Notices

Old 24 Apr 16, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

54321 Lady P and Parker Go to Florida May/June 2016

My first pre-trippy – so go easy please.

So, here we go again, off on another Florida Holiday, bigger and better than before, well hopefully so with all this planning. I’m totally addicted to Florida, can’t and won’t go anywhere else. I’m addicted to couponing here in the UK, and love to make savings so I can spend my money on holidays to Florida.

Here’s a few photo’s from our trip in 2014, I’ve been again in September last year, just me and dh – which surprisingly was really good – didn’t think I’d manage without the kids!

You will always find me, floating around on the Lazy B**tch River, as my sons like to call it!

This year, I’m taking my son Leighton, his wife Gemma, and my 2 gorgeous grandsons, Jayden (8) and Ashden (3). This will be Jayden’s 3rd visit, having made the journey when he was 4 months old, and last time in 2014 – he is absolutely mad about big roller coasters, so he can’t wait. Also my DH - the Parker to my Lady P - my chauffeur - hence the trip title.

My youngest son can’t join us this year, as he is finishing his nursing college course, before starting university in September, and we will miss him. I also have another son, who is getting married this year, so he won’t be coming either, and a stepdaughter – they’ve all been with us in the past.

Jayden is totally fearless, here he is on Summit Plummit, with my ds watching – he was 6 years old here, which I think is pretty amazing.

Last year’s birthday at Hard Rock Hotel – hoping for a repeat of this
as both boys have birthdays in June.

Here’s the little one – Donald Duck and Chip and Dale mad. Scrummy little face – although he doesn’t like any rides – so it’s going to be interesting.

So, we’re stopping at the Premier Inn Runger Lane North on Saturday 21st May 2016 £35 special, and we’re also having the meal deal.

Then we’re flying Manchester to Miami with Thomas Cook on the 22nd May. We have seats 8D and 8E for me and DH, with the Kroks behind us 9D,E,F and G. We’re PE on the way back and have 1A, C, D and F, and 2A and C. Just a little bit too expensive for PE outbound, but we did get a good price on our flights, booking way back in July 2015. £1791 for 2A and 2Ch, that’s with a £60 charge for booking our seats. Looking forward to meeting a fellow dibber “smilesonfaces” who will be on our flight.

Car booked with Alamo Brits, hoping for a Town & Country, DH gutted that the SUV’s won’t be big enough, ah well. £497 for 18 nights, and hopefully Quidco cashback, fingers crossed.

First night we are at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Blue Lagoon, booked with Hotels.com – B&B and free parking for £87 and cashback to come, hopefully. Papa John’s this evening, from our Groupon Deal.

So – here are our plans for the rest of the holiday.

Monday 23rd May – first time on site for 5 nights at Disney’s Old Key West Resort with free DDP, Memory Maker and $200 gift card.

We have ADR’s booked at Crystal Palace Breakfast, Whispering Canyon (after Chip and Dale’s Campfire Singalong), T-Rex, BOG Lunch, Teppan Edo and Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package.

Saturday 28th May - – we’re off to “always happy” Champion Florida Villa – booked on the Dibb. This ticked all my boxes, and I’m really looking forward to chilling and relaxing here after our hectic time at Disney.

Places we are eating: –

Papa John’s takeaway – rest of my Groupon package.
Texas Roadhouse
Millers Ale House
Longhorn Steakhouse
Bubba Gumps – Landry’s Card
4 Rivers Smokehouse
Outback
Manny’s 192
Rainforest Cafe – Landry’s Card
Shake Shack – one of my favourite meals last year, expensive, but well worth it.
I Hop for breakfast – 1st timers.
Need to do my sign ups soon.

A little break in-between as we’re also booked Club Level at the RPR on 1st June – booked back in January for £238 with British Airways (as usual – cashback to come on this). Also have the Photo connect package purchased on Black Friday for $59.95 for a 5 day digital package.

We are also thinking of spending a day at the beach, either Anna Marie Island or St. Pete’s.
We also have our shopping – and this is my haul from last September (went a bit mad at Walgreens following a thread on here!)

Mostly things for the grandchildren here. Hoping to get some new Uggs whilst we are there, some bedding and some towels. I don’t really clothes shop for myself in Florida, as I buy everything I need before I go!

Still to do:-
Load my 3 sim with feel at home package.
Download my Groupon Orlando vouchers for Papa John’s and Target
Set up my Aldi Action Camera
Pack

Although my family think I am totally bonkers, they do not realise the planning that goes into every trip. I have a lot of dibbers to thank for all the tips I have read on here that has helped to hopefully make this a fantastic holiday.

Edit:-

Just managed to get a Fastpass for the new Night Kilamanjaro Safari - just waiting for the Jungle Book Show to come onto Fasspass. Really looking forward to this.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 07:02 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

A great read and a teeny countdown! Have a magical time
PS I'm just up the road from you in Mapperley Plains xx
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Thank you - nice to know I've a dibber local to me, not too far away at all.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
thebig40
slightly serious Dibber

Lazy bi*%h river!
Love it!
thebig40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thebig40 View Post
Lazy bi*%h river!
Love it!
Just going to read your pre trippy😊

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
Old 2 May 16, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

This all sounds fab, looking forward to reading all about it.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
My first pre-trippy – so go easy please.

So, here we go again, off on another Florida Holiday, bigger and better than before, well hopefully so with all this planning. I’m totally addicted to Florida, can’t and won’t go anywhere else. I’m addicted to couponing here in the UK, and love to make savings so I can spend my money on holidays to Florida.

Here’s a few photo’s from our trip in 2014, I’ve been again in September last year, just me and dh – which surprisingly was really good – didn’t think I’d manage without the kids!

You will always find me, floating around on the Lazy B**tch River, as my sons like to call it!

This year, I’m taking my son Leighton, his wife Gemma, and my 2 gorgeous grandsons, Jayden (8) and Ashden (3). This will be Jayden’s 3rd visit, having made the journey when he was 4 months old, and last time in 2014 – he is absolutely mad about big roller coasters, so he can’t wait. Also my DH - the Parker to my Lady P - my chauffeur - hence the trip title.

My youngest son can’t join us this year, as he is finishing his nursing college course, before starting university in September, and we will miss him. I also have another son, who is getting married this year, so he won’t be coming either, and a stepdaughter – they’ve all been with us in the past.

Jayden is totally fearless, here he is on Summit Plummit, with my ds watching – he was 6 years old here, which I think is pretty amazing.

Last year’s birthday at Hard Rock Hotel – hoping for a repeat of this
as both boys have birthdays in June.

Here’s the little one – Donald Duck and Chip and Dale mad. Scrummy little face – although he doesn’t like any rides – so it’s going to be interesting.

So, we’re stopping at the Premier Inn Runger Lane North on Saturday 21st May 2016 £35 special, and we’re also having the mean deal.

Then we’re flying Manchester to Miami with Thomas Cook on the 22nd May. We have seats 8D and 8E for me and DH, with the Kroks behind us 9D,E,F and G. We’re PE on the way back and have 1A, C, D and F, and 2A and C. Just a little bit too expensive for PE outbound, but we did get a good price on our flights, booking way back in July 2015. £1791 for 2A and 2Ch, that’s with a £60 charge for booking our seats. Looking forward to meeting a fellow dibber “smilesonfaces” who will be on our flight.

Car booked with Alamo Brits, hoping for a Town & Country, DH gutted that the SUV’s won’t be big enough, ah well. £497 for 18 nights, and hopefully Quidco cashback, fingers crossed.

First night we are at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Blue Lagoon, booked with Hotels.com – B&B and free parking for £87 and cashback to come, hopefully. Papa John’s this evening, from our Groupon Deal.

So – here are our plans for the rest of the holiday.

Monday 22nd May – first time on site for 5 nights at Disney’s Old Key West Resort with free DDP, Memory Maker and $200 gift card.

We have ADR’s booked at Chrystal Palace Breakfast, Whispering Canyon (after Chip and Dale’s Campfire Singalong), T-Rex, BOG Lunch, Teppan Edo and Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package.

Saturday 28th May - – we’re off to “always happy” Champion Florida Villa – booked on the Dibb. This ticked all my boxes, and I’m really looking forward to chilling and relaxing here after our hectic time at Disney.

Places we are eating: –

Papa John’s takeaway – rest of my Groupon package.
Texas Roadhouse
Millers Ale House
Longhorn Steakhouse
Bubba Gumps – Landry’s Card
4 Rivers Smokehouse
Outback
Manny’s 192
Rainforest Cafe – Landry’s Card
Shake Shack – one of my favourite meals last year, expensive, but well worth it.
I Hop for breakfast – 1st timers.
Need to do my sign ups soon.

A little break in-between as we’re also booked Club Level at the RPR on 1st June – booked back in January for £238 with British Airways (as usual – cashback to come on this). Also have the Photo connect package purchased on Black Friday for $59.95 for a 5 day digital package.

We are also thinking of spending a day at the beach, either Anna Marie Island or St. Pete’s.
We also have our shopping – and this is my haul from last September (went a bit mad at Walgreens following a thread on here!)

Mostly things for the grandchildren here. Hoping to get some new Uggs whilst we are there, some bedding and some towels. I don’t really clothes shop for myself in Florida, as I buy everything I need before I go!

Still to do:-
Load my 3 sim with feel at home package.
Download my Groupon Orlando vouchers for Papa John’s and Target
Set up my Aldi Action Camera
Pack

Although my family think I am totally bonkers, they do not realise the planning that goes into every trip. I have a lot of dibbers to thank for all the tips I have read on here that has helped to hopefully make this a fantastic holiday.

Edit:-

Just managed to get a Fastpass for the new Night Kilamanjaro Safari - just waiting for the Jungle Book Show to come onto Fasspass. Really looking forward to this.

Hi, we are there at the same time we fly from Glasgow on the 21st, ( I did my first pre trip too)

We have a good few similar choices, I have a landrys card too.
Your so lucky to get BOG for lunch! Iv been trying since we booked in Jan for that!

Are you going to do a trip report?
Lisa
X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs B View Post
Hi, we are there at the same time we fly from Glasgow on the 21st, ( I did my first pre trip too)

We have a good few similar choices, I have a landrys card too.
Your so lucky to get BOG for lunch! Iv been trying since we booked in Jan for that!

Are you going to do a trip report?
Lisa
X
Hi Lisa, yes i'm hoping to do a trip report. I was really lucky with my ADR's - just slipped up with booking Minnie's Seasonal Dine. Changed it to Mama Melrose after reading some of the reviews, but could only get 1pm, which isn't ideal, as would much prefer an evening ADR.

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
Old 3 May 16, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaygirl1973
Excited about Disney

I'm assuming you mean either Sunday 22 nod or Monday 23rd! We check out if okw on the 23rd after a five might stay then moving to our villa and we are also staying one night at rpr in a Jurassic park suite to do universal! Have a fab time xx
holidaygirl1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by holidaygirl1973 View Post
I'm assuming you mean either Sunday 22 nod or Monday 23rd! We check out if okw on the 23rd after a five might stay then moving to our villa and we are also staying one night at rpr in a Jurassic park suite to do universal! Have a fab time xx
Yep - you're right - it's Monday 23rd - off to amend that now. Enjoy your stay too.

Janette
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018