Notices

Old 30 Apr 16, 03:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Florida 2016- The One With A Wedding- Day 3

So a total fail on the picture front today!

We were up and checked out by 8.30 and heading for Busch gardens. We planned to stop somewhere for breakfast on the way but we were delayed in traffic due to an accident so Lee wanted to get straight in.
We shared half a bag of these- very nutritious, Mia was happy anyway!

We had tickets through discovery cove for here with free parking. They just scanned the barcode and we parked in the first few rows, it seemed quiet!

The tickets were turnstile ready but we were told when asked that we needed to queue to get cards. This wasn't needed! So 30 mins in the queue wasted we went in.

Basically everything was a walk on other than skyride which took about 20 mins until we got on. Mia was desperate to ride roller coasters. She's only tall enough for scorpion but she loved it. She also rode most things in the Sesame Street area.

As we still hadn't eaten and it was now 1.00 we thought we should stop. Me and Lee had a go on most of the coasters we wanted, including Falcons fury- not one for the faint hearted! I held my breath the whole time we just hung there facing earth before the drop!

We ate at zagora cafe.
I didn't take my phone around the park so Lee took pics on the GoPro, if he can save to his phone I'll update pics later.

I had a turkey Cobb salad, this was huge and enough to share really. It had turkey, bacon bits, boiled egg, cheese, lettuce and tomato.

Lee had a chicken wrap and Mia had chicken tenders and chips.

We watched the show iceploration, it was really good, ice skating, acrobats and animals. Mia said she loved it.

We headed around the park going on most things until we hit a wall at about 4.30. It was really hot today. We hadn't done the safari but decided to call it a day anyway.

There were lots of groups arriving, I think there was an event on as there were signs everywhere for grad night. As we were walking out there were teenagers everywhere so I think we called it a day at the right time.

We made the drive over to Orlando and checked into Marriott harbour lake. We have stayed here before and really like it, so much to do on site which is perfect as we weren't doing Disney.

Here are some pics of the apartment.

And one for the mums! How sad am I to be glad to see a washer and dryer? I had a wash on within an hour of being here! Last time our cases were full of clean clothes going home, I'm hoping for the same this time as it saves loads of work when we get back 😳

We went to do our Walmart shop, getting some essentials like cereal, bacon, bread, milk, cheese etc for breakfast and some lunches for days we're around the pool.
Although a lot of crap found its way into the trolley! Lol! Might have to save most of this for after Monday so I fit into my dress 🎂👰🏼

As per tradition, we get a Panda Express on our first night. We had the family feast which is far too much for just us really but there you go, we will prob snack on some for lunch tomorrow.

We had noodles, Aberdeen steak which was delicious and came with mushrooms and asparagus, orange chicken, rice and teriyaki chicken which there was loads of.

All very tasty and lived up to our first night in Orlando tradition.

Wifi much better here so I will try to write in the evenings while I sip on a frozen cocktail once Mia is safely tucked up for the night 💤

2004 / 2009/ 2009/ 2013 Mia's first visit to Disney / 2014 Orlando & Clearwater / 2016 Our wedding! Orlando & St Pete's - Photo trippie done / May 2018 Orlando & Fort Myers beach on Estero Island/ 2019 Big family Disney trip/ 2020 sneaky week
Larajp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 03:27 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Larajp - 30 Apr 16 3:27 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely day enjoying reading along...have a great day today x
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day apartment looks good, you can't beat a Walmart shop

Joan
Old 30 Apr 16, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Apartment looks lovely, I'm with you on the washing!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

I'm like you with the washing as well. We travel with my parents and my Dad thinks it is hilarious.
Old 30 Apr 16, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Sounds like a brilliant day at Busch Gardens, getting loads done. I love that others think like me about coming home with a case of clean clothes! It's soooo good. Looking forward to your Orlando days.
Old 30 Apr 16, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Enjoying your report
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wal-mart... gotta love it!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 16, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Totally understand the washing thing, I love using the ones over there too
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List