Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Apr 16, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

We'd Better Visit the Mouse! Day 14 - 5th Oct 2015 - Magic Kingdom

Today's Vlogs:

Our last full day. I won't say 'I can't believe it came around so quick' because at this point we're all too aware of how quickly the holiday comes to its end!

We had fast passes booked for the day, one for Thunder Mountain, one for Jungle Cruise and one for Space Mountain.

Today we really wanted to mop up on the street shows we'd missed, so we took it easy on the rides.

But first we needed a bite to eat! Over to Gaston's Tavern for a huge pastries and drinks. Those went down well and it was time for a fast pass.

We managed to convinced Gemma's dad to join us on Space Mountain! A small victory as he'd been adament that he wouldn't ride. I really enjoyed it the first time and this second time Gemma decided she liked it more too. I think we rode the other track, which somehow made her ride more enjoyable? I dunno! But from the photo her poor dad didn't look entirely convinced!

We had a fastpass for Jungle Cruise and I think we all had a good laugh on that. The CM driving was piling the jokes and puns in.

Following lunch our Big Thunder Mountain pass was enjoyed once more, then we decided to head back towards the front of the park to check out the Festival of Fantasy parade.

3pm rolled around and finally we were in place for the parade! We'd missed it on two previous trips for some reason. I think the fastpasses were booked before we looked at show times. It seemed to take forever for the parade to reach us. Probably because we were stood out in the sun. We picked a reasonably good spot on Main Street, but had a bin right by us so had to keep moving to allow people to throw stuff away.

The parade was fantastic, our joint favourite float being the steampunk dragon. So very very cool! Lots of colour and some great character interaction.

It was probably about time to call it a day, but we couldn't get out! Somehow we'd totally missed that there was a second parade called 'Move It Shake It' and that unfolded right in front of us. Lots of party music and characters, lots of dancing. They wanted photos hashtagged on Twitter to show on the floats... So I immediately snapped a pic of Gemma and sent it on our twitter account. Sure enough, up popped the photo on the side of the floats! How cool

With that parade over it really was time to make a move towards the exit. Not one of us rushed! We were all pretty tired, but we made our way down Main Street checking most of the shops, we added a pin badge to our collection making a full set of four plus a few other themed pins across the holiday.

We chose the ferry ride back and Gemma and I propped ourselves at the front of the ferry, turned away from the castle. We'd already said our goodbyes and didn't want to watch it getting smaller as the reality that our first Walt Disney World trip was over sank in. We both got a little emotional, I don't mind admitting it.

I'm sure the ferry captains are used to people blubbering on their last trips from the parks! Maybe next time we'll take the monorail and get it over quicker.

That evening we all reconvened for one last holiday meal as a group. We headed to Uno which has been a favourite for us on two previous trips. It was pretty good this time too. I can't recall what everyone ordered I'm afraid, I suspect I probably had a steak and a few beers to wash it down.

kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a great last day. You'll be planning your next trip when you get home.