table outside. They had had a reservation for Piper to have her first haircut at the Harmony Barbershop, which they had been to whilst we were at BBB, and had gone to CHH for an early lunch after. They were just about finished, perfect timing, so we had their table from them.

I left Phil with the girls and went and joined the very long queue that was out of the door! They gave everyone menus to look at whilst waiting.

If I remember correctly, the line was fairly fast moving and I was soon inside, and not long after, placing my order. We had a chicken nuggets and fries ($9.29), a chicken nuggets and fish combo and fries ($9.59), a fish and fries ($8.49) and an Anchors Aweigh sandwich and chips ($9.49). For desserts, we had one seasonal cobbler, which was peach, ($4.29) and three chocolate cakes ($4.19 each). For drinks, I got two regular diet cokes ($2.99 each), a bottled water ($2.75) and a slush lemonade ($3.99). The total cost, including tax of $4.14, should have been $70.58 but we used 4 counter service credits.

At this point you may be thinking, how did she carry all of that?! I hadn't considered how much there would be when I left Madison with Phil and Kaley so a server had to carry the second tray for me!

Here is most of the food

Madison and Kaley enjoying theirs

And the desserts

This was all really good, hot, fresh and tasty and a great use of counter service credits.

After we had finished eating and had a bit of a rest we decided to go on the Liberty Belle as it was just pulling around to the dock.

I think the sign said that this departed every 30 minutes, on the hour and the half hour. We were on the boat at 12.56pm and went up to the second deck.

This was a lovely ride and one I'm not sure if I have ever been on before. If I have, it was many, many years ago.

We saw Big Thunder Mountain going around a few times

And Phil got a good picture of Splash Mountain

A kind man offered to take a photo of the 4 of us

Soon, the ride was over and we walked back towards Fantasyland, stopping to take a couple of pictures on the way

We stopped at the Tangled restrooms on the way (still can't get over how pretty they are ) then went to use our rearranged FP for Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid

It was 1.45pm and the standby line at this point for this ride was 50 minutes. We all enjoyed the ride, especially not having to wait in the standby line.

It was very windy today and we noticed these signs out

We weren't staying late so don't know if this ended up happening. We also noticed that it was very busy in the park. It's a Small World had a wait time of 40 minutes, 15 minutes for Philharmagic and there was a very long line for the carousel.

It was now time for our 2.10-3.10pm Anna and Elsa FP. We didn't have to wait long at all for this and were in the room to meet them within a couple of minutes. We were also the last ones in to see them before they went on a break so had a bit longer interaction than normal.

Anna was first up

She was great fun and was really excited by the bags the girls had gotten from BBB. She wanted to try it on

And see what was inside too

Once they had finished chatting, she walked them over to Elsa, where they had more photos

There was lots more talking between all of the girls and lots of questions asked before they finally said goodbye. This was another excellent character meet we had and Madison and Kaley loved it.

Continued in next post

Edited at 06:32 PM.
Old 6 Apr 16, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We had a quick photo in the shop you exit into

Phil took more photos of the castle

We walked towards Main Street so that we could watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade

We decided to wait in the hub, just before the walkway towards Liberty Square, right by the rope. It was only 2.35pm so we had a bit of a wait.

The Main Street Philharmonic marching band came through first, followed by the Grand Marshalls.

It wasn't long before we could hear the music and saw the performers and floats coming towards us. Sorry, I have loads of photos!

We all loved this. It was so fun to watch and the music so catchy. I can't say I've been overly fussed with parades in the past but I really enjoyed this one and would definitely watch it again.

Continued in next post

Edited at 06:13 PM.
Old 6 Apr 16, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Lovely Halloween decoration

It was now time for our Buzz FP. Unfortunately, the line for this was very long. I think lots of people with FPs around the parade time must come as soon as it has finished, like we did. The line moved at quite a fast pace, until we got to about 5 couples in front of us when it broke down! Thankfully, this only lasted a few minutes and we were getting on the ride at 3.50pm.

I think these scores were Phil and Kaley's

And these were mine and Madison's

Our ride photos

We came off the ride and walked to Be Our Guest for our 4.20pm dinner reservation.

It was very grey and cloudy

We met Dan, Dave and Adam and checked in. We only had to wait a few minutes before we were taken down to the entrance

And then inside

We were seated at 4.15pm in the Grand Ballroom. Wow, is it stunning in here. It really is so beautiful, they have done an excellent job with this restaurant. The chandeliers are amazing

Lovely rose napkins

We were told we were welcome to have a wander around and were given our menus

We placed our usual drinks orders and had a quick wander

We checked out the Rose Room and West Wing too, and as amazing as they are, we all loved the Ballroom the best.

We all ordered our food and were soon brought out the bread rolls and salted butter.

I don't have many food photos from this restaurant for some reason and the rolls and butter is one of the ones I don't have. These were lovely and I'm sure we finished them.

We hadn't been in long before our dinners were brought out. Kaley had grilled cheese and tomato soup ($9.49 including the dessert and drink)

This was good and she ate a decent amount of it.

Madison had the kids Grilled Steak, with fries and green beans ($11.49)

She really liked this and ate everything.

Phil and I both had the Grilled Strip Steak with fries, seasonal vegetables and garlic and herb butter ($33.49 each)

This was nice, but the steak was a bit underdone for my liking. It took quite a while after we had finished for our plates to be cleared. Our server disappeared for most of our time in the restaurant and we were sat waiting for quite a while, which was a shame.

Finally, after the table was cleared, our server brought the dessert cart round. I have no photos of dessert but we had: Kaley, strawberry cupcake, Madison, éclair and Phil and I also had an éclair each ($4.19 each). I have written that mine was nice, and much better than I had expected it to be. I do think for a table service restaurant with a steak for $33.49 on the menu, they should improve the dessert offerings.

Our total for this meal should have been $102.32 plus $6.66 tax but we used 4 table service credits. Our share of the tip was $18.42 and we left $19.

We were told to show our receipt so we could go and see Beast. I wasn't fussed on staying but Phil and the girls wanted to so we joined the line.

Waiting

The line was actually really long so we had quite a wait to see him.

Once we had finished, we headed to the exit. There was quite a wait for the monorail and we had to wait for a second before we got on. I think this was taken whilst we were on the monorail

We got straight onto a tram back to the car and were in it and on our way to the outlets at Vineland just after 6.45pm. I think we parked fairly easily when we got there and spent about an hour and a half there. I was very disappointed in Osh Kosh and Carters. They are great for babies and toddlers and I just didn't like anything they had for my age girls.

We went to Journeys to see if they had some Uggs for Madison and Kaley but they didn't have what I wanted.

We did get some bargains in the Disney Character Warehouse though. Madison bought some pins ($6.99, $4.99 and $4.99), a writing set ($7.99), a notebook ($1.99) and colouring book ($1.99), spending a total of $28.94 plus tax. Kaley got some pins ($6.99), an Amber doll, from Sofia the First ($9.99) and an Anna doll and wardrobe set ($14.99), spending $31.97 plus tax. The Anna set was a bargain as they were selling them in the normal Disney Store at the mall for $32.95 each.

They had lots of 2015 merchandise reduced so I was able to get a large photo album ($9.99), the same notebook Madison got ($1.99), a scrapbook kit ($3.99) and a scrapbook album ($11.99), making a total of $27.96 plus tax.

I was so pleased to get these as they were also available at full price onsite at Disney.

We had a look in Toys R Us but everything in there was standard full priced items so didn't get anything. I got three long sleeved tops from American Eagle, all with 60% off so cost $9.99 each and Phil got a few tops too.

We were done by now so went back to the car and drove home to OKW. We were back just before 9pm and put the girls straight to bed. I sorted out the shopping, put some drying in and sat down to chat. We decided that we would have a later start at Epcot tomorrow so switched our Test Track FP from 11.30am to 6.25pm. We were in bed around 11pm.

Next, day 10 - Swimming, helicopter trip, Epcot around the World and the Grand One Yacht again is HERE

DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 44/48 Table Service used, 23/48 Counter Service used and 7/48 Snack Credits used

Edited at 06:29 PM.
Old 6 Apr 16, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Wow what a fab day Lisa!

The girls looked SO pretty after they BBB experience and they look totally chuffed Memories for life!

Some really lovely photos today around the MK. They made me so excited to be back soon!

Thanks for sharing xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
redscouse2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for sharing another lovely day . Your girls looked amazing . 😊
redscouse2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We had a nightmare getting to the Magic Kingdom first thing every visit last Oct/Nov. The monorail was never running, it was so frustrating.

The pictures of the girls showing Anna their bags absolutely melted my heart, so sweet.

I agree about the desserts at Be Our Guest, the cupcakes etc are fine for lunch but they could do so much more with the French cuisine theme for dinner.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List