Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Another Amazing Adventure - Day 8 - 10th April 2016

Half way through our holiday - time to visit Seaworld. After breakfast CBR, we took a taxi to Seaworld (I think it cost about $25) and arrived just after 10am.

Seaworld still had the sign up celebrating 50 years, which they had 2 years ago.

We had a look in the aquarium near Manta. This is the waterfall outside the entrance.

Walking past the Antartica section.

We then watched the seal lions at Pacific Point Preserve.

Another seal lion.

Time for our first show; the new Clyde and Seamore's Sea Lion High. This was the first time we'd seen this.

I suppose it makes a change from the old, everlasting pirate show.

The show is pretty much the same as the old one - and has the same animals doing the same sort of tricks, including that large walrus.

And there are no mimes at the beginning either.

Penguins next. The wild ride to see them wasn't particularly wild but the view at the end was worth it. But it was bloomin' cold in the enclosure - and we were just wearing shorts and t-shirts.

Lots of penguins!

Onwards to Turtle Trek. This is a very under-appreciated attraction; the film and the animals in the tanks are all wonderful.

My favourite show here is Blue Horizons. Unfortunately, it seems Seaworld has changed this show and got rid of the divers and the false killer whales, I think.

It's still a good show and the dolphins are wonderful as always.

A new building had appeared in Seaworld since we'd last been here - Pretzel Kitchen. We were going to have a pretzel here but, for reasons that I can't remember now, we ended up missing out.

We did spend a short bit of time in the Happy Harbor area waiting for the next Shamu show time. Hannah and Michelle went on Shamu's coaster.

Time to watch One Ocean at Shamu Stadium. As you can see, the stadium was half empty. Seaworld seemed noticeably quieter and less crowded than the Disney and Universal parks. That made this day at Seaworld a little more relaxing.

Oh look, a beached killer whale.

It's a good show, though a bit short.

Seaworld is currently building their new rollercoaster - Mako - around the shark enclosure. Trying to get a good photo of this new ride was difficult, most of the coaster wasn't particularly visible. So this shot across the lake was the best I could do.

Mako looks pretty amazing.

A random bird.

Finally, we watched the dolphins in the dolphin nursery being fed.

After saying goodbye to Seaworld, Michelle and Hannah decided they wanted to visit a Wallgreens (!) and one of those cheap souvenir shops along Intl Drive. *shrug*

Also, it was an excuse to try out the I-Ride. We've travelled along Intl Drive on the I-Ride trolley bus every time we've visited Orlando and this holiday was going to be no different. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.

A view of the Orlando Eye on International Drive.

After visiting Walgreens and the souvenir shop, we walked to Pointe Orlando. Then we took a taxi from there back to CBR.

It had been a good day at Seaworld and definitely different to Disney. We had an early night because tomorrow... it was time was celebrate Hannah's birthday!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 16, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Nimbus - 16 May 16 8:59 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 16, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I'm loving your report. Seaworld does look very quiet.
Old 17 May 16, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great day

Joan
Old 22 Jun 16, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Haha lot's of penguins and lots of penguin poop!

Great day, nice pace with the park being quiet. I haven't been to SeaWorld in a long time and I do miss some aspects of it x
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 16, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great report! fab pics