Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Another Amazing Adventure - Day 3 - 5th April 2016

On our third day - a Tuesday - we visited a busy Hollywood Studios.

The weather was wonderful. Look, not a cloud in the sky!

Our first fastpass of the day was for Star Tours. The queue to the left of the picture was actually the fastpass queue. It looked worse than it was and moved quickly. The problem with the fastpass scanners is that they slow people up for a couple of seconds, which in turn causes a queue to build up before the entrance.

Star Tours is a great ride and we went on it multiple times during the holiday. However, they've ruined the variability and randomness of it; the beginning half was always the same "Force Awakens" bit.

Here's Hannah wearing a BB-8 hat.

We saw quite a lot of people wearing these.

The Muppets shop at the exit of the Muppets 4D show. Note the crowds.

We visited the Writer's Stop, which has had a stay of execution. It's on the border of the Star Wars Land / Toy Story Land work about to start at HS. Sadly it's a shadow of its former self as there are very few snacks now on offer compared to previously.

Another photo taken in the Writer's Stop showing the goods on offer.

Later, we each had a large ice cream from Gertie's ice cream stall. Yum yum.

The queue for the Great Move Ride was quite long, and we didn't have fastpasses, so we didn't go on it today. However, there were a number of characters we could meet'n'greet outside the Chinese Theatre.

Like Goofy...

Good old Goofy!

And a shot with all three of us. Goofy is the one in the middle, not the one on the far right.

We also met Daisy Duck who signed Hannah's autograph book.

Another photo of the girls.

We also met Bolt, who we'd never met before.

Bolt was very fluffy and friendly.

We also saw the new Storm Trooper parade led by Captain Phasma and the new Star Wars show in front of the Chinese Theatre. It's great if you love Star Wars (not so good if you don't).

Above is some artwork of the new Alien claw ride coming to Toy Story Land sometime this century. Maybe. This sort of artwork is on all the walls bordering the work going on in HS.

During the afternoon we used our fastpasses to ride Toy Story Midway Mania and watch Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We also visited the Star Wars Launch Bay...

There's BB-8 (not in hat form this time).

Hannah met a Jawa, who wanted to trade things. However Hannah had nothing to trade - and she wasn't going to swap one of her pin badges for some bit of tat.

There was lots of Star Wars things at HS - Star Tours on one side, the Launch Bay on the other side, the stage show and fireworks in the middle and lots of Star Wars merchandise around the park.

I considered buying a lightsaber umbrella with light-up shaft or something else Star Wars related but resisted. Later in the holiday I did succumb and bought a lightsaber.

We didn't manage to last until the Star Wars fireworks around 9pm and instead went back to CBR early.

Tomorrow we were due to leave Disney for a couple of days to visit the Universal parks instead, and stay one night at the Royal Pacific Resort.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Nimbus - 25 Apr 16 10:07 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Oh to have some of that lovely weather and blue skys! A good day, even though it was busy. We were there when Star Wars Launch Bay opened and have to agree there's loads of Star Wars stuff around.
Old 26 Apr 16, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Looks great Nimbus - must look out for the Lightsabre-brolly when we go!

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Another Great Day. The weather looked stunning
Pavilion1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Sounds like a great day!

I recently read that The Writers Stop have started stalking the carrot cake cookie and some other bakery items again
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Sounds like a great day!

I recently read that The Writers Stop have started stalking the carrot cake cookie and some other bakery items again
Stalking?... Those guys are serious foodies if they have to stalk food...

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Looks great Nimbus - must look out for the Lightsabre-brolly when we go!
After seeing them in the shop, I saw someone with one walking in the Florida rain. It looked pretty cool (YMMV). I think they cost just under $70, which is expensive for a brolly but not a stupid price for what you get.

DW thought I wouldn't use it and it would probably end up being an expensive ornament. But then later I bought a lightsaber so, y'know, I now have a plastic ornament which won't protect me from the rain.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball18
Very Serious Dibber

I know The Muppets is a little dated now but I still love it!
Snowball18 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Snowball18 View Post
I know The Muppets is a little dated now but I still love it!
I agree!

Although having seen it a number of times now, I wouldn't be against updating it to a new film - still Muppets related though!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~